• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Could you explain on this then, because when I do that then try to click Load under Load Rom it just says Rom Loaded yet I didn't choose anything? Does the rom need to be in the same folder?

I never get that issue... Try with a different ROM type. And it does not need to be in the tool's folder.

Le pug

Years
I never get that issue... Try with a different ROM type. And it does not need to be in the tool's folder.

That's the thing... I can't try it with any rom type because as soon as i click Load, it just says Rom Loaded

when i try to add my own and click edit just to see if rom was loaded anyways which there is no way possible.... i get an error message 75 saying Path/File access error.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
That's the thing... I can't try it with any rom type because as soon as i click Load, it just says Rom Loaded

when i try to add my own and click edit just to see if rom was loaded anyways which there is no way possible.... i get an error message 75 saying Path/File access error.

Maybe you have the wrong framework? Download 4.0 and see if it works.

Le pug

Years
Maybe you have the wrong framework? Download 4.0 and see if it works.

if you're talking about microsoft .net framework 4.. i already have it on my windows 8 laptop which im using and it's still not working. every other program i have works perfectly except this one

have you heard of this: Multichoice Advance? trying to see if there is a beta link anywhere cus the person on youtube is using a ruby rom but idk

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Hi there! I was Wondering on How do you make your Character Good or Bad? (Like for Instance, Shadow the Hedgehogs Good and Bad Engine)

I know gogojjtech answered this question but I would like to do a more indepth way of answering this question. Mostly because I was thinking about basing a ROM on this exact idea.

Yes he is right, use a few variables or flags, but this is how I would do it.

I would from the start of the game make the flags be set (so it would be setflag 0x1 for good and setflag 0x2 for bad, just as an example)

I would then start every script like this

#org @main
lock
checkflag 0x1
if 0x1 goto @good
checkflag 0x2
if 0x1 goto @bad

And just make my scripts like that. But hey it's your call, do it however you would like.

GoGoJJTech

Years
I know gogojjtech answered this question but I would like to do a more indepth way of answering this question. Mostly because I was thinking about basing a ROM on this exact idea.

Yes he is right, use a few variables or flags, but this is how I would do it.

I would from the start of the game make the flags be set (so it would be setflag 0x1 for good and setflag 0x2 for bad, just as an example)

I would then start every script like this

#org @main
lock
checkflag 0x1
if 0x1 goto @good
checkflag 0x2
if 0x1 goto @bad

And just make my scripts like that. But hey it's your call, do it however you would like.

Two things:
1. Flags 1 and 2 are NOWHERE near safe. Refer to Karatekid's tutorial on vars and flags.
2. If you use a var, use 0 and 1, not 1 and 2. You can save space in the var if you use the first two numbers.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I'm trying to add day and night lights based on a setmaptile command, but when ever I step off the map the tiles reset until I walk back in.

I know this is because of the loading of the tiles but is there a way to stop it, or just use tiles that are not visible when you enter a map?

Charles Dupiau

ROM HACKER
Years
I have problems with the connections on advance map. I made a bigger Lavaridge Town in height and width and I arranged its connection with Route 112 on BOTH maps but when I try out the city on VisualBoyAdvance, Lavaridge Town is connected to its border block and I can't fix it! I need help!

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I have problems with the connections on advance map. I made a bigger Lavaridge Town in height and width and I arranged its connection with Route 112 on BOTH maps but when I try out the city on VisualBoyAdvance, Lavaridge Town is connected to its border block and I can't fix it! I need help!

Sounds like if you just expanded the height and width without repointing the map then you have overwritten some other maps data, so this could be your problem. Try reinserting into free space and making sure both maps have the same connection.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2018
gogojjtech found out a way to fix my problem :), didnt even need vars

anyhu, does anyone know a flag for when the player has beaten the league at least twice??

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
When I press Start, the text box in the bottom is glitched up and I have no idea how to find the image at all! Any tips?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

Delete all map connections for both maps and try again, sometimes A-Map just needs a reboot with map connections.

When I press Start, the text box in the bottom is glitched up and I have no idea how to find the image at all! Any tips?

Repoint the text. Search it in a clean rom, then find the pointer, then insert the text into the broken rom and change the pointer to match the new location.

Two things:
1. Flags 1 and 2 are NOWHERE near safe. Refer to Karatekid's tutorial on vars and flags.
2. If you use a var, use 0 and 1, not 1 and 2. You can save space in the var if you use the first two numbers.

If you read, this was just a quick example to show how it works. Granted, the flags aren't safe, but it was simply a basic example of how it worked, and not something to be used in game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Two things:

Yeah I know those flags are not safe, i just wanted to give a simple example.
I too would have used variables because you could keep the variable at 0x8 and when they do something good add 1 to that variable or if they do something bad minus 1 to that variable, to make it more 'make your own choices'.

gogojjtech found out a way to fix my problem
1.%20smile.gif
, didnt even need vars

anyhu, does anyone know a flag for when the player has beaten the league at least twice??

Personally this is what I would do.

As an example let's say the variable 4000 is set to 0x1 after beating your rival (the last elite 4 or whatever)
At the end of the battle the second time, I would have something like

compare 0x4000 0x1
if 0x1 goto @main2

#org @main
setvar 0x4000 0x2

That way when 4000 0x2 is set, that will show you have beaten the leauge twice.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Repoint the text. Search it in a clean rom, then find the pointer, then insert the text into the broken rom and change the pointer to match the new location

Sorry it isn't a text, the background of the text is glitched. All my backups even have this so I don't remember how it could have stuffed. This is the error:

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Sorry for Asking Questions but this one is one i Really don't know how to do: How do i set a Difficulty?(Like Hard Mode,Easy Mode)

At the start of the game you can make ask the player what mode he wants to play on, and depending on what he picks, you can set a variable.

Let's use 0x4000 as our example variable. So for easy variable 4000 would be set to 0x1, for medium 4000 would be set to 0x2 and for hard 4000 would be set to 0x3.

So every script in your game would start off like this.

compare 0x4000 0x1
if 0x1 goto @easy
compare 0x4000 0x2
if 0x1 goto @medium
compare 0x4000 0x3
if 0x1 goto @hard

And from there you can change what you are going to make the player do depending on what they picked at the start of the ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back