• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Guys.
GUYS.

Fennekin.
IT'S SALLY ACORN FROM SAT AM.

I'M SERIOUS.

Also, Froakie - I don't know if anyone has picked up on this, but it has that curly hair - possibly an afro? Or foam? Foam is "afros" in... I think Greek. Won't you know it, his afro thing represents seafoam. And judging from the just stated theory, it will get Head Charge on future evolutions, because you can't fault a Japanese name (Head Charge = Afro Break). IT'S TOO EASY

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
So, I saw a picture of what the final evolved forms of these three might look like:
Spoiler:

Now, I know this is just fanart, but the final evolution of Chespin looks awesome :D I wonder if they'll look anything like this...

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
So, I saw a picture of what the final evolved forms of these three might look like:
Spoiler:

Now, I know this is just fanart, but the final evolution of Chespin looks awesome :D I wonder if they'll look anything like this...
If they end up anything like that, I might just have to choose Froakie. That frog looks like very Blastoise-esque (i.e. awesome).

Also, I will laugh heartily if Fennekin turns into a Fire/Fighting type. 1. because it hardly looks like it would evolve into a Fire/Fighting type, and 2. Game Freak are likely trolling.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I love chespin and I'm so choosing it. I wonder if it'll be a dark type in it's final evolution. Fennekin does seem to become a Psychic type. Also, if Froakin became a Fighting type, then...

Their second types...
Chespin would beat Fennekin
Fennekin would beat Froakin
Froakin would beat Chespin.

On their first types
Chespin would beat Froakin, Fennekin would beat Chespin, Froakin would beat Chespin - duh.

This would be the first time they did this.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I'm shocked. I hate the water starter and love the fire and grass ones? That NEVER happens! I'm going to have to USE A FIRE TYPE on this one?! WAT? It's...so....ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! *explodes*

The frog is just a dumb design, plus I heard a rumor that it was going to evolve into Water/Fighting, which I hate. I mean, look at that face... it looks so depressed with itself. Dang, now I have started to like it. But if it's Water/Fighting I probs won't use it...

h1A798B95

Except if it evolved into that. That would be BEAUTIFUL. It looks like an evil Santa demon!

as if I actually had a 3DS...

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Also, I will laugh heartily if Fennekin turns into a Fire/Fighting type. 1. because it hardly looks like it would evolve into a Fire/Fighting type, and 2. Game Freak are likely trolling.

I agree; Fennekin really don't look like it could become Fire/Fighting unless it evolved/Digivolved into Renamon, which would be very bad because Fennekin is already too cute for its own good... y_y
That and people really COULD start saying that the Pokemon look like Digimon...

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I'm shocked. I hate the water starter and love the fire and grass ones? That NEVER happens! I'm going to have to USE A FIRE TYPE on this one?! WAT? It's...so....ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! *explodes*

The frog is just a dumb design, plus I heard a rumor that it was going to evolve into Water/Fighting, which I hate. I mean, look at that face... it looks so depressed with itself. Dang, now I have started to like it. But if it's Water/Fighting I probs won't use it...

h1A798B95

Except if it evolved into that. That would be BEAUTIFUL. It looks like an evil Santa demon!

as if I actually had a 3DS...

Froakin does seem like a fighting type. If Chespin becomes a Dark type and Fennekin a Psychic type then there is another circle of type advantages where each starter can beat the other two.

Are these evolutions confirmed or are they fan made?
By the way, where did you guys see these news? For example, where did you see the revelation of the legendary pokémon's names?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
By the way, where did you guys see these news? For example, where did you see the revelation of the legendary pokémon's names?
The legendary names are on Serebii. They usually fact-check their postings before they go up for reliability, so we can trust they are accurate. They have no information on starter evolutions, however.

Also, since this is a Starters thread, here's an image I also posted in the chat thread of a Fennekin plushie.

Spoiler:
Want. Cute.

