The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Research & Development
Has there been extensive research on sounds in FireRed?

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old May 13th, 2018 (7:44 AM).
Sakakii Sakakii is online now
     
    Join Date: Nov 2017
    Posts: 40
    I mean besides this: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5610866&postcount=3

    I'm looking for sound for Ice Beam and some other moves. To use with the command 'sound' in XSE. I will do this research myself but I'm wondering if someone already did it?
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old 1 Week Ago (12:53 PM).
    CoolCaper CoolCaper is offline
       
      Join Date: Aug 2017
      Posts: 21
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sakakii View Post
      I mean besides this: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5610866&postcount=3

      I'm looking for sound for Ice Beam and some other moves. To use with the command 'sound' in XSE. I will do this research myself but I'm wondering if someone already did it?
      I didn't, but I really love the sound Ice Beam makes. What's XSE?
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old 6 Days Ago (8:38 AM).
      Petuuuhhh's Avatar
      Petuuuhhh Petuuuhhh is online now
      Team Salamence
       
      Join Date: Apr 2017
      Location: Georgia
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Serious
      Posts: 408
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sakakii View Post
      I mean besides this: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5610866&postcount=3

      I'm looking for sound for Ice Beam and some other moves. To use with the command 'sound' in XSE. I will do this research myself but I'm wondering if someone already did it?
      "Sound is a command that looks in a specific table. You'd have to create a routine that looks in the move animation table." -xizqu on the PokeCommunity Discord
      __________________
      Petuuuhhh

      Favorite Pokemon list http://bit.ly/2A2LIJd

      Team Salamence is looking for talented ROM hackers, check us out at http://bit.ly/teamsalamence!
      Reply With Quote
        #4    
      Old 5 Days Ago (7:22 PM). Edited 5 Days Ago by Skeli-.
      Skeli-'s Avatar
      Skeli- Skeli- is offline
      Lord of the Rings
         
        Join Date: Apr 2014
        Location: Canada
        Age: 19
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 177
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sakakii View Post
        I mean besides this: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5610866&postcount=3

        I'm looking for sound for Ice Beam and some other moves. To use with the command 'sound' in XSE. I will do this research myself but I'm wondering if someone already did it?
        On this thread you can download a file contained all animation scripts for [EM]. Go to the animation for Ice Beam and find the command which is playing the sound. In Ice Beam's case there's a launchsoundtask playing sound 0xB7. Subtract 0x7 from this number and you have your sound in [FR] (so 0xB0). In a script, this can be called by just using the sound command (eg sound 0xB0).

        Alternatively, on this thread, there is a sound list with mediocre sound descriptions.

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Petuuuhhh View Post
        "Sound is a command that looks in a specific table. You'd have to create a routine that looks in the move animation table." -xizqu on the PokeCommunity Discord
        You're right about the sound looking in a specific table; it's actually the same as the song table. "Songs" 0-~255 around sounds, everything after are songs. Both move animations and scripting use the same song table, so there's no need to create a custom routine.

        Also, someone should move this thread out of R&D.
        __________________
        Pokemon Unbound

        Reply With Quote
          #5    
        Old 5 Days Ago (6:30 AM).
        xizqu's Avatar
        xizqu xizqu is offline
           
          Join Date: Feb 2018
          Location: California
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 60
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Skeli- View Post
          On this thread you can download a file contained all animation scripts for [EM]. Go to the animation for Ice Beam and find the command which is playing the sound. In Ice Beam's case there's a launchsoundtask playing sound 0xB7. Subtract 0x7 from this number and you have your sound in [FR] (so 0xB0). In a script, this can be called by just using the sound command (eg sound 0xB0).

          Alternatively, on this thread, there is a sound list with mediocre sound descriptions.


          You're right about the sound looking in a specific table; it's actually the same as the song table. "Songs" 0-~255 around sounds, everything after are songs. Both move animations and scripting use the same song table, so there's no need to create a custom routine.

          Also, someone should move this thread out of R&D.
          Thank you! No one replied to the question so I gave my best answer! Was hoping someone with more sound experience would chime in! Tainted(in discord) said sappy actually contains all the sounds too incase it was a different table, you could add it.
          Reply With Quote
          Reply

          Quick Reply

          Join the conversation!

          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

          Create a PokéCommunity Account

          Sponsored Links
          Thread Tools

          Posting Rules
          You may not post new threads
          You may not post replies
          You may not post attachments
          You may not edit your posts

          BB code is On
          Smilies are On
          [IMG] code is On
          HTML code is Off

          Forum Jump


          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:51 AM.