• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
My Team:

Pidgeotto (Bird Jesus) Lv35
Nidorino (Moon King) Lv28
Lapras (Air Jordan) Lv25

Just defeated Korrina and received the 3rd badge, I did a fair bit grinding before the battle to help Lapras and Nidorino catch up to Pidgeot a little
Team update:

Bird Jesus (Pidgeot) Lv40
Moon King (Nidorino) Lv36
Air Jordan (Lapras) Lv34

I plan to head back to reflection cave to look for a moon stone to evolve Nidorino once he reaches level 43

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Just defeated Ramos and obtained his badge, Omanyte hatched from it's egg and has the nickname "Lord Helix".

Team update:

Bird Jesus Lv42
Moon King Lv41
Air Jordan Lv41
Lord Helix Lv28

Update 18:42 GMT:

Bird Jesus Lv46
Moon King Lv46 (now a Nidoking after evolving at Lv43 so it could learn Poison Jab and Earth Power)
Air Jordan Lv45
Lord Helix Lv34

Deafted Clemont earlier and got the badge from him, heading to Laverre city where I hope to try and hatch the two Chikorita eggs I got from the daycare (the hatched Chikoritas will then be traded for other starters on the GTS)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I bred my first 6IV Pokemon today: a Cranidos. Yay! Now I'm trying to breed a 5 or 6IV Gible...

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I got my free downloadable Y version the other day. I chose Chespin; and caught a scatterbug and Espurr, brought my Zoroark from my white, an received a squirtle from professor Sycamore. Got 2 badges, and my current team is:

Quiladin (Knight) lvl 28
Wartortle (Jedi) lvl 27
Vivillon (Sierra) lvl 26
Meowstic female (Synce) lvl 28
Zoroark lvl 33

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
Currently doing a sort of dog theme challange on Y the team Im using is in the picture in my signature, Im also trying to breed for a shiny Furfrou

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
February 21, 2014

I woke up a little early so I had Magikarp, Burmy(2), Hoppip, Nincada, Meditite, and Helioptile sent to me to start of some weekend training.

That evening, my Hoppip evolved into a Skiploom!

131. Skiploom

Then I thought about my other Pokémon that may be close to evolving, and remembered something from my days in the Hoenn region. I returned to the Pokémon Center and left on of my Pokémon with Nurse Joy so I had a free space in my party. Then I went back out to train. After one battle, I had a double evolution. My Nincada evolved into a Ninjask, and my Burmy evolved into a Sandy Cloak Wormadam! And of course, I checked one of my Poké Balls, and it contained a Shedinja, the ghost-type remnant of Nincada's evolution!

"Ninjask, the Ninja Pokémon, and the evolved form of Nincada. Ninjask move so quickly that they are almost invisible. They congregate around tree sap. Their cry leaves a lasting headache if heard for too long."

"Shedinja, the Shed Pokémon. Shedinja are discarded bug shells that came to life. These peculiar Pokémon can appear in a Poké Ball when Nincada evolves. Peering into the crack on their backs is said to steal one's spirit."

132. Ninjask

133. Shedinja

The next battle after that, my Magikarp evolved into a much more powerful Gyarados!

"Gyarados, the Atrocious Pokémon, and the evolved form of Magikarp. Gyarados are rarely seen in the wild. Huge and violent, they are capable of destroying entire cities in a rage. In ancient literature, there is a record of a Gyarados that razed a village when violence flared."

134. Gyarados

February 22, 2014

I took my team of newly evolved Pokémon to the Battle Chateau. We battled lots of trainers there, and I was awarded a new title due to all the battles I've won. I now have the title of "Marquis" and can battle even stronger trainers that show up there.

I also learned the Hidden Power types for my Meditite and Sandy Cloak Wormadam. Meditite's Hidden Power is flying-type; Wormadam's is water-type, just like my Trash Cloak Wormadam, ironically.

One of the trainers I battled at the Battle Chateau had the largest Pokémon currently known. She had a Wailord! Good thing we were in a large hallway!

"Wailord, the Float Whale Pokémon. Wailord are the biggest of all Pokémon. They can dive to a depth of almost 10,000 feet on only one breath. They can sometimes knock out opponents with the shock created by breaching and crashing their large bodies onto the water."