Now, seeing the image above this post, IF those evolutions are true, then we have two of my predictions looking accurate; Grass/Ground for Chespin's evolution (a mole is a Ground creature) and Fire/Psychic (nothing here indicates Psychic; I go by the move used in the trailer). My second guess for Water/Fighting looks like it might be coming to life in that case instead of Water/Poison (a frog comes across as poisonous at times, but the evolution is no longer a frog in a sense and looks like a macho warrior of some type).

Cyclone

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Back to the grass/fire starter choices for me.

Gen I: I almost always selected Charmander. Fire breathing lizard that evolves into a fire breathing dragon? The others don't even come close. Fire starter generation all the way.

Gen II: I found the Johto variety bland, but I typically chose Chikorita for its cuteness and preserving its general appearance throughout evolution. I've experimented with the others but this was predominantly a grass starter generation for me.

Gen III: This followed the trend of the first gen. as I was given the choice of another lizard Pokemon that evolves into a raptor/dinosaur like creature. I found this generation's starters preferable to first gen. but Treecko again dominated starter selection for me. Second in a row for grass starter generations.

Gen IV: The variety of Sinnoh Pokemon was awful and with such a terrible lack of fire types, I went with Chimchar despite its goofy looking final form. I liked Turtwig's family better but there was more to choose from for grass types in Sinnoh. It's close, but it's a return of the fire starter generation, with grass coming in at a very close second.

Gen V: Black & White broke the trend, giving us an ugly fire type family and a weak grass type family, so I went with water type Oshawott. It looked better overall and fixed my issue with finding a suitable water type for my team roster. Fifth generation was a water starter generation.

Gen VI: This can go either way, with my final verdict hinging on the move-set availability, stats, and evolutions of the three starters. If Froakie's evolutions turn out to be far more visually appealing than the other two, it might be a second term for a water starter generation, but as of right now it's a toss up between Fennekin and Chespin.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Froakie kind of reminds me of Cyclos and Zephos from Zelda:
Spoiler:

But that's just me!

Those starters up there look kinda cool, though Fennekin's slightly odd, I wouldn't mind those being the actual evolutions! I will probably end up picking Chespin. :3
Charmander > Cyndaquil > Treecko > Chimchar > Oshawott was my previous first choices, I guess I tend to go for fire types more but not just for the sake of them being fire types.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I kind of hope they don't do the fire/psychic, grass/dark and water/fighting. People are speculating this is what the dual types will be and are even saying it is confirmed! They are basing this off the moves the three used in the video, which does support this theory pretty well...

What do you guys think about this theory? Do you like it?

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I like Fennekin the best, it looks bland, like a yellow Zorua (I love Zorua anyway sooo... xD) but the other's look bland too, Froakie, frog with foam. Chespin, beaver (I think? xD) with a grass hat, and weird tail.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I kind of hope they don't do the fire/psychic, grass/dark and water/fighting. People are speculating this is what the dual types will be and are even saying it is confirmed! They are basing this off the moves the three used in the video, which does support this theory pretty well...

What do you guys think about this theory? Do you like it?
I'm venturing that Grass/Dark will NOT be a combination for the starter. HOWEVER, one thing that supports the theory is the use of Psychic and Fighting as possible sub-types, so if they were to use the other triangle in conjunction with the original three, it would create an opposite triangle in that the evolutions are weak to each other in reverse order...Fennekin's evolution with Psychic would knock out the Water/Fighting easily, and so on. Starters against each other would then come down to speed.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I'm venturing that Grass/Dark will NOT be a combination for the starter. HOWEVER, one thing that supports the theory is the use of Psychic and Fighting as possible sub-types, so if they were to use the other triangle in conjunction with the original three, it would create an opposite triangle in that the evolutions are weak to each other in reverse order...Fennekin's evolution with Psychic would knock out the Water/Fighting easily, and so on. Starters against each other would then come down to speed.

Cyclone

I don't like the idea of the type triangle being messed up, but I am always open for change, and will judge it when I actually play it. But I would still prefer different dual types for the starters.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
The frog needs a redesign asap that thing looks worst than oshawott my god

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
Years
Wow! I never liked picking the fire starter, EVER! Now i'm definitely picking the fire type just because of my obsession with Fennekin! He's soooo friggin adorable! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back