• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Emerald 721 Patch

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Hey guys I'm here to say that this is going to be on hiatus for now as I'm already working on fire red 1020 base as its almost completed and I'm very busy
Do you know how to add item Focus Sash ?
I don't know how to add focus sash but I really want to

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Bugs:
Spoiler:

G3HS does not properly expand the cry tables and is outdated. I'm willing to bet money that it is the reason PGE is giving you an error. You are not the only one to have this problem.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
There's progress on it all sprites positions and icons are in I need to do stats now which is going to be the bein of my existence

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Okay guys I'm back as u guys know I've made a 1460 fire red rombase and it's already at its second beta thanks to many people and now I'm ready to rework on this base and I'm also using the dynamic emerald rombase for this as well so I hope u enjoy

ElijahCabugao

Metagross's Metagrossite is reacting to Elijah's M
Years
Okay guys I'm back as u guys know I've made a 1460 fire red rombase and it's already at its second beta thanks to many people and now I'm ready to rework on this base and I'm also using the dynamic emerald rombase for this as well so I hope u enjoy

Good luck dude... Im also waiting...^^

Years
Hey guys I'm here to say that this is going to be on hiatus for now as I'm already working on fire red 1020 base as its almost completed and I'm very busy

I don't know how to add focus sash but I really want to
Do you know how to disable electricity type become paralyzed? In gen 6, electricity type will not paralyzed any more

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I finished my fire red rombase so this base is no longer in hiatus I'll be working on it although my motivation will be a big factor wether I'll be able to actually finish it

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Download link for what? If the fire red rombase go to my thread and if the Emerald base I don't have one for you yet I'm still working on it

Starfall321

OnePunchStarfall
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
Are you still making the 721 Rom base? LC probably not allow us to use 721 be a rom base for making our own hacked game.

I personal feel that LC make a good decision. A patch for pokemon expansion should never exist. It is actually a mistake because of its poor flexibility. You are taking risk when you patch your hack. So you never know what had been done on the rom unless the change log is provided and you are good enough.
I understand that many hacker simply don't have time or they are lazy indeed, I suggest alternative ways like releasing some bin.file, assemblable file like what azurile13 did, spreadsheet data or simply create a tool for that. Instead of using patch, the best way is to do it yourself. The tutorial is there, why don't take a look on it and spend an hour to follow the steps.

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
Years

I personal feel that LC make a good decision. A patch for pokemon expansion should never exist. It is actually a mistake because of its poor flexibility. You are taking risk when you patch your hack. So you never know what had been done on the rom unless the change log is provided and you are good enough.
I understand that many hacker simply don't have time or they are lazy indeed, I suggest alternative ways like releasing some bin.file, assemblable file like what azurile13 did, spreadsheet data or simply create a tool for that. Instead of using patch, the best way is to do it yourself. The tutorial is there, why don't take a look on it and spend an hour to follow the steps.

Even though its your own personal opinion, I think its amazing that people like pokefreak890 make resources like this because not everybody understands tutorials, like me, I have no idea on how to do cries, and even though I've read a million tutorials I still don't understand. Not everybody has a gear-grinding brain that can understand ASM or hex editing and what not, pokefreak890 wants to help millions of hackers out there, so if you want it stopped, you are in someway wrecking someone's dream. Generosity is the right term for resources like this.

Starfall321

OnePunchStarfall
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016

Even though its your own personal opinion, I think its amazing that people like pokefreak890 make resources like this because not everybody understands tutorials, like me, I have no idea on how to do cries, and even though I've read a million tutorials I still don't understand. Not everybody has a gear-grinding brain that can understand ASM or hex editing and what not, pokefreak890 wants to help millions of hackers out there, so if you want it stopped, you are in someway wrecking someone's dream. Generosity is the right term for resources like this.

No offense, I never say he has to stop it but I simply mean patch is not a good way~_~

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
Years
No offense, I never say he has to stop it but I simply mean patch is not a good way~_~

Yeah, but what you're saying that it is not a good way, points to saying that "It's not a good way, stop it and find an alternative."
Sorry if I debate you with this, its just that I can't understand ASM and expansion. Its not a good way to stop this since many people benefit from it, and in addition to this, you also benefit from this.

Years

Are you Chinese? I found there are too many Chinese people said the author should not release a patch, they should release the tutorial only, because if a lot of people depend on patch, the ability of pokemon hack will be worse and worse, it will make the other author lazy, and it is unfair to the original author such as LC. Several month ago, the 650 patch has been disappeared, he said because the 721 Rom base will coming soon, but nowadays, the 721 Rom base has been cancelled, so is it means 650 patch not allow any people to use any more? If it is not allowed, will my Pokemon Eternal Snow 2.0 be blocked? When I released my Pokemon Eternal Snow 2.0, the 650 patch doesn't disappeared yet.

Years

I have asked LC can he make a note for new moves, abilities and items when the theta emerald EX released, I think if he decide to make a note, I can figure out how too add them quickly. Or if he allowed us to use his pokemon hacked game to be a rom base, we also can write a lot of new stories for making our own hacked game. But I don't think so he will allow us to use that be a rom base, I think all of the author are not allow any of people to use them hacked game be a rom base, because they have spent too much time on making their project, so all of people should regard to their working result. In the Pokemon Hack field, if want to hacked on someone's hacked game, it has to get the permission from the original author. If the author said no, any other people cannot to do any hack on their hacked game, some of the author have encrypt on their hacked game, such as if you change the Pokemon image, it will change into the different colors of Magikarp; If you use tools to open that Rom, the system shows it cannot be opened, because the author has encrypted on their Rom.

Back