• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would A GS Ball Special Be Possible During The Current Series?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
With Ash and Goh getting around everywhere during the current series of Pokemon I'm sure they could do a special 1 hour long episode where Ash finally finds out the GS ball mystery. It'll be good for people that watched the anime back in the day. I'll put down what I think the plot would probably be.

It starts as a normal day at Professor Cerise's laboratory with Ash and Goh having breakfast when they get a call from Professor Oak. He informs Ash that Kurt has finally discovered the GS ball after all these years. Ash then tells Goh the GS ball story and we see flashbacks from Orange Islands and early Jhoto episodes such as Poke Ball Perl and Going Apricorn (like with Ash's Charizard in Fires Of A Red Hot Reunion). After that Ash and Goh travel to Azalea Town and see Kurt. Kurt gives Ash the GS ball and tells him to visit the shrine in Ilex Forest where he'll put the ball on. Ash and Goh eventually find it and Ash places the GS ball there and waits until Celebi appears. It might then end with either Ash or more likely Goh who wants to catch every Pokemon, catching Celebi. Celebi becomes Goh's first legendary Pokemon and puts him another step closer to Mew.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I don't think so. The gs ball was forgotten by the writers so long ago, at this point, that I know there will pretty much never be another mention of it, at all. It was stated somewhere that when they decided to make a movie for Celebi, they dropped the gs ball plotline and hope fans would forget about it. So, I doubt we'll ever get a special about it, let alone, closure.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
One of the staff members of the show literally said that the staff wanted fans to forget about the GS Ball so why would they draw attention to it now? There was already an episode a few months ago that featured Azalea Town and Celebi any ways; if the writing staff didn't take that opportunity to include Ash and bring back the GS Ball, why would they do it in the future? :/

Back