• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
ooh my favourate fire type. This is tricky.
Without a doubt my least is Magmar but after that I love them all. So I'm going to have to narrow things down.
I'll discount Flareon because, while I like it, it's not my favourate.
I always feel Charizard and co. get too much attention so I prefer to focus on other pokemon
I won't include ledgendaries so sorry Moltres.
Ponyta is cool but basic with nothing too special about it, same for Rapidash.
Which I think just leaves Growlthe vs. Vulpix. This is really hard. Growlthe is just awesome while Vulpix is super cute. Growlthe was one of my first pokemon while Vulpix was the first pokemon I could draw (well). So for the sake of my artistic side I will go for Vulpix as my favourate with Growlthe less than a mm behind (really, really close).

Years
I also don't mind Arcanine that much. It's strong and quick. Good Gen V move set and It looks pretty awesome.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
I know its overrated but c'mon, Charizard is just plain awesome. It was the most powerful of the three starters and is still used by many of my friends. Then again, Vulpix is as adorable, close to being even more, adorable than Eevee.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I'm reposting my banner, apparently some people couldn't see it. It's in the spoiler. Anyway, in my opinion, the best Fire-type in the 1st Generation would have to be Arcanine. It looks insanely cool, and it's really strong, always being a favorite of mine in my team.

Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I can't really call Charizard "overrated" in my honest opinion. I can understand why it's really that awesome. It's because of his strength, and his look. It's nothing compared to Pikachu.

Charizard is also a "hero" to my cousin...so I see why. xD

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I can't really call Charizard "overrated" in my honest opinion. I can understand why it's really that awesome. It's because of his strength, and his look. It's nothing compared to Pikachu.

Charizard is also a "hero" to my cousin...so I see why. xD
The point is Charizard's strength is about the same as Blastoise and Venusaur, it's tough but not as tough as a lot of people say. It gets ruined in competitive by the likes of Golem and other hardy rock types. I hear a lot about Charizard being 'the strongest pokemon ever' when the reality is far, far, from it.
I sound like I hate Charizard but i really don't, I love it! But it's not as powerfully awesome as some people say.

Years
How Charizard was never a Dragon is beyond me. It looks so friggin awesome.
If you heard "Pocket Monsters" Charizard would be one of the first Pokemon that come to your head besides Pikachu who is obviously the mascot.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
charizard, barring Pikachu, is the 'classic' pokemon. I mean, most people unfamiliar to Pokemon knows Pikachu, second they know charizard. the rest is just a jumble of pokemon.

On another note: I never knew Arcanine could learn CC! :O

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Interesting choices everyone! Hmm, we need another topic.. Keeping in with the type-specific theme,

Favorite Gen I Electric-type?

Myself, Electrode. It has a really nice shiny form, and I believe it's famous ability to Self-Destruct makes it quite useful in-game. Anybody?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Pikachu, of course! Followed by Raichu, Electabuzz, and Jolteon.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
Jolteon is awesome. Once again, its partially because I like the Eeveelutions a lot. However I also remember that it has pin missile, and was pretty good for taking down psychic types in Gen1 (from my experiences anyways).

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Indigo Plateau
Username: bewbs
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Ninetailes, blastoise, clefable, chansey, oddish, gloom, vileplume, nidoqueen, lapras, eevee, dragonair and rapidash.
Partner Pokemon: Mutya the Nidoqueen

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
Favorite genI electric pokemon

Hmm I would say Jolteon because of its design and usefulness...I don't really like the voltorb line and pikachu has crap stats...I also like Zapdos but it is a legendaruy so I haven't used it much

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Magneton hands down.
Suprising as I usually like my pokemon to look like animals but I really have a soft spot for this one. It's usually my electric type of choice in everygame it is in. I find it stronger than Pikachu line and easier to get than Jolteon. Electrode isn't bad but I just like Magneton more. Once it gains steel typing as well then it becomes a powerful defencive pokemon (as well as a good attacker) to make up for its mediocore speed. Shame magnezone is so complicated to get.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have a few favorites. Primarily my favorites are Raichu and Jolteon, which are the two I frequent. A third fave would be Zapdos, not just because it's legendary. Both Raichu and Jolteon are considered my favorites because they're easier to train and easy to evolve. (Both use a thunderstone).

