• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
^ yeah, same here, Touj.

Anyway, JUST finished watching episode 4. HOLY ****. I'm really loving this anime. SO FREAKIN' PUMPED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. Starting episode 5 right now. even though i've gotta study and give a test today

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
No shush. They have to explain something. I really like the show so far, but that's with the promise that things will be explained. If they don't explain, I'll lose a lot of like for the show.

I was thinking about this earlier and I came to two conclusions:

>There shouldn't be TOO many unanswered questions since most of those arise after the (predicted) ending point of the anime. The thing that irks me the most about this series is that there are tons of revelations with explanations few and far between. Even at the current point in the manga, there are still tons of unanswered questions from the beginning of the series as well as those that have piled up all throughout. It seems to be a ways off until any explanations will be given, so for now I'm just gritting my teeth and waiting.

>The anime's end is entirely up in the air. The current pace matches the manga at about ~1 chapter per episode (as well as integrating a flashback chapter in early on) so that pace would mean that it ends right in the middle of a very important story arc, which...can't happen, of course. So either that'll be rushed through or omitted with filler taking its place. Both would be really painful, but a second season is always an option and the filler would really compliment that in the long run.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The only unanswered question I really care about is "why do they do it". I don't care how they came into existence or anything else; I would be completely satisfied knowing why.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Well... that's not even in manga so... that's that...
Only theories are pilling up considering what manga revealed about Eotens.

Lots of revelations, lots of hinting at future revelations, but no real explanations about anything. It's kind of a letdown, to be honest. The burden ultimately falls on the secrets in the basement and

Spoiler:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
^ that's definitely not a bad thing, though. It keeps the series from running out of steam. Keeps viewers/readers genuinely interested in whatever the hell's coming up next. That's my view, anyway. Seriously, if it weren't for TONS of unanswered questions in One Piece even after almost 600 episodes/700 chapters now I doubt it'd still be interesting

Though yeah, it'd be one hell of a letdown if the explanations ultimately fail to be satisfactory. It's gotta be something I could never think about. There were quite a few things that I guessed while reading the manga and they turned out to be true. Things like
Spoiler:

That said, due to all the things being kept a secret, the wait for a new chapter becomes excruciatingly painful. ;____; I JUST finished reading the manga upto the point it's available on the internet and I'm just longing for another chapter. Pretty darn sure it's a monthly manga looking at the chapter size. Anybody knows for certain if it's monthly? Or is it like one of those mangas where a chapter comes out in six months or a year? (berserk, anyone?)

Also, I don't want this to be a 25 episode anime. :< It probably won't have a good ending. But hey, always up for it if it's gonna have more than one season. :p

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
It seems to be released monthly and the translations are always released between the 9th and the 13th, so the next chapter should be out any day now. I'm pretty excited for it because the ending of the last one came out of nowhere.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
^ that's definitely not a bad thing, though. It keeps the series from running out of steam. Keeps viewers/readers genuinely interested in whatever the hell's coming up next. That's my view, anyway. Seriously, if it weren't for TONS of unanswered questions in One Piece even after almost 600 episodes/700 chapters now I doubt it'd still be interesting

Though yeah, it'd be one hell of a letdown if the explanations ultimately fail to be satisfactory. It's gotta be something I could never think about. There were quite a few things that I guessed while reading the manga and they turned out to be true. Things like BAMBAMBAM

That said, due to all the things being kept a secret, the wait for a new chapter becomes excruciatingly painful. ;____; I JUST finished reading the manga upto the point it's available on the internet and I'm just longing for another chapter. Pretty darn sure it's a monthly manga looking at the chapter size. Anybody knows for certain if it's monthly? Or is it like one of those mangas where a chapter comes out in six months or a year? (berserk, anyone?)

Also, I don't want this to be a 25 episode anime. :< It probably won't have a good ending. But hey, always up for it if it's gonna have more than one season. :p

Why the heck did you spoiled yourself? xD And please make that spoiler go away it's a pretty huge one The manga's chapters are released monthly. :3

It seems to be released monthly and the translations are always released between the 9th and the 13th, so the next chapter should be out any day now. I'm pretty excited for it because the ending of the last one came out of nowhere.

Chapter 45 was released yesterday and I'm reading it now. :3

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Just watched episode 6. Where does the time go as I am watching this?! :O

Spoiler:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Just watched episode 6. Where does the time go as I am watching this?! :O

Spoiler:

It is and the KILLING is just too much. T_T

The sparks around mikasa when she was about to stab the man reminded me of DBZ. I was thinking like OMG mikasa's gonna turn into a Super Saiyan. :3

Also Ymir's voice in the anime is umm... WAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA I always thought his voice will be more deeper or like a male. :3 Since I don't see Ymir as a girl at all

AAAAHHHHH thank you so much for saying so. I'm definitely going to hop on that once I finish making dinner.

Yeah there are some weird things going on with that chap. :3

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
As the others mentioned, it's monthly released =)

Well... classic middle long ongoing.
They won't prolong this for longer time.

It is and the KILLING is just too much. T_T
Spoiler:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I was so excited to see what happened to Eren this episode. I mean I loved it anyway because Mikasa's history really made me wonder, but now it's another week of arguing with my bf over whether or not Eren is going to die.

Dude it was the fifth episode and he's the main character. He's not dead.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I tried out the anime because everyone on the server was talking about it and I wanted to take a break from the other anime I was watching. I thought it was really interesting and I like it a lot because it's so different... but the Titans are really kinda freaky tbh. also the voice actor for eren also voices alibaba in magi

I already spoiled myself and I know what happens with Eren and such I always do this to myself >.>

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I tried out the anime because everyone on the server was talking about it and I wanted to take a break from the other anime I was watching. I thought it was really interesting and I like it a lot because it's so different... but the Titans are really kinda freaky tbh. also the voice actor for eren also voices alibaba in magi

I already spoiled myself and I know what happens with Eren and such I always do this to myself >.>

Me and blade are making everyone watch it! :3

And why did you spoiled yourself? T_T You won't enjoy watching if you did. :/

Anyways the live adaptation of SNK is about to be ready. In 5 years

I found a fan art of it and it looks incredibly awesome! :D

Spoiler:

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Me and blade are making everyone watch it! :3

And why did you spoiled yourself? T_T You won't enjoy watching if you did. :/

Anyways the live adaptation of SNK is about to be ready. In 5 years

I found a fan art of it and it looks incredibly awesome! :D

Spoiler:

Thats looks so awesome! :D On the sidenote I have the same problem as Lapras. I am easily spoilered (by myself or others) Or even worse I always know what is going to happen..so nothing should come as a suprise. On the positive side even if I would read a spoiler Im able to forget it and still watch the show. :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Episode 7 is out in all its wonderfulness. :D

Spoiler:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Episode 7

Spoiler:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Oh forgot the ep 7 spoiler review of the show.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Awesome anime! Really enjoying the animation and the music in particular.

Spoiler:

Can you guys be a bit more careful with the spoilers? :/ Some of you are spilling manga-knowledge into your anime reviews. Such as:

Spoiler:

Back