After a lot more training at the Battle Chateau, I rotated in the next six Pokémon: Charmander, Ferroseed, Chespin, Mothim, Gulpin, and Litleo.

February 23, 2014

I did some battling at the Battle Chateau today. After a battle with my Chespin, it started to evolve! Who's that Pokémon? It kind of looks like a grass-type version of Pignite. It's still pure grass-type though, unlike Pignite which became part fighting-type.

"Quilladin, the Spiny Armor Pokémon, and the evolved form of Chespin. Quilladin strength their lower bodies by running into one another. They are very kind and won't start fights. They rely on their sturdy shells to deflect attacks, and then they counterattack with their sharp quills."

135. Quilladin

After that, I sent my Charmander out to have a battle against another trainer. It won the battle, and then evolved into Charmeleon!

"Charmeleon, the Flame Pokémon, and the evolved form of Charmander. Charmeleon elevate the air temperature to unbearably high levels when they swing their tails. They knock down foes by lashing about with this tail. They then tear up the fallen opponent with sharp claws."

136. Charmeleon

I battled a lot more at the Battle Chateau with the entire team, and then returned to Geosenge Town.

February 24, 2014

The next team of Furret, Bibarel, Taillow, Dwebble, Tyrunt, and Drifloon was sent to me in the evening after work.

February 26, 2014

I battled at the Battle Chateau, and eventually I ran into Viola, the Santalune City Gym Leader! Her Pokémon were much stronger than before, and her Surskit had evolved into a Masquerain. So I had my Cubone sent to me to battle her. It was a good opportunity to have my Cubone show off its recently learned Rock Tomb attack, which helped me win the battle with ease.

Back at Geosenge Town, I trained a bit more outside the town and then had Espurr(M), Floette, Venipede, Minun, Kirlia, and Absol sent to me.

March 1, 2014

During some training, my Venipede evolved into a Whirlipede!

"Whirlipede, the Curlipede Pokémon, and the evolved form of Venipede. Whirlipede are usually motionless, but when attacked, they rotate at high speed to fight back. Protected by a hard shell, they spin their bodies like a wheel and crash furiously into their enemies."

137. Whirlipede

March 9, 2014

Finally, after a busy few weeks I get to do some Pokémon training! I'm on vacation this week, so I hope to maybe reach the next city and earn my next gym badge before the week is over.

While I was training the team outside of Geosenge Town, my Espurr started to evolve! It doubled in size and looked like a dark blue cat standing on two legs. Who's that Pokémon?

"Meowstic, the Constraint Pokémon, and the evolved form of Espurr. Meowstic have eyeball patterns on the interior of their ears that emit psychic energy. They keep the patterns tightly covered because that power is too immense. When in danger, they can release enough psychic power to grind a 10-ton truck into dust."

138. Meowstic

I finished training the team, and then made a journey to Lumiose City. Professor Sycamore contacted me on the Holo Caster and said he had some important things to tell me.

March 10, 2014

When I arrived at Professor Sycamore introduced me to Brigette, a researcher in Pokémon transport and storage.

"You may have met my little sister Lanette who lives in the Hoenn region," she explained. "We've been studying the concepts that Bill from Kanto first developed and have been working for many, many years to come up with a way to transport Pokémon from far away regions. I'm happy to say that we've finally been successful!"

"Really?" I asked, astonished. "So I could have any of my Pokémon from other regions transported here to Kalos?"

"Absolutely!" Brigette answered. "And this little mythical Pokémon was discovered one day when we were testing the process for the first time!"

Brigette held out a Luxury Ball, and out of it appeared a Celebi!

"The time-travel Pokémon!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, and after talking to Professor Sycamore here, I've decided to leave its Luxury Ball with you." She handed it over to me.

"Thank you, Brigette," I said as I accepted the gift. "Man, I can't wait to see some of my old friends again! I have to contact Professor Birch in Hoenn, and Haley at the Pokémon Ranch, and…"

"There's no need to hurry," she assured me. "Just contact me when you're ready, and I'll fire up the Poké Transporter. I hear you have hundreds of Pokémon, so I imagine the process will take a while!"

Excited by the news, I left the lab, and stopped in Camphrier Town to visit Cubone and my other Kalos Pokémon. I took six more with me: Zigzagoon, Kecleon, Whismur, Beedrill, Aerodactyl, and Luvdisc.

