• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Competitive Fully EV Trained Team

Fomalhaut

Formal Hunt
Years
Timid Espeon @ Light Clay
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Magic Bounce
Reflect
Psychic
Baton Pass
Light Sceen

Jolly Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Poison Heal
Toxic
Protect
Substitute
Earthquake

Impish Dusknoir @ Leftovers
252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Def
Pressure
Pain Split
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Will-O-Wisp

Timid Darkrai @ Leftovers
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Bad Dreams
Dark Void
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast

Modest Volcarona @ Chesto Berry
160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Flame Body
Rest
Bug Buzz
Fiery Dance
Quiver Dance

Naive Meloetta-A&P @ Normal Gem
56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Serene Grace
Psychic
Acrobatics
Relic Song
Close Combat

Well, after a many an hour of investment, I finally have, what I would like to think of as a "decent" competitive team... I only recently looked into the mechanics behind EV's, and this is my first team making use of them. I was hoping that some of my battle-seasoned sempai's could give me some constructive criticism ^^'

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
While Dusknoir has high defenses and a good offensive move pool, Dusclops outclasses it defensively due to Eviolite and Gengar outclasses it offensively. I'd use Gengar if I were you:
-Substitute
-Disable/Pain Split/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power (Fire)
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Black Sludge/Life Orb

Or
-Protect
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Fire)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Gliscor's current set is better off using a defensive spread to take advantage of Gliscor's high Defense: Impish with 248 HP/24 Def/236 Spe

Darkrai is an Über Pokemon so it can't be used in OU teams. IMO, Ferrothorn would be useful for hazard support:
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

While Meloetta is rather unpredictable because of Relic Song, it makes half your team weak to Darks and Ghosts. Infernape has its own degree of unpredictability:
-Overheat/Fire Blast
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot/U-turn
-Stone Edge/ Mach Punch
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Fomalhaut

Formal Hunt
Years
Thank you, Platinum Dude. I'll look into that Gengar right away. As for Darkrai, are you refering to Smogon's Tier's? If I want to battle here, do I have to abide by those as well? ... And, assuming so, can Ferrothorn not learn Spikes AND Stealth Rock?

As for Meloetta... Well, I have to have at least one of my favorite Pokemon on my actual team ^^'

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Yes, yes I was referring to Smogon's tiers. It might be a better idea to abide by Smogon's tiers just in case your opponent does too.

Also, if you do want to keep Meloetta, Gem + Acrobatics is done better by Archeops and Drifblim. It needs more coverage than just Acrobatics:
-Relic Song
-Close Combat
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic/Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 56 Atk/252 SAtk/200 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It's better to use 1 hazard because Ferrothorn lacks recovery outside of Leech Seed, Leftovers and Rest.

Back