• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
HackMew u need to fi the search function on APE it doesnt work maybe its me but it worked for me then it didnt

First of all, make sure you're using the latest version. After that, try to explain better what's the problem explaining step by step what did you do, if the error still happens even using the newest APE.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
-Hackmew-, For SMCA how come it doesn't have support for the "Y" position?
For Firered/LeafGreen. It can only edit the "X" position.

If you can please update it, as it is very important.
-cooley

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
-Hackmew-, For SMCA how come it doesn't have support for the "Y" position?
For Firered/LeafGreen. It can only edit the "X" position.

If you can please update it, as it is very important.
-cooley

Hackmew answered this in reply to one of your posts in the Script Requests thread...
- HackMew - said:
Yes, it's not a script since it's ASM. The Y position can't be edited though since it's calculated depending on the map height. The X position, instead, can be fully edited and the updated version of SMCA supports it.
So basically, it's impossible. Just set up your map to allow for the default y-position.

On a more general note, I've found these programs useful (and the sources were beneficial when I was trying to pick up the basics of vB). Nice work.

Oh, and before I forget...
My Graduatory
  • 1st Place: Advance Item
    Reason: This is the tool that I would find the most use of as I don't know the format of the items in hex and there isn't really much of a tool for this yet, you have to use several different tools.
  • 2nd Place: Titlescreen Cry Changer
    Reason: While I can already change it to within the first 251 with a simple byte-change, I'd be interested if there was a way using ASM to make it a Hoenn Pokemon (or indeed, any pokemon with number > 255)
  • 3rd Place: eXtreme Script Editor
    Reason: Although I'm too used to dynamic offsets in Pokescript to change, the commands database is outdated for both it and ScriptDec, so I'd mainly need this one to get new commands to update the Pokescript database with. If I ever decide to try out static offsets this would be useful also.
  • 4th Place: Pokémon Editor Advance
    Reason: The various versions of Pokemon Amplifier modifies most of this already, but there seems to be gaps in each one...
  • 5th Place: Shinyzer
    Reason: Don't need this, already have code for shinies set up.
  • 6th Place: Strengther
    Reason: Don't need this, understand your types weakness/strength hex tutorial already.
  • 7th Place: Advance Trainer
    Reason:
Don't need this, have fixed PET and custom software for this already.

I based my votes on my personal preferences rather than the community as a whole, but all of those programs would be useful in some way to the wider community, I'm sure.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
Years
I'm really interested in this as we need a working Trainer Editor. If I recall, those who have tried to find the coding in the game for the trainers, have failed to make some sort of editor out of them. Not to say you will of course. So I hope this one is possible. I got PET to work with Emerald, but the sprites were always mixed up even after dumping them. For example, I when trying to edit Flannery's Camerupt, it showed a Numel sprite. It always showed the sprite before. The trainer icon was wrong as well. So I hope your Trainer Editor will be grand. It's the only thing I need for my hack.

I've taken a look at your work, and it's very nice. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thanks everyone for the comments, as always. And remember to keep voting! ;)

Oh, I've updated the results of the poll. Take a look if you want.

Lupe

isn't she cute...
Years
hey um hackmew is it possible to make a program that changes pokemonsprites easily beside unlz coz it really hard to use (for me)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
hey um HackMew is it possible to make a program that changes pokemonsprites easily beside unlz coz it really hard to use (for me)

Well, unLZ is quite easy and there are some tutorials about it in the Documents and Tutorials section. Just take a look.
Also, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to make a new program especially designed to change Pokémon sprites since there's already unLZ.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2020
What about a advance tile editor? The other way is hard to figure out for people, like making titlescreens is. But making a tileset program seems good.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
There is no need for that either, since a-map allows for export
and import of '.dib' tilesets. You can also just edit them with paint.
xD

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
There is no need for that either, since a-map allows for export
and import of '.dib' tilesets. You can also just edit them with paint.
xD

Yea, but it can produce errors and other werid things unless you use unLZ. I think that is a good Idea, but it may not be needed :P

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
mines don't work cuz i have a imac is there another way to hack

Well, you won't have any luck finding tools that are associated to ROM hacking for Mac OSes, besides hex editors, emulators and patch creators. (check http://www.zophar.net/ for available tools)
The best way would be to either switch to a Windows system while ROM hacking or to install a Virtual PC program, that can emulate a Windows machine on your Mac, and makes the tools fully working for you.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
My Graduatory
  • 1st Place: Pokemon Editor Advance
    Reason: I've found myself needing to change a Pokemon's sprite, or edit's it attacks alot, and this requires multiple glitchy programs, and Hex Edditing, so all together this would very helpful.
  • 2nd Place: Advance Trainer
    Reason: PET's layout and functionality is crap, and Hex Editting takes too long, this would save me alot of time.
  • 3rd Place: eXtreme Script Editor
    Reason: Me and you talked about this. Sounds great, especially with all the problems the other editors have.
  • 4th Place: Advance Item
    Reason: Every now and then I need to change a key item, or it's description. This would obviously make that easier.
  • 5th Place: Shinyzer
    Reason: Sounds like a fun and simple tool.
  • 6th Place: Titlescreen Cry Changer
    Reason: Uhm, very insignificant, so not that important to me.
  • 7th Place: Strengther
    Reason:Not Very Important, can already be readibly done, and can't you just add that to like the Pokemon Editor Advance?

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2011
For the program release stuff, here's my order and reasoning.

My Graduatory

1st place) Advance Trainer.
Reason: PET is crap, and half the time, when I try to replace something I get a dragonite or something like that. A nice, working trainer editor would be welcome.
2nd place) Pokemon Editor Advance
Reason: For those of use who aren't good hex editors, this program would help with changing pokemon data in emerald (Which is no easy task otherwise).
3rd place) Extreme Script Editor
Reason: This would definately be extremely useful for any hacker.
4th place) Shinyizer
Reason: Just sounds like a fun tool to use.
5th place) Advance Item
Reason: Sounds like a fun tool to use, although I personally can't imagine myself using it too often. Still, it would be handy if I needed an Item editor.
6th place) Strengther
Reason: It would be useful, but I just can't imagine myself using it too much.
7th place) Titlescreen Cry Editor
Reason: Again, useful, just can't imagine myself using it too much.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey, thanks for voting :)
As usual the poll results were updated. Take a look if you care.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
1st - eXtreme Script Editor
It would be more easier for new/old/in hurry hackers. But I just wish there's a special reader-like-thing that will scan you're script and will tell you if you've done some errors in either spelling (eg, for instance.., some confuse \ with the / )...

2nd - Shinyzer
I've been wanting to have a shiny script encounter with my hack. And it would be useful to hacker with new ideas of, eg, PKMN SHINIES! :D

3rd - Advance Trainer
P.E.T. is useful, however, it's still glitchy, for instance, I can't edit the PKMNs that twins or any trainer's which battles you in a double battle, and I can't edit the PKMNs of the Elite Four... And, in PET, the attacks aren't the same attacks to be used in the game, for instance, String Shot is another attack in the game. T_T It would be very useful if it'll be done. :)

4th - Pokémon Editor Advance
I am kinda annoyed editing the PKMNs POKEDEX entries using A-Text, and so, this would be very helpful, indeed.

5th - Strengther
Changing the weaknesses and resistance of any PKMN Types would be very helpful, indeed...

6th - Titlescreen Cry Changer
A helpful tool to those who choose to hack either FireRed/LeafGreen ROMs and has the desire to change the token POKEMON in the title screen.

and last, but not least...

7th - Advanced Item
A-Mart exist for that job, however, it will depend on how they differ from each other.

Back