• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen May CoroCoro! Four New Pokémon Revealed!!

Which Pokemon do you like the best?

• Elikiteru

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Gogoat

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Yayakoma

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • Yamchan

Votes: 48 39.3%

• Total voters

Guy

just a guy
Years
May's issue of CoroCoro certainly didn't hold back. It revealed FOUR new Pokémon amongst other things. What do you guys think of the new Pokémon? Which one is your favorite? Discuss! Discuss! Discuss! If you'd like to discuss the other items in this month's CoroCoro, then check out the links below.

Per Serebii:

- Gogoat (Far Right), the Riding Pokémon. It is a Grass type, and if you look at the image on the lower right it appears as though you can ride it!! It also knows the move Horn Leech.
- Elikiteru (Bottom) is apparently an Electric/Normal type and is considered the Generation Pokémon. It knows the move Parabora Charge which heals the user while it damages opponent(s). It is said to use solar rays to generate electricity.
- Yayakoma (Far Left) is the Japanese Robin Pokémon and looks to be the region's Normal/Flying type. It can use the move Flame Charge.
- Yancham (THE PANDA!!!) is known as the Naughty Pokémon. It's a Fighting type and knows the move Parting (Sharp?) Remark.

Gogoat (goat), Fletchling (bird), Helioptile (lizard), and Panchum (panda) all confirmed as the English names.

OTHER RELATED THREADS:
- "The Protagonists"
- "Player Customization"
- "A New Land, the Karos Region"
- "Region Name Speculation v.2"
- "The New PokéDex"
- "brb riding my torchic."
- "BOX ART!"
- "Up, Down, Left, Right... Diagonal!?"
- "X/Y General Chat and Speculation"

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
anyone else notice that the trainer ride on the goat?!
rideable pokemons!!!! now i really hope it will be truth :D

the goat pokemon look cool, the other pokemon i will judge when i will see evolution(but got to mention that this lizard pokemon pretty weird)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I posted this in the general chat/speculation thread, so i'll just paste it here:

So according to Serebii, here it goes: the Goat's name is Gogoat and he is a grass type. He definitely looks incredibly cool, and it seems you can ride it?? amazing!!
The Lizard seems to be an electric type. Looks kinda weird, but cute.
The Panda is called Yanchamu and is supposed to be a fighting type.
The Bird is based on a Japanese Robin and is called Yayakoma.

Also, most of these pokemon supposedly have new Gen6 moves!!

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
What is the bird-looking Pokemon in the battle screen-shot between the new bird Pokemon and Froakie?

+ Top-right, what's that Pokedex-looking thing?

Years
I always wanted to be able to ride pokémon, it's a thing that we've seen in the anime since gen I, and I always thought "why can't we do this in the game?", and finally it could become true *_*.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
What is the bird-looking Pokemon in the battle screen-shot between the new bird Pokemon and Froakie?

Seems to be the yellow lizard thingy with his giant ears?
I thought it was the pokedex too!

Years
The first details of CoroCoro appears to have come out. Though currently unconfirmed, it looks too legit to be fake. We're currently investigating and translating so keep checking. With special thanks to my friend Gin for translation. First, the Pokémon on the far right is called Gogoat (ゴーゴート literally Gohgohto) and is the Riding Pokémon. It's Grass-type, 1.7m and 91.0kg. You can actually ride this Pokémon in the field. It can learn Horn Leech
The lizard appears to be an Electric type, possibly Normal as well, but the name is currently unviewable due to overexposure. It has a new move called BaraboraCharge
The bird is called Yayakoma (ヤヤコマ) and is the Japanese Robin Pokémon. It is Normal/Flying, 0.3m and 1.7kg
The panda is called Yanchamu ( ヤンチャム) and is the Naughty Pokémon. It is Fighting-type, 0.6m and 8.0kg. It has a new move called Parting Remark
There appears to be more including the game's boxarts, and the Pokédex, as well as the region map but it's not completely visible. We'll bring more as it comes so be sure to keep checking

by serebii

i the panda has alot of potential as a fighting type, and i have a feeling the lizard also will be cool

Guy

just a guy
Years
I posted this in the general chat/speculation thread, so i'll just paste it here:

So according to Serebii, here it goes: the Goat's name is Gogoat and he is a grass type. He definitely looks incredibly cool, and it seems you can ride it?? amazing!!
The Lizard seems to be an electric type. Looks kinda weird, but cute.
The Panda is called Yanchamu and is supposed to be a fighting type.
The Bird is based on a Japanese Robin and is called Yayakoma.

Also, most of these pokemon supposedly have new Gen6 moves!!
Yup! Yup! Updated the first post with all of this. Waiting for confirmation before putting all of it in the News Summary sticky.

Looks like a small screenshot of the new bird Pokémon as you can see the orange head and what looks like its wings are open.

Years
The red thing with a screen in the middle really seems to be the new pokédex, if you look in the top-right corner there's an image that seems really like the "pokédex opening" animation.
I personally don't really like the design but I'm happy with the pokémon and the riding thing so it's not a problem.

Years
I like them!!! My least favorite is the Panda one. If we can actually ride Pokemon it will be pretty amazing!!!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Riding pokemon will be so amazingly incredibly great!!
I hope they'll include this for surfing, so that you can tell what Pokemon
you are actually surfing on, that'd be pretty awesome

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm a little more reserved on the idea of riding Pokémon. Not that I think it's a bad idea, but it's just that Gogoat is called the Riding Pokémon so there's always the chance that we may be only able to ride it and not other Pokémon.

Although, if I'm wrong, then this would totally make up for not having the follow-me feature.

Back