On my way back to Geosenge Town, I decided to stop in the Battle Chateau since I was passing by. After one of my battles there, my Whismur evolved into a Loudred!

139. Loudred

March 11, 2014

Shortly after midnight, while I was training on Miroir Way, I came across a Starly horde. What's noticeable about this is that when I had my Zigzagoon use Sand Attack, it actually worked on one of the Starly. That means it didn't have its normal ability of Keen Eye, so it must have its hidden ability, Reckless! I decided to capture it after defeating the others.

After a good night sleep, I awoke to a beautiful sunny morning. I went back out to finish training my current team, and my Zigzagoon evolved into Linoone!

"Linoone, the Rush Pokémon, and the evolved form of Zigzagoon. Linoone charge prey at speeds over 60 mph. However, because they can only run straight, they have a tough time with curved roads."

140. Linoone

After that, I rotated my Pokémon and took Binacle, Ducklett, Oddish, my regular Cubone, Budew, and Zubat with me. I took a quick detour to Cyllage City, where I took my Budew to get a massage to hopefully help it to evolve. After a few battles, however, it still did not evolve. I happened to have some Qualot Berries on hand, so I fed some of those to Budew.

I did a lot more training this beautiful, sunny afternoon, and several of my Pokémon evolved! It started with my Oddish evolving into Gloom, but my Budew and Zubat evolved soon after that.

"Gloom, the Weed Pokémon, and the evolved form of Oddish. Gloom drool honey from their mouths that smells so atrocious, it can curl noses more than a mile away. However, around one out of a thousand people enjoy sniffing their nose-bending stink."

141. Gloom

142. Roselia

143. Golbat

A-004-3 Adventure Hard Cycling A Medal given to outstanding cyclists who have ridden a Bicycle 100 times. 02/26/2014
B-012-3 Battle Marquis A Medal for Trainers who have been granted the title of Marquis at the Battle Chateau. 02/23/2014

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
Im not sure where to post this but just mentioning this:

Changing your DS time DOES ruin time events! I ruined my save file so now I had to restart at 7 badges :( i now dont even have a character left anymore :/ showed me how bad restartjng sucks :/

you do not have to restart to restt timed event you only need to wait for 24 hours

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 8, 2023
I decided to breed my newly evolved swampert and after getting a 5 iv one i was happy,and when I was gonna remove my swampert out there was an extra egg the guy wanted to give me an i just hatched it. It's a female perfect 6 IV Mudkip!

Candyspider

The cotton candy archanid
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
Mar 16

Finally defeated the Elite Four, great ending. This was probably the easiest version of Pokemon that I've ever played, but that didn't make it any less fun. I'm enjoying the Friend Safari right now. If anyone wants to add me and tell me what my type and what kind of pokemon are popping up in my Friend Safari, send me a pm so we can share friend codes.

I also just finished transferring most of my Pokemon from Version Black to Y. I spent a while looking at the new polygon models. The only model I'm disappointed in is Eelektross, which was my favorite Pokemon in Black. It looks too insubstantial now, not nearly the big bulky monster it was in the previous generation.

OffRoadSP

Years
Professor Sycamore told me that there was a mega-evolution guru who lived in Shalour City, and asked if I could pay him a visit since I was on my way there. So I rested up my Pokémon, and crossed the rest of Miroir Way, and finally entered Reflection Cave!

The cave was fairly cool environment. The walls of the cave must be made out of highly pressurized rock that became smooth over time, because many of the walls acted as mirrors, giving the cave its name. I saw some wild Solosis in the cave and battled a few trainers, and then I found a moving rock. It's too shiny to be a Geodude or a Roggenrola, and has what looks like clear gems all over its body. Who's that Pokémon? It was a tough battle, apparently its defenses are very high, and it resisted many Poké Balls. But I finally caught it!

"Carbink, the Jewel Pokémon. Carbink have slept underground for hundreds of millions of years. Born from the temperatures and pressures deep underground, they fire beams from the stones in their heads. They're occasionally found during the excavation of caves."

144. Carbink

Interesting, it's a rock and fairy-type Pokémon. That's an interesting combination. And I got to meet a new Kalos region Pokémon! I can't wait to see what else might be in this cave!

