• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: A New Dawn ----Still in development don't worry----

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years

9svwhHc.png

[a id]Part1[/a id]
Thread under development! So don't judge the temporary CSS that's being used right now.

Intro

First off I just want to say that this hack is meant to look plain graphically. That's the whole point. For reasons I would rather not get into in this it will almost definitely not receive a full blown tile/ow makeover. So if you're looking for a hack that is just all new tiles then this is NOT the hack for you.

As some of you may know, I'm Joexv, creator of Pokemon Blackened Night and The Holiday hack Series. Long long ago, I joined this site to start working on Pokemon hacks. After about a year of learning, I released Pokemon Blackened Night. As it continued to grow and I grew in my hacking skills I decided it was time to write up stories for a sequel and possibly a prequel to the game. Each game being its own story line I could easily release and create them as I saw fit. It wasn't until I stopped major production on BN that I actually got down to working on the sequel as a possible project to replace my main focus. And that is how A New Dawn was born. Not only a new project to me, but a project for all. A New Dawn, will feature a revolutionary story line system that is created by you, the players.

A New Dawn will feature multiple stories and countless side stories that are created by players. Any one can submit a story line or side story for the hack. Not all stories will be accepted of course. But if your story is approved, then you can expect it to be added into the game, one way or another.
for more information on approval and regulations on stories please read the section marked STORIES.

Prologue

The black sun. A calamity caused by the power of the Arcanate Machine turned Black by the Black stone. Team Night caused the Arcanate Machine to produce a dark light that would cause the fabled "Darkness" to rise from its tomb to envelop the world into an endless night know once as the "Eternal Night". Team Night's plans were foiled by a young orphan from Southfalls City who's family was killed by the "Darkness" when he was a small baby.
3 years later the Altar Region has grown and prospered. Until one day a new threat to their peace rises up from the shadows. A threat with ambitions so high that it will reach the heavens....

Story

Excuse any and all grammar errors or typos as this is only a rough draft of the story:
3 years after the "Eternal Night" crisis, the Altar Region has returned to peace and prosperity.
4 young adults begin a new chapter in their lives as students of the famous Professor Rose of the Altar Insula.
Little did they know hidden in the shadows and ruin of the failed Team Night, sinister Pokemon cloaked in shadows start to appear in the Isles. Just as the students begin their journey, Professor Rose mysteriously disappears sending the students' journey down many dark paths.

Features

New Regions(obviously)
2 different Pokemon Leagues, each with 4 gyms, and their own champion. Plus an additional champion of both regions.
FR/LG style tiles with a nice needed twist, to keep that nostalgic feel while creating anew atmosphere
Over 10 different starter options
Travel with companions
Gameplay is setup as chapters
Community driven chapters!
Side Quests!
Pokedex split into two to reflect the northern and southern half of the Altar Insula
There will roughly be 350 Pokemon between the two regions(Northern and Southern)
Shadow Pokemon(Yes another hack with Shadow Pokemon. But we're taking a little spin with it)
Shadow Pokemon act like Primal Mega Evolutions - Release your Pokemon's inner darkness!
Pokemon will become corrupted if they are not friendly with their trainers

Screenshots

fa0aec94782bcb24f8a96f2dd99c5030_200.png

OoBDLzF.png
IHmZ9HM.png

clTQIL2.png
hksvPWq.png
eGGcogE.png
b7XMybU.png
FXooQD3.png
oib6JWf.png
hkEBvcY.png
QnCgzYQ.png
Z80Oht1.png
4s6VmLC.png
2C3bdfP.png
HvbsS4b.png
ih9dcaT.png
NZdjUF5.png

Screenshots may at anytime but slightly outdated. I change things constantly including small tile fixes and entire map edits all together. If there are big changes I will try to update them to the best of my ability.
And of course more to come

Downloads

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9207520#9207520

Credits

Jpan-Hacked engine and for his permission to edit existing routines
Mrdollsteak-For his FR Base
Ruki-The amazing titlescreen and the HGSS Kanto music
TheRealOCD-All around help including mapping, bug testing etc
Shinyquagsire-For a lot of documentation that I had to read through to make stuff do things
Touched-For his ASM help, Mega evos and other routines
Fbi-For his ASM help, resources and other routines
Gamer2020-For his custom XSE and for PGE
Dark Zeta/Danny-For D&D editor
Everyone in the Quick R&D or who've made minor patches and resources
Lu-Hu-For all the corruption
Jaizu for the HP Bars
Fangking, Omega, and Mateo for some of the houses tiles
Spherical Ice for some tiles
Navenatox for the dynamic overworld patch, which without would make a lot of npcs look terrible!
Rycanthropy's Emerald Font Patch

And everyone that put up with me when I asked the stupidest questions imaginable

If I forgot anyone please let me know!

