• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2009
I have a question in reference to Darthatron's Attack Type Editor. When I load up a freshly downloaded FR rom into it, it shows me weakness and strenght that aren't on any type chart (Rock, Bug, and Steel being SE against Steel, Ghost being NVE against Normal when it should miss). I was wondering if that's normal for this program to be showing things like that. If not then can someone explain to me why it has slightly incorrect infomation? I would I would have fix this via a Hex editor (Hex Editor Neo), but I don't know how to get towards the rom's address or repoint anything.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
how can i extract/replace the pokemon graphics? i cant seem to find any guides for 1st generation pokemon games.
Images can be extracted with rbgfx.c, but there is no tool available to compress new images. Pokémon Brown gets around this by using assembly to bypass the decompression routine in the ROM, making it load uncompressed images instead.
can i change the internal name of the rom?
Go to offset 0x000134 in a hex editor, with no table file since the title is in ASCII. See also the pandocs' explanation of ROM headers.
which bank/block in poketext is the text for the title screen under?
The "text" in the title screen is stored as images, not text. I do not know where it's located—try checking Datacrystal.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Listen to this
I Saved The Professor Brich Intro As BG In Palette Viewer
Then I Imported it in APE
After that I Changed the Palettes
And When I Close APE there is nothing new
can you help
You have to hit Replace, sorry for not saying that earlier:P

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
XSE/UNLZ.GBA

XSE:How do imake a script on FR where a person will say something and then give me a pokemon and depending on whether my party is full or not say different things.

Something like this:
Here have this pokemon.
if the party is full:sorry youre party is full
if there is room in the party:ok you can have the pokemon.,received pokemon from person

Also how do i make an event in front of a door so that you cant access the room until after you beat the elite four and have it say something like "Dont go in there, youre nowhere near strong enough to handle whats in that room."

UNLZ.GBA:whenever I try to edit a sprite in paint(normal paint that comes in every single PC) the colors never come out right, like when i try to use green it comes out brown. Is there a way to fix this or a program that doesnt have this problem with sprite editing?
Will paintshop help me with this

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years

UNLZ.GBA:
whenever I try to edit a sprite in paint(normal paint that comes in every single PC) the colors never come out right, like when i try to use green it comes out brown. Is there a way to fix this or a program that doesnt have this problem with sprite editing?

This is because the picture is in a pallete. Go to edit - select all - copy. Then go to file - new. The go to edit - paste. The colors should then work.

Robert Conley

Years
This is because the picture is in a pallete. Go to edit - select all - copy. Then go to file - new. The go to edit - paste. The colors should then work.

okay I did what you said and the colors worked fine but then when i try to put the new image into my rom it says the image is not indexed. How do I fix this? Preferably without having to get another program a program.

Never mind something I already have for my psp theme pics does it.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
XSE:How do imake a script on FR where a person will say something and then give me a pokemon and depending on whether my party is full or not say different things.

Something like this:
Here have this pokemon.
if the party is full:sorry youre party is full
if there is room in the party:ok you can have the pokemon.,received pokemon from person

Also how do i make an event in front of a door so that you cant access the room until after you beat the elite four and have it say something like "Dont go in there, youre nowhere near strong enough to handle whats in that room."

UNLZ.GBA:whenever I try to edit a sprite in paint(normal paint that comes in every single PC) the colors never come out right, like when i try to use green it comes out brown. Is there a way to fix this or a program that doesnt have this problem with sprite editing?
1.I don't know the exact commands but ift goes someting like this.

#org 0xoffset
lock
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x6
if 0x0 goto 0x8offset1
msgbox @01
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0xoffset1
msgbox @02
callstd 0x6
givepokemon 0x(pokemon) 0x(level) 0x(Item) 0x0 0x0 0x0
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org @01
=sorry you're party is full...

org# @02
=ok you can have the pokemon.,received pokemon from person

2. put setflag 0xoffset at the end of the elite four script. Then put a script outside the door and say
#org 0xoffset
lock
checkflag 0xoffset(same offset as at the end of the elite four script)
if 0x0 goto @no
release
end

org# @no
msgbox @talk
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @move
pause 0x10
release
end

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org @move
#raw 4 'Step Down (Slow)
#raw FE 'End of Movements

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org @talk
= don't go!

somethings may be wronge with the movements and I may have made a typo in either of these scripts.