I battled a trainer and her Throh and Hawlucha. Man, what is it with these tough trainers? I had a real difficult time with the double battle right outside the cave against the Machoke and Mr. Mime. My Ducklett was able to defeat her Throh, but her Hawlucha easily wiped my party. So I decided to leave to do some more training, but on the way out, I ran into a Roggenrola that I very easily caught!

145. Roggenrola

I went all the way back to the Battle Chateau to train my team. Once I was satisfied, I returned to Reflection Cave to try again against that trainer. But on my way to find her in the cave, I ran into wild Wobbuffet! Now there's a Pokémon I haven't seen in an extremely long time!

"Wobbuffet, the Patient Pokémon. Wobbuffet hate light and shock. To keep their pitch-black tails hidden, they live quietly in the darkness. If attacked, they inflate their bodies to build up their counterstrikes. They are never first to attack."

I then had my rematch. I won, but at a hefty price. Four of my Pokémon were knocked out, and Golbat was barely hanging on. Cubone was the only one with a little strength left. I was leaving the cave to bring them all to the Pokémon Center, when I ran into a horde of Pokémon. It was a horde of Mime Jr! Thankfully, Cubone had the energy to battle, and I managed to catch one with a little effort.

"Mime Jr, the Mime Pokémon, and the pre-evolved form of Mr. Mime. Mime Jr habitually mimic foes in attempts to confuse their enemies. Once mimicked, the foe cannot take their eyes off this Pokémon. They then try to escape while the enemy is entranced."

146. Mime Jr

I gave my hard-working Pokémon to Nurse Joy to relax and recover for the night.

March 12, 2014

I made one last trip to Reflection Cave with the current team, and I caught a Solosis while we were there! Its Hidden Power was easy to determine as ground-type, because it had no effect on my Ducklett.

147. Solosis

I took another team of six with me to Reflection Cave: Riolu, Pansage, Farfetch'd, Butterfree, Onix, and my female Espurr. I did some more exploring in the cave and saw another Pokémon I haven't seen since the Hoenn region, a Sableye!

"Sableye, the Darkness Pokémon. Sableye dwell in the darkness of caves. They use their sharp claws to dig up gems for nourishment. Their diet of gems has transformed their eyes into gemstones."

I then battled a tough Ace Trainer. She had three Pokémon with her, and one of them was a Granbull! What made the battle tricky was my forgetting that Granbull is a fairy-type now, now I was caught off guard when my Riolu's Force Palm attacks weren't very effective. After the battle though, my Riolu evolved into a Lucario!

"Granbull, the Fairy Pokémon, and the evolved form of Snubbull. Granbull can make most any Pokémon run away simply by opening their mouths wide to reveal their big fangs. They are timid in spite of their looks. If they become enraged, however, they will strike with their huge fangs."

148. Lucario

March 14, 2014

I continued to explore Reflection Cave, and battled many strong trainers while battling against wild Pokémon in between. Several of the trainers I battled had Pokémon I hadn't seen yet in Kalos. And after my battles, my female Espurr evolved into a Meowstic! But this Meowstic looked a bit different from my other one. According to the Pokédex, male and female Meowstic not only look different, but they also learn significantly different moves. I look forward to training both to see the differences firsthand.

"Sawk, the Karate Pokémon. Sawk tie their belts to get them pumped and make their punches stronger. Desiring the strongest karate chop, they seclude themselves in mountains and train without sleeping. Disturbing their training angers them."

"Chimecho, the Wind Chime Pokémon, and the evolved form of Chingling. Chimecho use the sucker on their heads to hang from a tree or from eaves. Emitting ultrasonic cries, they float on winds to travel great distances. They can produce seven different tones."

"Pinsir, the Stagbeetle Pokémon. Pinsir swing their long pincer horns wildly to attack. They grip prey with these pincers until the prey is torn in half. What they can't tear, they toss far. During cold periods, they hide deep in forests."

I then finally emerged from the other side of Reflection Cave, and finally reached Shalour City! I went right to the Pokémon Center because all of my Pokémon were quite worn out from all the battling. After having Nurse Joy treat them, I asked her to send them to storage. Meanwhile, I took the last group of six Pokémon for this round of training. Finally! The last six Pokémon are Vivillon, Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Zangoose, Ralts, and Furfrou. Then, I went back to Reflection Cave, because there's one more Pokémon I want to catch in there before I move on.

After a Pokémon battle with a trainer in the cave, both my Bulbasaur and Fennekin evolved!

