• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfic Feedback

Adventure-Chan

*~Have faith~*
Years
Hello, I had made a thread about which fanfic I should write, I have choosen Visions of Darkness, to be renamed Dreams of Darkness. I now, need more feed back on the characters and plot developement. If you wish to see a sample of the chapter PM me and I will PM it back. To start things off..

Should I name the Heroine Pearl or Dawn?

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Whatever the heck you want, Pokemaster. You're the author, decide some of these things yourself.

What on earth is "Carkness"? And why are you renaming the fic? Just for the heck of it?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Come on, you can do better than Dawn or Pearl. I mean, unless the fic has something to do with pearls or dawn(as in the time of day), then I don't see why her name can't be Lisa or something. I saw this website on one of the threads. It's already helping me with naming my characters (And posssibly my children XD)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Instead of just using whatever name anyone tells you, look through the website Glajummy posted and find a name that has meaning for your story/character. o_0 Sometimes, the name fits the character (in which the character comes first and you chose a name that works in favor of or against their personality) or the character fits the name (in which the name comes first and you work the personality around that.)

Or you could just forget about symbolism and just chose a random name that you like.

Just take your time with your fic's planning stages. It is your fic after all. You could name the characters whatever you want (within reason); you can title the fic whatever you want. Just write it and be satisfied with the product.

If you would like me to, I'll extend my beta services to you to help you catch typos and fix grammar.

Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
If you have Works Word Processor, Office Word, OpenOffice, basically any word document with a spell checker, you won't need a beta for grammar.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
If you have Works Word Processor, Office Word, OpenOffice, basically any word document with a spell checker, you won't need a beta for grammar.

Side note: Works doesn't completely check grammar, and Office Word's grammar checker notoriously sucks. The latter points out errors where there actually aren't errors and skips over the stuff that should be marked.

Meanwhile, spell checker only covers spelling errors, so it'll only probably fix the typo problem. And even then, it doesn't catch things like Pokemon names unless you actually enter them into the dictionary.

So, yes, it's recommended to get a beta reader.

Sorry for promoting derailment, by the way.

Back