3. the picture has a pallette of 16 colors. paint is trying to get the color that you picked to be one of turned into one of the color in the pallette.

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Can someone please answer my question. Iv'e searched and coulndnt find an answer.
I'n ruby I need to change the poocheyena you fight after you get your first pokemon to a pidgey. I think that the way to edit it is with a hex editor but I could be wrong and I don't know the offset. So my question...

How do I change it so that you battle a pidgey and not a poocheyena?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Can someone please answer my question. Iv'e searched and coulndnt find an answer.
I'n ruby I need to change the poocheyena you fight after you get your first pokemon to a pidgey. I think that the way to edit it is with a hex editor but I could be wrong and I don't know the offset. So my question...

The Poocheyena is actually triggered via wildpokemon script... just open the script with XSE and edit the pokemon # shown in the wildpokemon...
Or make a new script... that would work too...

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
The Poocheyena is actually triggered via wildpokemon script... just open the script with XSE and edit the pokemon # shown in the wildpokemon...
You might have to edit the Poocheyena in an overworld as well so that it actually looks like a pidgey both in battle and outside of it.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years

You might have to edit the Poocheyena in an overworld as well so that it actually looks like a pidgey both in battle and outside of it.

Actually I looked at the script and it's not a wildbattle. It's a special cause the battle comes right after you pick your pokemon and stuff. Thats why I'm asking the question. I already made the overworlds.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Actually I looked at the script and it's not a wildbattle. It's a special cause the battle comes right after you pick your pokemon and stuff. Thats why I'm asking the question. I already made the overworlds.

Well, you might have to go ahead and do it the old fashoned way, and look in hte ROM with a hex editor and do some testing...
(Search for Poocheyena's hex # in your ROM, and edit it whenever you find it. Then test it out and see what happens. (If you find the offset, I'll make a tool for you if you want, so you wont have to do it lie that again.))

Robert Conley

Years
How do I delete maps and map banks in advance_map ver.1.92?

also where can I get a good IRFANVIEW(for sprite indexing)? every time i find it i try to activate the setup and get a message saying it cant be used.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
E71D10. That is the location for type pictures in Sapphire.

Who asked this? I did. In my head, just then. Let me never forget this address...

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
E71D10. That is the location for type pictures in Sapphire.

Who asked this? I did. In my head, just then. Let me never forget this address...
Its a good thing that you found this!! It may aid future hackers to find the offsets so that the may hack the R/S/E games.

I have one question: Would you suggest hacking a Metal generation game, like Gold, or would that be more advanced, as their are less tools to do so?

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
I have a weird mapping problem. It looks like a typical border block problem, except it's only on the top side of my map, and in any case I've made my border block tiles solid black, so this shouldn't be happening. Any idea what's going on here?

(I took a screenshot, so please ignore the bits of other files outside of the edge of the emulator screen)

dm8qon.png

On the right, the map ends a half tile out from the white line. It ends on the top exactly at the white line. It's behaving like it should on the right, but not on the top. Any idea why?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I have a weird mapping problem. It looks like a typical border block problem, except it's only on the top side of my map, and in any case I've made my border block tiles solid black, so this shouldn't be happening. Any idea what's going on here?

(I took a screenshot, so please ignore the bits of other files outside of the edge of the emulator screen)

dm8qon.png

On the right, the map ends a half tile out from the white line. It ends on the top exactly at the white line. It's behaving like it should on the right, but not on the top. Any idea why?

Last I checked this was an unavoidable problem...
What you want to do is add a bunch of black blocks below the map, then use grosser block to 'copy paste' the map a few blocks down. (Look at the maps in Shiny gold, such as a route transfer house. (Those rooms with the gate man, and sometimes a few people, like at the top and bottoms of Viridian forest.))

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Its a good thing that you found this!! It may aid future hackers to find the offsets so that the may hack the R/S/E games.

I have one question: Would you suggest hacking a Metal generation game, like Gold, or would that be more advanced, as their are less tools to do so?

I'd suggest it. It's harder to hack GS, but with that hardness comes a "wow, what an awesome hacker!" edge. As it stands, I'm so close to moving to GS, if only I could find a command list for PKSV...

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Don't know if the kind of question goes here, if not, then sorry.

I have made this map, ben when i move down, the arrow appears, and oddly enough its the same movement permission tile used as the Sevault Canyon in FR/LF (this is a LG hack):
questionyd5.png

What do I do to get rid of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back