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I have a few favorites. Primarily my favorites are Raichu and Jolteon, which are the two I frequent. A third fave would be Zapdos, not just because it's legendary. Both Raichu and Jolteon are considered my favorites because they're easier to train and easy to evolve. (Both use a thunderstone).

Magneton hands down.
Suprising as I usually like my pokemon to look like animals but I really have a soft spot for this one. It's usually my electric type of choice in everygame it is in. I find it stronger than Pikachu line and easier to get than Jolteon. Electrode isn't bad but I just like Magneton more. Once it gains steel typing as well then it becomes a powerful defencive pokemon (as well as a good attacker) to make up for its mediocore speed. Shame magnezone is so complicated to get.

Favorite genI electric pokemon

Hmm I would say Jolteon because of its design and usefulness...I don't really like the voltorb line and pikachu has crap stats...I also like Zapdos but it is a legendaruy so I haven't used it much

Jolteon is awesome. Once again, its partially because I like the Eeveelutions a lot. However I also remember that it has pin missile, and was pretty good for taking down psychic types in Gen1 (from my experiences anyways).

Pikachu, of course! Followed by Raichu, Electabuzz, and Jolteon.
Interesting! RAICHU <3 I remember finding a Pikachu during my first Kanto playthrough, wanting a Raichu, but never being able to find a darned Thunderstone, LOL.

Indigo Plateau
Username: bewbs
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Ninetailes, blastoise, clefable, chansey, oddish, gloom, vileplume, nidoqueen, lapras, eevee, dragonair and rapidash.
Partner Pokemon: Mutya the Nidoqueen
Welcome!

Jayster23, congratulations on becoming elite!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The only downside to having a Pikachu in Yellow is that you can't evolve it. I remember playing through Yellow for the first time and I was scouring all around Kanto for a thunderstone, then I was told about not evolving. I was bummed. xD

I played Red, and got my Pikachu in Viridian Forest (they were a pain to find imo), and trained it up to L25 and reached Celadon City to buy the Thunderstone.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Hard choice, really hard choice... I think I'll go with Magneton. I love most of the Electric types in Gen I because from memory they were all either incredibly cute or incredibly strong; it was a staple type that you could rely on in Kanto. Due to its design and rarity, Electabuzz gets a lot of love from me as this strange elusive Pokemon with extreme power and an incredibly design, but Magneton was always incredibly reliable and was a true powerhouse of the first generation. I used one in all my Gen I teams, and a lot of further on teams too. I'll also always have a soft spot for Electrode based on its cheeky grin and ridiculously high speed, but it just isn't unique enough to warrant common use in my opinion.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Hard choice, really hard choice... I think I'll go with Magneton. I love most of the Electric types in Gen I because from memory they were all either incredibly cute or incredibly strong; it was a staple type that you could rely on in Kanto. Due to its design and rarity, Electabuzz gets a lot of love from me as this strange elusive Pokemon with extreme power and an incredibly design, but Magneton was always incredibly reliable and was a true powerhouse of the first generation. I used one in all my Gen I teams, and a lot of further on teams too. I'll also always have a soft spot for Electrode based on its cheeky grin and ridiculously high speed, but it just isn't unique enough to warrant common use in my opinion.
Ooh, Magneton, sweet! Yay I'm not the only one who takes cuteness over power :D

The only downside to having a Pikachu in Yellow is that you can't evolve it. I remember playing through Yellow for the first time and I was scouring all around Kanto for a thunderstone, then I was told about not evolving. I was bummed. xD

I played Red, and got my Pikachu in Viridian Forest (they were a pain to find imo), and trained it up to L25 and reached Celadon City to buy the Thunderstone.
Haha yeah, I don't understand why you can't. YOU CAN BUY THUNDERSTONES IN CELADON CITY!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHY WAS I NOT TOLD ABOUT THIS!?!?!?!?!?!?1616161616

Hmm, I think I'll let this topic continue a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back