• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Hey, did you increase the Shiny encounter rate or something? I've encountered two shiny's in a Nuzlock I'm doing of this game and I haven't even got my 4th badge, or maybe I've just had godlike luck this run so far :P Found a Rattata which made me sad since I enountered it before I had Pokéballs :tired: Second was a Mankey in Rock Tunnel just as my repel ran out :D

Good simple hack, not too much changed just nice quality of life changes, I approve!

I used the shinyizer... there are special shiny tiles, when you setp on them, the next poke you find will be shiny...

not every route has one of these tiles but there are several throughout the land...

in rock tunnel they actaully cross the path so you MUST find one in or shortly after rock tunnel (most of the other tiles are out of the way)

if you can find one of these tiles you could hop on it then fly to an area with a pokemon you want to be shiny... and you could pretty much catch the entire dex shiny if you utilized repels and shinyizer tiles....

I am making a players guide for this game that will detail shinyizer locations (aswell as other goodies)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I used the shinyizer... there are special shiny tiles, when you setp on them, the next poke you find will be shiny...

not every route has one of these tiles but there are several throughout the land...

in rock tunnel they actaully cross the path so you MUST find one in or shortly after rock tunnel (most of the other tiles are out of the way)

if you can find one of these tiles you could hop on it then fly to an area with a pokemon you want to be shiny... and you could pretty much catch the entire dex shiny if you utilized repels and shinyizer tiles....

I am making a players guide for this game that will detail shinyizer locations (aswell as other goodies)

I remember so long ago telling you how to do that:p. I actually just thought of a new way: a map script. Basically, it loads two random numbers upon entering a map, one in 0x800D and one in 0x8005. If these numbers match, we make the next Pokemon shiny. You could decrease the shiny rate even more by having more checks. Just a thought that I wanted to document before I forgot it.:D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I remember so long ago telling you how to do that:p. I actually just thought of a new way: a map script. Basically, it loads two random numbers upon entering a map, one in 0x800D and one in 0x8005. If these numbers match, we make the next Pokemon shiny. You could decrease the shiny rate even more by having more checks. Just a thought that I wanted to document before I forgot it.:D

I actually used a map script for an event... it just made the 3rd poke on the map shiny...

it worked perfectly... except that it was on my "catch your starter map" and aparently if you catch a shiny starter... it turns into a bad egg... so I had to remove it...

karatekid552

Years
I actually used a map script for an event... it just made the 3rd poke on the map shiny...

it worked perfectly... except that it was on my "catch your starter map" and aparently if you catch a shiny starter... it turns into a bad egg... so I had to remove it...

What...? I've gotten shiny starters before. That is weird....

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
What...? I've gotten shiny starters before. That is weird....

ive read similar problems were had by gamshark users who tried to shiny their starter... but I have yet to find a solution... meh... I would like to implement it.. but if not, no big deal

I did it to keep people from hunting 1 specific pokemon... cause they are not likely to pass up a shiny even if its not the starter they wanted... but if they just catch the first thing they see they wont get to the shiny ;)

karatekid552

Years
ive read similar problems were had by gamshark users who tried to shiny their starter... but I have yet to find a solution... meh... I would like to implement it.. but if not, no big deal

I did it to keep people from hunting 1 specific pokemon... cause they are not likely to pass up a shiny even if its not the starter they wanted... but if they just catch the first thing they see they wont get to the shiny ;)

Yeah, I just caught a shiny Machop and it turned into a bad egg. Maybe it is something to do with it being your first pokemon, and the game does shinies differently for starters. I know that people get shiny starters in normal game play, so there must be a difference.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Yeah, I just caught a shiny Machop and it turned into a bad egg. Maybe it is something to do with it being your first pokemon, and the game does shinies differently for starters. I know that people get shiny starters in normal game play, so there must be a difference.

yeah there has to be some sort of check the starters do that the shinyizer does not account for...

karatekid552

Years
yeah there has to be some sort of check the starters do that the shinyizer does not account for...

Is the NES supposed to tell me it is too dangerous to go alone and then pretend to give me somethin?

Edit: Also, I'm not seeing this Pokédex glitch. I don't have the Pokédex right before I talk to Oak about it, and I have it after. I thought you said you pulled a fast one with some vars somewhere.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Is the NES supposed to tell me it is too dangerous to go alone and then pretend to give me somethin?

Edit: Also, I'm not seeing this Pokédex glitch. I don't have the Pokédex right before I talk to Oak about it, and I have it after. I thought you said you pulled a fast one with some vars somewhere.

lol thats the opening line to the first zelda game... (as in thats the one the character has in his NES) the the character decides not to start a new game in zelda... probably cause you just started pokemon...

Idk which version you are playing, but I did fix the pokedex issue...

