8SomaCruz

Trying to be Something

Male
Nowhere
Seen July 23rd, 2021
Posted April 8th, 2021
12 posts
2.6 Years
Even after fixing all of the merge conflicts, when trying to build, I still get this error when trying to compile:

src/follow_me.c: In function `HideFollower':
src/follow_me.c:125: warning: implicit declaration of function `BindFieldEffectToSprite'
blank space that I might put links to my projects into later
Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted September 16th, 2021
222 posts
5.6 Years
Even after fixing all of the merge conflicts, when trying to build, I still get this error when trying to compile:

src/follow_me.c: In function `HideFollower':
src/follow_me.c:125: warning: implicit declaration of function `BindFieldEffectToSprite'
Looks like a bunch of the functions were properly named on pret's end recently. I just merged upstream so this should be fixed. Thanks for letting me know!
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
131 posts
4.3 Years
I've been trying to dynamically change the graphic info of the follower object event, but I can't get it to work the way I'm wanting.

The process I'm currently using is this: I have a function that, when called, will update gSaveBlock2Ptr->follower.graphicsId to equal the proper graphic info constant, as well as update gObjectEvents[GetFollowerMapObjId()].graphicsId to be the same. If there's some type of transition, like going through a warp zone or opening and closing the bag, the follower graphics will update properly when this function is run. However, if I just call a script that runs my function and does not trigger a transition, the follower's graphics won't update, and that's exactly when I'm trying to get it to update. As soon as I walk through a warp zone or open and close the bag, however, it will then update.

Do you have any idea on how to change the graphics of the follower object with just a script call without there being some sort of transition?
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,386 posts
7.5 Years
Do you have any idea on how to change the graphics of the follower object with just a script call without there being some sort of transition?
Maybe
ObjectEventSetGraphicsId
? I haven't tried using it on followers though.
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
131 posts
4.3 Years
Maybe
ObjectEventSetGraphicsId
? I haven't tried using it on followers though.
That did kind of work. However, the animation for the object got a little bit wonky for some reason until the player moved. I ended up finding a different solution, where I just took the part of SetFollowerSprite from src/follow_me.c that creates a duplicate object event of the current follower and destroys the original. That ended up doing the trick, and the animation stayed consistent.
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
3 posts
31 Days
Hi folks,

I've been running into a really strange bug related to Follow Me -- occasionally, after having a battle and then moving to a different map, a follower will start following me (without the setfollower command ever getting used). By testing save states and such, I've found that this behavior seems to be determined at the start of battle (the follower shows up afterwards even if I white out, for example), and can happen with both wild and trainer battles, but doesn't happen consistently when the same trainer is faced.
When I try to talk repeatedly to the follower, usually nothing happens, but occasionally I receive a yellow nectar, then a master ball, then an ultra ball every subsequent time.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I'm using pokeemerald-expansion with quite a few add-ons merged in, so it might be hard to isolate, but any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
10 posts
216 Days
Hi folks,

I've been running into a really strange bug related to Follow Me -- occasionally, after having a battle and then moving to a different map, a follower will start following me (without the setfollower command ever getting used). By testing save states and such, I've found that this behavior seems to be determined at the start of battle (the follower shows up afterwards even if I white out, for example), and can happen with both wild and trainer battles, but doesn't happen consistently when the same trainer is faced.
When I try to talk repeatedly to the follower, usually nothing happens, but occasionally I receive a yellow nectar, then a master ball, then an ultra ball every subsequent time.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? I'm using pokeemerald-expansion with quite a few add-ons merged in, so it might be hard to isolate, but any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!
Hi, I've encountered this before. Want to check, in include/global.h under SaveBlock2, is your "struct Follower follower;" below "struct BattleFrontier frontier;"?

I moved it above 'frontier' and the problem stopped. My guess is 'frontier' is somehow used during normal battles, and has an overflow into the first byte of 'follower', setting 'inProgress' with junk data in the rest of 'follower'. Didn't and not sure how to confirm it though.