• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prose

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Prose. Our way with words. It conveys our meaning and is capable of adding so much nuance to our stories. It's what can separate an okay story from an amazing one. How much attention do you pay to your prose? Do you try to construct beautiful sentences, or do you prefer to write voiceless?

Years
This is one of those things that I do better when I don't think about it. I try to avoid repeating the same words, phrases etc too close together but other than that I do better getting the kind of tone I want when I just write the words as they come to me, otherwise what I write comes off as robotic and like I'm trying too hard.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I try to write in ways that fit the setting and mood of the story. If something is conveyed better or gives a better impact through simpler means then I'll try to be more straightforward with it rather than trying to explain things in a more beautiful and roundabout way.

Bay

Years
For the most part I focus most on making the prose as clear as possible and then I go back to make the sentences more pretty, if possible, later. Like the others mentioned I do focus on certain word choice play around with sentence structure for mood/tone and , but otherwise I'm not concern about beautiful sentences until later.

Vragon

It try to avoid repetition as well. Course something I also like to do is separate the dialogue with a clause island that can indicate certain things happening as the speaker talks. I also like using the adverb comma starter of a sentence and overall linking clauses together.

Back