• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Battle subway team help

Noctis

Finally back after some family problems
Years
I really need help making a battle subway team.My team I was was thinking of so far is:
1.Hydreigon
Earthquake
Tri Attack
Dragon Pulse
Crunch
Earthquake
Tri Attack
Dragon Pulse
Crunch
2.Mienshao
Acrobatics
Drain Punch
U-Turn
Fake Out
3.Cacturne
Spikes
Payback
Needle Arm
Energy Ball

Any help would be appreciated as well as item recommendations.(By the way I'm playing Pokemon White 2.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Just roll with the punches.

In my experience, the slow moving and powerful Pokes that can take hits and dish out mega damage worked the best.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
There is no magic team. And everyone plays differently, as does luck, so even if you used Pokemon I beat them with, it's not a guarantee you'd win too. So many factors.

Play it and adapt. You find this move isn't working, change it, or change up your strategy. That's really all you can do. There's not a magic solution. Just keep going, adapt, and don't give up.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
By the way, have you done proper EV and IV training on your teams?

If not, that could be your issue. These later in-game challenges are far more difficult than any AI story match. You can't be casual if you want to beat them.

Last edited:
Years
There is no magic team. And everyone plays differently, as does luck, so even if you used Pokemon I beat them with, it's not a guarantee you'd win too. So many factors.

Play it and adapt. You find this move isn't working, change it, or change up your strategy. That's really all you can do. There's not a magic solution. Just keep going, adapt, and don't give up.

I am agree with him but still i will recommend you a team.

Better pokemon for your team could be-

Zangoose @ toxic orb

Emogla @ flying gem

Metagross@ steel gem
I got this team from internet, hope it helps. As Enpatsu said earlier, it is really important to do IV and EV training. Earlier, when i was playing pokemon black 2. I even couldn't manage to defeat five subway trainers. I took my time on learning battle skill and i began to do much better. You need to focus on your battle skill thats all.

Last edited:

Noctis

Finally back after some family problems
Years
Thanks for the help guys. I am still just learning how to be competitive so I'm starting with earlier generations.

Years
Gonna throw in my 2 cents and also recommend EV training. It's super tedious in games before XY, but absolutely necessary in Unova's Subway/World Tournament.

As far as I can remember (I may be wrong), most of the opposing Pokémon in these facilities are essentially EV trained, which gives them a massive advantage over a team that hasn't been trained similarly, and will explain why it gets so difficult the higher you progress.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The closest thing I remember there being to a "magic team" for the Battle Subway was something involving Truant Durant with Entrainment, but I don't remember the specifics. It doesn't matter either way, it's not really possible to get a HA Durant anymore on the Gen 5 games.

And yeah, if you're interested in beating the Battle Subway/Tower/Maison/Tree, and getting into competitive battling, learning about EVs and IVs and natures is imperative. In Gen 5 though, I wouldn't worry much about IV breeding. Every bit helps, but it's not enough of a deal to bother with the effort required to breed for 5IV pokes in the Unova games. Where you want to start really giving a shit about IVs is in Gens 6 and 7, where it's infinitely easier to breed for good IVs, starting with XY. For now, proper EVs and natures and movesets will be enough to cause a significant increase in performance for you.

I'll have to think some to try to come up with team ideas/options for good pokes to use. It's been years since I've done the Subway, and I don't remember if I ever beat it or not (though I do remember at least making it to the Subway bosses a few times).

Last edited:
Back