"Ivysaur, the Seed Pokémon, and the evolved form of Bulbasaur. Ivysaur have a plant bulb on their backs. When these buds start swelling, a sweet aroma wafts to indicate the coming bloom of flowers. As they absorb nutrients, the bulbs will blossom into large flowers."

149. Ivysaur

150. Braixen

March 16, 2014

Finally, first thing in the morning, I was able to find and catch a Sableye!

151. Sableye

Then I thought about who I would use to battle at the Shalour City Gym. Since it's a fighting-type gym, my newly evolved Meowstic should help out with its psychic-type attacks. Vivillon might be a good choice as well defensively, since both bug and flying-types resist fighting-type moves. Of course, I'll use Cubone against Korrina's Lucario. I finished training my current team, and then had my shiny Cubone and my male Meowstic sent to me, and kept Vivillon with me.

March 17, 2014

I explored a bit more of Shalour City. There was a huge tower on the coast overlooking the entire city. I ran into Tierno and Trevor who said it was the Tower of Mastery, where the Mega Evolution Guru that Professor Sycamore told us to find resides. We entered the tower, and were soon joined by Shauna and Serena. Inside the tower was a huge statue of Lucario, except this Lucario looked very different than the ones I've seen before.

Once inside, we learned that the Mega Evolution Guru's name is Gurkinn, and he's the grandfather of the Shalour City Gym Leader, Korrina. He explained what he knows about mega evolution to us.

"Mega Evolution is a transformation of Pokémon that were thought to be unable to evolve any further. It's a whole new level of power!" Gurkinn explained. "Mega Evolution differs from Evolution because it ends after a certain amount of time. In other words, it's a temporary Evolution."

"Pokémon that can evolve past their final stage," I reiterated. "That's amazing. What causes a Pokémon to change like that?"

"To make Mega Evolution work," answered Gurkinn, "You need two items: a Mega Stone for the Pokémon and the Mega Ring, which has a mysterious stone set in it, for the Trainer."

"A Mega Stone," I said as I reached into my bag. "Like these?"

Gurkinn examined the stones that Professor Sycamore gave me. "Yes! Those are Mega Stones. As for the Mega Ring, I'd love to give each of you one, but… I only have one to give at the present moment."

Trevor, Tierno, and Shauna all gave reasons as to why they did not want to receive it. That left Serena and I. We decided to battle for it! It would be great practice for the Shalour Gym. We had a three on three battle.

The first match-up was quite ironic, because we both led off with a Meowstic! Mine was male and hers was female, so it was easy to tell them apart. We also both started off with the same move, Light Screen. Beyond that, it was an even match, with both Pokémon slowly doing damage with their psychic-type attacks. Finally, my Meowstic was the victor.

Next up Serena used an Absol, so I wisely chose my Vivillon to battle next. I thought it would be an easy win, but Absol landed a harsh Crunch attack, which almost knocked out my Vivillon. Luckily, one Struggle Bug attack later from Vivillon caused Serena's Absol to be unable to battle.

Last up was Serena's strongest Pokémon, her Braixen! There's no doubt who I used against it. My Cubone led off by slowing it down with its recently learned Rock Tomb attack, and then finished it off with its signature Bonemerang.

Having won the battle, Korrina said that before I can have the Mega Ring, she wanted me to defeat her in a gym battle! I followed her to her gym which was essentially a humongous indoor skate park. Time for some gym battle training!

March 18, 2014

I battled many of the trainers in the gym in preparation for my match against Korrina. They all had a variety of fighting-type Pokémon, and one in particular had a very strong Heracross that we got to battle against!

"Heracross, the Singlehorn Pokémon. Heracross thrust their prized horns under their enemies' bellies, and then lift and throw them. With their Herculean powers, they can easily throw around objects that are 100 times their own weight."

Cubone and I also did some training at a nearby Super Training facility, and it won its 13th medal for passing the first Super-Secret Training test. Having passed the 12 other training regimens, each test passed now will make Cubone eligible for newer, more difficult challenges.

Nakala Pri

My dream team, it's kinda important before we go on~

Snubbull (Leah): level 22.

Ledyba (now a Ledian called Amy): level 18.

Audino (September): level 22.

Chinchou (Cheesy): level 24.

Venipede (now a Whirlpede called Xacks): level 26.

Woobat (Lillie): level 22.