Fun Fact: A New Dawn is the first game to use the IPTS to insert all of its Pokemon data

Also please note this thread is not complete and it'll be in the works over the next couple of days, so if any information is missing or is incorrect it will be fixed shortly.

Awards

Hack of the Month March 2016
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364206

Joexv Seal of Approval
Spoiler:

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Yey! A new hack! Tbh, the last time I saw Blackened Night, I wasn't really a fan of your maps but now I'm loving those screenies! I might post a side story or two hehe.. Good Luck with the hack!

btw, are the stories posted here or via PM/VM?

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Not gonna send a story(don't have any age appropriate ones). But I'll definitely keep an eye on this one. It sounds really good and unique.

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 5, 2019
Looks awesome. Can't wait to play.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Reading through everything, I must say that this sounds really good. The features are really nice, I personally love the gym/Pokémon League structure, as it reminds me a lot of Ancient Egypt (one of my favorite subjects in History) in the way that Egypt was separated into two "regions" and they both had leaders, then a Pharaoh would be the ruler of all Egypt I may be making that all up btw but I'm pretty sure I'm right lol so that really helps me get the feel on how the League system is going to work.

The screenshots look nice too. I really like the hero OW, has a nice FR/LG feel to compliment the rest of the style. Keep up the good work guys! :)

Joexv

Years
Yey! A new hack! Tbh, the last time I saw Blackened Night, I wasn't really a fan of your maps but now I'm loving those screenies! I might post a side story or two hehe.. Good Luck with the hack!

btw, are the stories posted here or via PM/VM?

Not gonna send a story(don't have any age appropriate ones). But I'll definitely keep an eye on this one. It sounds really good and unique.

Looks pretty interesting. I'm excited to see what comes of it!

Looks awesome. Can't wait to play.

Awesome Storyline and cool to add two Pokémon League
keep Up The Great Work

The features look great!!Looking forward for your hack in the future!!Hope you can complete it!!Good Luck!!

I like the new thread design! Keep at it! :P

Reading through everything, I must say that this sounds really good. The features are really nice, I personally love the gym/Pokémon League structure, as it reminds me a lot of Ancient Egypt (one of my favorite subjects in History) in the way that Egypt was separated into two "regions" and they both had leaders, then a Pharaoh would be the ruler of all Egypt I may be making that all up btw but I'm pretty sure I'm right lol so that really helps me get the feel on how the League system is going to work.

The screenshots look nice too. I really like the hero OW, has a nice FR/LG feel to compliment the rest of the style. Keep up the good work guys! :)

This hack's looking pretty sweet so far! I just might try and send in a story.
Thanks for all the support! TheRealOCD and I are working hard to get an alpha demo out asap. But obviously due to life and stuff we have no estimated release date, but because of that, I've decided to start accepting fan stories to be added into the first alpha instead of it just being the canon game. So if any of y'all what to submit some go right ahead!

will there be fakemon starters if not add some
No. The only "fakemon" will be a few shadow versions of some Pokemon. Other than that there will be no fakemon at all.

Joexv

Years
Quick little update. Still working on this, but I'm focusing a lot of time on maps and un-seeable game thingamajigs, so while there is progress its mostly stuff you cant see anyways gameplay wise. But stay tuned as hopefully more and more things will happen soon!

Joexv

Years
So in order to add length to the first alpha, alongside the main story we will be including fan made side stories. We would like to get as many as possible added into the game. If you guys have an ideas or would like to see maps/story information to base them off of please contact me!

Soar

n00b
Years
This looks like its gonna be a good one, I cant wait for the first patch release! If you need a beta tester I'd be more than happy!

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
egpSXL9.png

The current state of the world map.
The lack of internet at work is making progress skyrocket as my Netflix binging has been brought to a hold.

A true inspiration to us all. I want to strive to be more like you.
Remember kids, true winners don't work at work.

Back