• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Tree

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
Anyone been battling at the Battle Tree? I'm trying to get all the power items and I'm having great time.

My team right now (the items kinda skink, I don't have much BP to get some goodies):

Blaziken- (Charcoal :( )Speed Boost, Adamant, 252 ATT, 252 SPE
Flare Blitz
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Protect

Salamence- (Expert Belt) Intimidate, Adamant, 252 ATT, 252 SPE
Dragon Claw
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

Serperior- (Leftovers) Contrary, Timid, 252 SPA, 252 SPE
Giga Drain
Dragon Pulse
Leaf Storm
Taunt

I lead with Blaziken. Protect right off the bat. Depending on who they hve, I'll baton pass to one of the other two.

I had Greninja with a life orb, Kangaskahn with Kangaskahnite and either Gliscor or Dragonite in X and Y. Who do you use and how far can you get?

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2020
I've enjoyed Battle Tree. I find that you need to adjust your style slightly as only 3 pokemon means you spam attacks more and need wider coverage. I was using Greninja but it was pretty useless as couldn't take hits very well.

Currently using:

Crobat - Inner Focus - Sharp Beak
Taunt
U-Turn
Roost
Brave Bird

Mega Tyranitar - Sand Stream
Crunch
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Pursuit

Starmie - Natural Cure - Choice Specs
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Scald
Psychic

I've generally gotten to 20 battles, but twice had awful luck against the special opponent such as multiple misses or other hax. I'm pretty pleased with my team based on what I have trained up so far.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Lmao you can't even use Necrozma in the battle tree.
Just went and checked this, but you can indeed use Necrozma in the Battle Tree in US/UM--it just let me bring in my Dusk Mane Necrozma.

For whatever reason, there's less restrictions this time in the Battle Tree. There's no level changing either (said DMN is level 65 rn normally and it it's still level 65 in the battles, and the opposing pokes are both level 50). Think it said that there's no banned items or something either.

But I imagine that the usual restrictions apply in the Super versions of the Tree formats, though I can't confirm atm since I haven't gotten around to doing much with the Battle Tree yet.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Yes you can. In USUM you can use necrozma and the others. It is on the internet.

Just went and checked this, but you can indeed use Necrozma in the Battle Tree in US/UM--it just let me bring in my Dusk Mane Necrozma.

For whatever reason, there's less restrictions this time in the Battle Tree. There's no level changing either (said DMN is level 65 rn normally and it it's still level 65 in the battles, and the opposing pokes are both level 50). Think it said that there's no banned items or something either.

But I imagine that the usual restrictions apply in the Super versions of the Tree formats, though I can't confirm atm since I haven't gotten around to doing much with the Battle Tree yet.

Wow. Then i'm sorry to you Alexander.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I have only played through the Battle Tree once and that was with my in-game team in the Normal singles.

My team was Lilligant, Decidueye and Tsareena. The fact you can enter the Normal without your levels being lowered meant I had few issues but was indebted to Dream Eater to get past Red's Charizard and pick up the Kanto Starter Mega Stones. It's nice that I could get some of my in-game team a Battle Tree Ribbon. :)

Super mode all Pokemon are level 50 though so I plan to send in my Shiny Gardevoir, Competitive Lilligant and Vaporeon from Sun among others.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Oh yeah, I'm having plenty of success with this team, and it got me to around 64 before I got sweeped by a Mega Alakazam which snowballed Speed Boosts:

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- High Jump Kick

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
So yesterday I got a 50 win streak in Super Singles, beat Red. Did it with this team:

mimikyu.gif

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Shadow Sneak
-Play Rough
-Shadow Claw
-Swords Dance

lopunny-mega.gif

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm--->Scrappy
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Fake Out
-Return
-High Jump Kick
-Ice Punch

rotom-heat.gif

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
-EVs: 180 HP / 4 Def / 188 SpA / 132 Spe
-Overheat
-Thunderbolt
-Will-o-wisp
-Protect

Though I don't really understand why it worked

Battle video vs Red: 9GFW-WWWW-WWWC-LHB7

Thought for a bit there I might lose because of that Play Rough miss+me making a poor choice when he brought Zard out. Thought that High Jump Kick might try to screw me over too.
There were also a couple of really close calls on the way up, one due to hax, the other due to a Mega Swampert.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
I know if you beat Red in 20 consecutive single battles you get the 1st Gen starters Mega Stones. If you beat Blue after 20 double battles will he give you anything? I ask only because I'm awful at double battles.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I know if you beat Red in 20 consecutive single battles you get the 1st Gen starters Mega Stones. If you beat Blue after 20 double battles will he give you anything? I ask only because I'm awful at double battles.
nah, you don't get anything extra special for beating Blue in normal Doubles

User19sq

I just beat Red and Green in all three Super Battles... What should I do now? ._.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 14, 2018
Well, this is a set that I thought would be kind of fun to use and it has actually worked!

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant nature
EV's: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 6 (somewhere in Hp, SpD, or Def)
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Protect

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: (I haven't EV trained this one but I feel 252 Atk and 252 SpD, HP, or if you feel like it, Spe)
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Play Rough
- Stealth Rock / Swords dance (I think swords dance is better but mega Mawile has a crazy attack power already)

Garchomp @ Leftovers / Life orb (I like leftovers better because it allows Garchomp to live longer)
Ability: Rough Skin
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Stone Edge (to cover Togekiss and Skarmory)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

So basically lead with Ninjask get a swords dance up and some speed boosts and then baton pass into Maile or Garchomp to sweep.

Little more in depth: so, I have looked at the stats and have found that the only thing that can outspeed a perfect speed iv 252 ev Ninjask with a nature that doesn't affect speed (like adamant) is a perfect iv 252 ev timid Accelgor (by like 3 points) or a Pheromosa (with the same investments in speed). Because you won't be seeing Pheromona in the battle tree, the only thing you would need to worry about is an Accelogor. So, that is why protect os on the Ninjask. It allows you to bye time for the speed boost to kick in at which point Ninjask is the fastest pokemon in the battle tree.

most of the time what you want to do is lead with Ninjask and go: Protect, Swords Dance, Protect, and then baton pass into whichever pokemon you think will do the best. Garchomp will deal with fire type weakness the other two have and Mawile can protect against ice type moves and fairy type pokemon.

The worst lead the opponent can have is a pokemon that has the sand stream ability, or that can inflict status conditions on Ninjask. The best way to deal with this is to switch out Ninjask before it takes any damage (because you may be able to use him later on in the fight). Even if it did get damaged by a weather effect, he can be an amazing switch in if the opponent is going to use a ground type move (like on Mawile) which can allow you to try and set up again.

This is a set that is a little tough to pull off, but when you do it feels awesome!

User19sq

You keep trying for the Lansat and Starf Berries, of course. And after that...try and get as a high a score as possible while racking up the BP.

This is the part where I tell you I wish I had a camera, because simply telling you what my high score was would cause you to believe I'm a fucking liar. XDDDDDD

Spoiler:

Back