After a long day of catching my dream team with good personalities, I finally realized I had a dilemma: Leveling them up. xD

So, I flew to Lumiose City, caught a cab, went to Cafe Le Yeah and BAM, level thirty Pokemon were too much for my lovely Pokemon in their twenties. D: So, after a wipe out, I reset, went to Cafe Le Nah and battled the Element Monkeys and inherited like, 130 XP and even less for the Pokemon which didn't compete. I was kinda fed up after wasting 18000 Poke there (i am now poor after shopping for clothes, haha) so I saved, pet my Snubbull, played Head It on Unlimited and got 600 points! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
So I started up my digital copy of Pokemon X today that I got for free from the Nintendo promotion going on. Did all the intro stuff. Decided to be the girl protagonist this time, because I was the guy last time and I heard the girl has more opportunities for customization!

I picked Fennekin and named it Pheonix. I caught a male Pidgey named Aerial Ace and a female Caterpie named Argent while on the way to the first gym. I just beat the first gym n_n

The team is:

butterfree.png

Argent
Level 11

pidgey.png

Aerial Ace
Level 11

fennekin.png

Pheonix
Level 13

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
My Kalos dex is in near completion. I just need to find someone who has Articuno and Moltres to trade me for data purposes, so I can get the charm for faster breeding and to get my Speed Boost Venipede with the correct nature.

Years
First Shiny ^_^

My update is:
I traded a pokemon for another and I just realised it was a Shiny one!! And it is my very first Shiny. It is a Gastrodon JAP lvl 30 ^_^

OffRoadSP

Years
Wow, this thread has been rather quiet lately. Maybe I can fire things up again with a gym battle post? {:3}

March 19, 2014

Shalour City Gym Challenge
vs. Korrina

I skated my way to the battlefield, but Korrina was not there. Then suddenly, whoosh! She blew by on her skates and took her position at the other end of the battlefield.

"Time for Lady Korrina's big appearance!" she yelled. "I'm just messing around with you. I know, you're rollin' in the aisles, right?"

"Well, I've been looking forward to finally battling you in an official gym match," I told her.

"I already know you're a strong trainer, so let's get this show on the road!" Korrina seemed equally excited.

Gurkinn was the judge for the match. "This Kalos gym battle will be against the gym leader, Korrina, and the challenger, Steve! Each side will be able to use three Pokémon. The battle will be over when either side has no more Pokémon to fight. The challenger may substitute at will. Each side may use a Hyper Potion once on their Pokémon during the battle. Begin!"

"All right, Mienfoo," Korrina selected her first Pokémon. "Let's roll!"

"A Mienfoo, a straight-forward fighting-type," I observed. "Ok, Meowstic, maximize!"

"Also a straight-forward choice for my gym," Korrina added.

"Meowstic, start off with Psyshock!" I called my first move.

"Mienfoo, Fake Out!" Korrina's Pokémon leapt to action very quickly, smacking my Meowstic and making it flinch!

"Not bad, I should have seen that coming," I said. "But it's only delaying the inevitable. Meowstic, Psyshock again!"

Meowstic lifted its ears and released its psychic energy, which took physical form and fired bolts into Mienfoo, who immediately fell unconscious!

"Mienfoo is unable to battle," called Gurkinn. "Meowstic wins!"

"Way to go, Meowstic!" My Pokémon looked proud of itself.

"Mienfoo, return," Korrina recalled her Pokémon. "Sometimes skating too fast makes you wipe out. Machoke, let's roll!"

"Machoke, huh," I said. "Meowstic, great job, return and take a rest. Vivillon, maximize!"

I thought I had made a good choice, since a bug and flying-type doubly resists fighting-type moves.

"Vivillon, use Psybeam!" Vivillon blasted Machoke with its attack, doing decent damage.

"You have to watch for the breaks in the rails," Korrina advised. "Machoke, use Rock Tomb!"

Rocks flew at Vivillon, knocking it right out of the air!

"Vivillon, no!" I exclaimed.

"Vivillon is unable to battle," the judge called. "Machoke wins."

"Vivillon, return," I said with a defeated tone. "I'm sorry; I should have seen that coming. Ok, Meowstic, you're up again!"

My Pokémon took the field, ready to battle.

"Quick, use Psyshock!" Meowstic unleashed another strong attack, and it was more than enough to knock out its opponent.

