The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Anime
Ash's mom = His dad.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old November 25th, 2017 (2:21 PM). Edited November 28th, 2017 by BatmanPika.

I believe we have all know Ash’s father from the very beginning of the show, because he is Ash’s “mom”! Why would I think this, because it all makes too much sense with the show.

The main evidence for this is that the show almost never mentions his Father, why would they do this? Probably only if everyone in the town was ashamed of him. What is the likely reason for a male in Japanese culture to be shamed, if he is gay. (This is a thing in Japanese culture, I’m cool with everyone.) My theory is that Ash’s dad is gay and when Ash’s mom found out they fought and she outed him to everyone in the community.

Knowing that the only way he could keep custody of his son (Ash) was to kill his former wife and then live the remainder of his life pretending to be her. Here is where the theory comes full circle. who helped him hide her body? No one else than his gay lover professor Oak.

Think about why are Ash’s “mom” and professor Oak are always together? Lastly the pieces that ties it all together for me is why else would Ash’s mom want her 10 year old son out of the house? So he can spend time with his gay lover professor Oak without having to hide his identity at the house.

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 27th, 2017 (8:29 PM).

This is ridiculous. Now that we know what happened to Arnold's parents in Hey Arnold, the identity of Ash's father is possibly the biggest question still unanswered in our childhoods.
      Old November 29th, 2017 (8:46 AM).

Nature: Serious
        That's it! What you forgot to mention though is that Ash's mother was the real ghost of the Pokemon Tower in Lavender town. When the mother of a great Pokemon trainer dies without being able to go see their child fulfil their destiny they are reincarnated as a Marowak. In their next life they fiercely cling to the child they always wanted in cubone, and die protecting their young from harm.

This is the real reason why Giovanni wanted the silph scope, to see again the vision of the woman he had once longed for from afar Delia Ketchum. He was always jealous that Ash's father had attained such a prize. He was ready to lay her wandering soul to rest at Pokemon Tower.

Little did Giovanni know that her ashes would be dug up again during a time of experiments. While extracting DNA from mew, the bones and remains from various pokemon in the Pokemon Tower at Lavender Town were also excavated by unscrupulous scientists to make Mewtwo.

Yes, Ash's mother is Mewtwo. This is why Giovanni took such an interest in this Pokemon. He recognized the soul of his beloved Marowak as soon as he laid eyes on the tormented Mewtwo. Horrified by the destruction his beloved had caused he tried to help her control her powers.

Her vengefully spirit could not be calmed until the son she had given birth to when she was human Ash Ketchum reappeared. It was only after his sacrifice did Delia/ Mewtwo remember who she was.

Name: Narcissus
        Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
        Old November 29th, 2017 (11:02 AM).
        Banned

Nature: Lonely
          No. Pokemon games and anime had only depicted couples that are straight. Ash's dad is straight and is either dead or absent as far as i can see.
          Old November 30th, 2017 (5:01 PM). Edited November 30th, 2017 by Kuzehiko.
          E4

No, that sounds creep.

IIRC there was an official interview where a Pokemon anime writer was asked about Ash's dad and he said he's a trainer and he's still on his own journey. We can assume he's not a good dad since he wasn't there Ash's childhood given he decided to go for his own goals than raising his kid. He also said we might see him someday in the show if it is needed for Ash's growth in the series.
            Old December 1st, 2017 (12:57 PM).

What growth? He became a better trainer and more mature in Johto but now he's either been the same or regressed since. It just sounds like they never actually thought about showing his dad.
              Old December 1st, 2017 (3:17 PM). Edited December 1st, 2017 by Kuzehiko.
              E4

Ask the writer, I don't know. It's not like Ash has grown tons in personality wise. There's always things you can add upon a character.
                Old December 8th, 2017 (5:04 PM). Edited December 8th, 2017 by Quiji.

I'll never understand the fandom's obsession with Ash's dad. Like, the dude was only mentioned once in the anime in the second episode iirc, which should tell us that he isn't important. Even that one member of the anime's staff said that he might not show up until the end of Ash's journey, but even that's just a slim possibility.
                  Old December 8th, 2017 (9:13 PM). Edited December 8th, 2017 by Kuzehiko.
                  E4

I agree.

To be frank Ash's dad mention was a random thing in the first episodes and it will ever be touched again just like GS Ball. It's forgotten. Writers said there might be a chance for him to appear to just give fake hopes and do not disappoint fans.

Ash will eternally be 10, he will never grow up just like he will not end up to anybody his dad will not appear in the show. There is no need for backpedaling in the show.
                    Old December 9th, 2017 (8:04 AM). Edited December 9th, 2017 by IcyIce.
                    Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
                      No it wasn't random in the first episode, because Ash father was mentioned again in the new movie. They haven't forgotten him. And if I am not mistaken, Prof. Oak also mentioned his father at some point, but I could be wrong.

And to be frank, this is a pretty dumb thread.... It is a kids shows... and all though they are starting to do some crazy stuff, I don't think pokemon will ever fall into that category.
                      Old December 9th, 2017 (2:04 PM). Edited December 9th, 2017 by Quiji.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by IcyIce View Post
                        No it wasn't random in the first episode, because Ash father was mentioned again in the new movie.
                        The newest movie is irrelevant since it wasn't even canon, as confirmed by the film's editor. So whether Ash's dad was mentioned in it or not has no bearing on the role of Ash's dad in the main series.
                        Old December 9th, 2017 (2:16 PM).
                        E4

Yeah.

New movie is not canon to the main anime timeline so Ashs dad was mentioned only once thus being a random thing.
                          Old December 10th, 2017 (12:23 PM).

Not that it's a pressing issue to know who Ash's dad is/was, it's still an interest just from pure curiosity. But no, I doubt the average viewer really cares much.
                            Old December 10th, 2017 (12:31 PM).
                            Also known as 'Michelle' to some.

Nature: Bold
                            The only reason I liked this post is because it is so ridiculous. Thanks for making me laugh!

Quick Reply