In the end I will be releasing the 1.21 version... because there are a few major glitches later in the game (found by a beta tester friend of mine)

somehow the script for the statues in the pokemon mansion got totally wiped out... so you were stuck there... (i fixed it for 1.21) and the fossil script for the dome fossil was the same as the helix fossil... since the revival scientist guy works on flags not "checkitem" he did not see the dome fossil... so I fixed that too... (in 1.21)

Im going to finish playing through and making the players guide and hopefully that will be the end of the glitches and 1.21 will be glitch free ;)

the only issue I cant seem to fix now is the dern sethealplace... it seems to work for everywhere BUT the new island (yes i extended the table (all of em) and the limiter bytes) so... ill have to figure that out... or remove it and ull just be warped to viridian if you die on 4-points isle

karatekid552

Years
lol thats the opening line to the first zelda game... (as in thats the one the character has in his NES) the the character decides not to start a new game in zelda... probably cause you just started pokemon...

Idk which version you are playing, but I did fix the pokedex issue...

In the end I will be releasing the 1.21 version... because there are a few major glitches later in the game (found by a beta tester friend of mine)

somehow the script for the statues in the pokemon mansion got totally wiped out... so you were stuck there... (i fixed it for 1.21) and the fossil script for the dome fossil was the same as the helix fossil... since the revival scientist guy works on flags not "checkitem" he did not see the dome fossil... so I fixed that too... (in 1.21)

Im going to finish playing through and making the players guide and hopefully that will be the end of the glitches and 1.21 will be glitch free ;)

the only issue I cant seem to fix now is the dern sethealplace... it seems to work for everywhere BUT the new island (yes i extended the table (all of em) and the limiter bytes) so... ill have to figure that out... or remove it and ull just be warped to viridian if you die on 4-points isle

Sounds good. I'm playing the most recent ips you sent me. I can't believe I didn't catch that line *facepalm*.:p

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Years
I caught a shiny Pineco as my first Pokemon and when I battled my rival at the lab it turned into a Bad Egg O-o TT_TT

WHY?!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
for soem reason the shinyizer wont work for shiny starters... so ive removed that for the 1.21 release... but till im done with 1.21 just dont catch a shiny starter... :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Also, the scientists on Cinnabar would not take both fossils.

Thank you... this has been fixed for the 1.21 release :) (simple problem = simple solution)

I have nearly completed all the bug fixes that have been reported (and several I have found that were not reported) hopefully we can get it bug free soon

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 18, 2024
I have played through and enjoyed this hack, but I found something odd: why is Celebi not found as an event in, say, Pattern Bush? It's not like it doesn't have an overworld sprite, as TCRF proves, and it would certainly make more sense than its current location, as it is the guardian of the forests.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
awesome idea... ill write up a script real quick ;)

ok... Celebi is not in Berry forest (near lostelle) but you wont be able to get him till after you beat the elite four (and after I release the 1.21 update)...

you may be able to see him if you are careful

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Quick question: where are Lati@s?

ok... beat the elite four... head back to 4-points isle... go into the haunted forest (not the haunted part tho) and go in the lil building in the north west corner...

that is an underground path that takes you to the guardian meadow...

follow the linear path to latias... if you catch latias, as you leave latios will fly in and try to beat you... you MUST CATCH latias or latios wont bother attacking you (he will be off helping his sister recover)

good luck ;)

karatekid552

Years
ok... beat the elite four... head back to 4-points isle... go into the haunted forest (not the haunted part tho) and go in the lil building in the north west corner...

that is an underground path that takes you to the guardian meadow...

follow the linear path to latias... if you catch latias, as you leave latios will fly in and try to beat you... you MUST CATCH latias or latios wont bother attacking you (he will be off helping his sister recover)

good luck ;)

"Sister" ohhhhh, I finally get it:p that is why they can't breed. Damn, why didn't I think of that earlier. I spent soooo long in my childhood trying to breed a baby lati@s, haha.

Anyways, it is looking sharp. I played through some more, and it definitely looks pretty cool!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
"Sister" ohhhhh, I finally get it:p that is why they can't breed. Damn, why didn't I think of that earlier. I spent soooo long in my childhood trying to breed a baby lati@s, haha.

Anyways, it is looking sharp. I played through some more, and it definitely looks pretty cool!

hahahahaha well I only know that cause I have seen the movie they are in ;)

in which it only mentions they have the same dad... (a latios) so im assuming the mom was a latias... and since they are the only 2... hrmm...

the 1.21 is coming along aswell... glitch after glitch after glitch keep disappearing :)

I have a slew of people on vizzed.com playing it and reporting glitches to me, its very helpful because of how slowly I am playing (while I make the players guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back