"Machoke is unable to battle!"

"I think I know who your last Pokémon is," I said smugly as both of us called our Pokémon back from the field. "And I'm more than ready for it. You know who I'm going to use! Cubone, maximize!"

My shiny Pokémon appeared on the field and swung its bone club ready for battle.

"You might be in for a little surprise," Korrina muttered with a grin on her face. "Prepare to be derailed! Hawlucha, let's roll!"

"A Hawlucha!" My jaw dropped. "I really thought you'd use Lucario. It's okay though. Cubone, I know you can do this!"

"Cu-bone-bone-bone!" My Pokémon was as confident as I was.

"Hawlucha, start things off with a Flying Press!" Hawlucha immediately leapt into the air.

"Flying Press? What the heck is that?" I've never heard of that move before, but it landed a critical hit on my unsuspecting Cubone.

"Flying Press is a move that's both a flying-type and a fighting-type," Korrina explained. "It's unique in that way, and does super-effective damage to many of my opponents who aren't ready for it."

"Well, here's a surprise for you," I said. "Cubone, slow it down with Rock Tomb!"

Rocks pummeled Hawlucha's wings, slowing down its movements.

"Nice try," Korrina stated as she kept up her assault. "Flying Press again!"

"Dodge, and use Headbutt!" My Pokémon heard my command, and was in perfect sync! Cubone nimbly dodged the slamming attack, and instead landed a significant Headbutt on its opponent! Hawlucha struggled to get up, but finally stood with a small amount of energy left.

"Hawlucha, take this Hyper Potion!" Korrina took a moment to heal her Pokémon.

"You may have healed it, but it's still slowed down a bit! Cubone, use Rock Tomb again!" Another barrage of rocks cut Hawlucha's speed further.

"Rock Tomb, one more time!" More rocks, and more loss of speed for Hawlucha. My Cubone is now the faster Pokémon on the field.

"Hawlucha, hang in there!" Korrina encouraged her Pokémon. "Power-Up Punch, let's go!"

"What's a Power-Up Punch?" Another new move I haven't seen yet. Korrina is proving to be a little unpredictable. The attack did land a punch on my Cubone, but it was still able to battle.

"Power-Up Punch does just what it sounds like, it raises the attack of the Pokémon that uses it," Korrina explained. I wasn't really worried though, because looking at Hawlucha, it won't be able to take another hit.

"Cubone, finish this with Headbutt!" My Pokémon was powered up itself, because it finished the match with a powerful critical hit!

"Hawlucha is unable to battle!" Gurkinn raised his hand in my direction. "Cubone wins! The winner of the Shalour City gym battle is Steve!"

"How could it be?" Korrina returned her fallen Pokémon to its Poké Ball. "Hawlucha, thank you, you gave them a great challenge."

"Cubone, you were awesome out there! Way to go!" I congratulated my Pokémon as it ran up to me. Then Korrina approached us.

"So I have been defeated! Alack, alay! Lady Korrina gave a terrible display!" She started acting all dramatic. "This is it. I must give up my title and admit that your strength far exceeds… Just teasing! But here's your badge. You'll be rolling in 'em soon!"

"Thanks, Korrina!" I held up my Rumble Badge! "My third Kalos badge!"

"Well, Steve, if you want that Mega Ring, come meet me at the Tower of Mastery tomorrow. There's one more thing to do before I can give it to you!" Korrina then skated off, yelling, "I'll be waiting for you with Lucario at the top of the Tower of Mastery!"

I returned to the Pokémon Center, and gave my Pokémon to Nurse Joy for a well-deserved treatment and rest.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
It's been a while since I've posted here or actually played my Y version. I feel so obligated to post a long narrative like entry everytime I post on one of these journals, which causes me to put off doing any progress in the game cause entries take such a long time to type. >_> So instead of doing that this time I thought I just do a short summary of what I've done lately. This is all between January and March.

I meet up with Serena in Cafe Soleil , where we meet famous actress Diantha who was talking with Lysandre at the time about everything beautiful. He said something about how he hates seeing the world become ugly, which makes me suspicious of him even more.

I went out to route 5 to meet Trevor and Tierno. Then I battled Tierno for the first time and defeated his Corphish easily. I honestly expected him to have at least one starter Pokemon since he was there when we were receiving the Kanto starters from Professor Sycamore. But nope, just a Corphish.

