• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] adventures in pokémon gaia !

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 5, 2021
ah, pokémon gaia, the first rom hack i ever played!

only recently did i discover the wonders of emulators, and even then i just played official games on my emulator for a while. but a few days ago i decided to try....... a rom hack! (dun dun dunnnn)

pokemon gaia, gs chronicles, and radical red were installed within minutes of each other and i picked gaia as my first hack!

as my starter i chose the eternally adorable piplup, and named him after my friend who loves piplup!

i saw the rival's overworld sprite, which appeared to have fox ears on it, and named him kitsune. it later turned out that they are sunglasses, not fox ears. i feel juuuust a tad foolish, but kitsune is an epic name regardless, xD

i managed to make it to the first gym with a full team and at the low low level of nine. yeah. the first leader, fernando, had a team of two level 11s and a level 13... my mons were five level 9s and one level ten. not a big gap, but that early on in the game, it really is! i managed to win on my first try, grindless, though, and absolutely blazed on to the next gym!

the smeargle guy gave me some trouble though. his team is six level 18 smeargles, and my team were all... level 13-14. oh boy. still severely underlevelled. first try, he destroyed me, but second try, i destroyed him with no extra levelling!

now, i approach the second gym and finally gave in and ground my whole team up to a reasonable level for the pokémon im facing, all between level 18-21!

wish me luck on the flying gym! hopefully i remember to update this thread within the next couple gyms 😅

Back