I then arrived at Camphrier Town where I explored the area, especially Shabboneau Castle , where I ran into Shauna and this one guy in a karate outfit. We talked briefly until another man interrupted us by saying there was something at Route 7 we should check out so we did. At Route 7, there was a Snorlax sleeping and blocking the way. The two guys explained that in order to wake up Snorlax, you must use a Poke Flute, which you can only obtain at Parfum Palace. So Shauna and I went over to Parfum Palace to get one.

Parfum Palace really blew me away with how beautiful it is, so I spent time there exploring the place while helping that one man find his lost Furfrou. It took me FOREVER to finally corner the Furfrou and bring him back to his owner and it was probably one of the most frustrating things I've ever done in a Pokemon game. However once we did, I was invited to see fireworks. And that night Shauna and I spent some quality time together watching fireworks (among other things) and then we both got a Poke Flute and TM17 Protect. Once I returned to Route 7, I woke up the Snorlax and the pathway was free!

The last few things I did was explored Route 6 and 7 , did some more trading, and battled a few trainers in both Restrurant Le Nah and the Battle Chateau. Last time I saved I believe I was in Camphrier Town ready to go to the next part of my journey.

My team now
fennekin.gif

Rash nature

LV. 20
Psybeam
Ember
Howl
Fire Spin

fletchinder.gif
(Robin) Lv. 20
Careful
Ember
Agility
Quick Attack
Peck
squirtle-3.gif
(Dorian)
Lv. 18
Naive

Bite
Tail Whip
Water Gun
Withdraw
pancham.gif
(Pandie) Lv. 18
Quirky
Karate Chop
Comet Punch
Arm Thrust
Work Up

Yagi-the-shiny-Bagon

Legends of Meteor Falls
Years
So I beat the game a while ago. Their levels are quite ridiculously high right now. I notice you definitely gain more levels through X/Y than you did in any other game. I was able to transfer my teams from White and Platinum already, and I can totally see the huge level gap. And the two teams I brought over are from after beating the main storyline and Elite Four. I also brought over my team from Leaf Green, but I didn't beat the game with them. I only beat up to after Vermillion City, so they were low leveled, but I got them all to 40 now because I just spammed the Elite Four with my OP Y team.
My Y team:
Sentoki the Hawlucha (F) Lv86
Hokori Lied the Pyroar (F) Lv86
Kato the Lapras (M) Lv85
Shingai the Tyrantrum (M) Lv81
Kuro Megane the Krookodile (M) Lv74 <he's so far behind, dude>
Hanabatake the (Mega)Venusaur (F) Lv78 <she's not as far behind as Kuro, though>

My White team:
Kori Canor the Beartic (F) Lv54
Omoi the Beheeyem (F) Lv55
Kegawa the Stoutland (F) Lv52
Senso the Emboar (F) Lv55
Shinwa the Haxorus (F) Lv55
Wind Dance the Unfezant (M) Lv55 <the only male on my team>

My Platinum team:
Kaminari the Luxray (F) Lv54
Kangae the Espeon (M) Lv53
Sun Cloud the Staraptor (F) Lv56
Kawa Nolae the Floatzel (M) Lv56
Sainan the Torterra (M) Lv55
Hayai the Rapidash (F) Lv55

My Leaf Green team:
Kozeni the Persian (F) Lv39
Saigai the Ivysaur (M) Lv25
Stormset the Pidgeot (F) Lv40 <can you tell who has been getting my love?>
Calla the Nidoqueen (F) Lv25
Yume Qizi the Hypno (M) Lv36
<I didn't have a 6th member. That spot was reserved for Annoyer the Rattatta (M) who was my HM slave>

Years
  • Age 54
  • Aust
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
Just a few observations.

Loved the fact the the distance between towns seems much larger than previous gens. Previously it kind of felt like, gym, short walk, damn at the next gym already. Kalos is like gym, EPIC hike, still hiking, OMG where is the next gym, oh here's a town, arrrrgh, doesn't even have a gym!

I think pokemon level way too quick in Kalos. Pokemon were constantly threatening to level beyond my current badge obedience level, and I beat the elite four with three L100 without trying (yeah, I journeyed pretty slow sweeping all areas for different pokemon).

All in all a pleasant journey, beating the elite four, now I guess I hone my battle skillz.

Back