• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon True Story

Years
Well, for the pikachu, it was a choice for the proportions. But that's right I didn't tought about the change of rezolution. I will perhaps change it to a bigger sprite, but not too big.

Edit : I also put u in the credits, the minigame is not in this demo but that's not a reason :p.

@ Tim_0wnz and Waudby : Thank u to read the thread before posting. I already know that people think it is too small but I dont know yet if I will change it or not.

Last edited:

Waudby

I think it would be a good idea to change it and it wouldn't be too hard as it should be easy to scale it up, just open it in paint and stretch it by 200% to get it double the size, It should mess the proportions up at all. and it may look better, try it and post a screenshot of what it's liek so that people can vote on it.

Years
Uh? I see u have never really done a sprite... Do u know that paint means no transparency?

I never said it was difficult to do it, I said I didn't knew yet if I would make it greater or not.

Waudby

But doesn't rmxp let you import with transparency of a certain colour?

The last time I used it, that's how I did it.

Years
Yeah, but if the same color is used somewhere else on the picture, u loose it too.

But that's not the subject, it has nothing to do with the game itself.

Years
Will we see Ho-ho at the start of this like the series ?

Sorry, I hadn't seen your answer. Yes there will be Ho-ho. Changes are being made in the pokemon center of viridian. I will modify the events and the discussion about Ho-ho with Prof. Oak will be a part of it.

I just cannot do it right now, because my computer has crashed last friday. It's being repaired but I have to wait until tomorrow, normally, to have it back.

Years
Found a glitch when you double click on the game to execute it, it opens and then it crashes.
"Game.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience".
Not sure if it is a download problem but I just thought I would let you know.
Too bad it does that, I was really looking forward to playing such a great game.

Years
Found a glitch when you double click on the game to execute it, it opens and then it crashes.
"Game.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience".
Not sure if it is a download problem but I just thought I would let you know.
Too bad it does that, I was really looking forward to playing such a great game.

Strange. Is it crashing everytime u try? If yes, could u answer some questions : have u windows vista on your computer and have u rpgmaker installed on your computer?

Something else : I'm always looking for graphists. I can do all the scripting and basics things in graphisms like doors, charsets but I need help for harder things like sprites and tilesets.

For example, I need the Pokemon Center of Pewter City like it is in the anime, but that's too hard for me, I'm not skilled enough to do such things. Everyone who is interested can PM me or add me on msn, my msn adress is in my profile.

Last edited:
Years
I dont know where it can come from. Does anyone have the same thing?

In the past I know I have tried this out. I remember downloading it. But I went ahead and re-downloaded it to see if I could mimic what is happening. I am unsure if this is the same error or not but I can offer you more information as to what is happening. I get two error windows... the normal Game.exe has encountered an error and must close.....

I also get an error message "The instruction at "0x100ce1a3" referenced memory at 0x100ce1a3". The memory could not be "read"."

I personally do not know what this means, but I hope it helps in some way.

So you know I am using Windows XP SP2.

Years
In the past I know I have tried this out. I remember downloading it. But I went ahead and re-downloaded it to see if I could mimic what is happening. I am unsure if this is the same error or not but I can offer you more information as to what is happening. I get two error windows... the normal Game.exe has encountered an error and must close.....

I also get an error message "The instruction at "0x100ce1a3" referenced memory at 0x100ce1a3". The memory could not be "read"."

I personally do not know what this means, but I hope it helps in some way.

So you know I am using Windows XP SP2.

I just get:
Game.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Years
We will see if it keeps doing it in the next version.

By the way, I have some news : the caterpillard has been improved. Now it contains surfing, running, jumping and cycling. I must thank Poccil once again for his starterkit. It's very well made and so it was easy to find the functions I needed and use them in my caterpillar event.

Years
Some news :

-I've corrected the problem with the shadows caused by the lamps during day. I've also put shadows to the characters of the caterpillar.
-I've added shadows caused by the sunlight. It will move according to the time of day and it will obviously appear only on sunny days.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Nice game! I like the idea of making the storyline of the original anime into a game. However, I'm having trouble with 4shard.com so can you please upload it onto another website, say Megaupload or Rapidshare? Thanks!

Years
That's been a long time since I've given the last news.
So here is what I'm doing for the moment :

I'm modifying the event at Viridian City's pokemon center in such a way that it behave much like the anime. It takes a long time because the event is really longer than before and I try to go into the details.
For example, I put a new fog and I put graphics for the talk with Prof. Oak (click on it to see the animation):

I've also made an hour script wich will be used to change the hour in the game for some events (the bugs have been solved by Wichu, many thanks to him).

Years
Yes, I will put a rapishare version, but I have to finish the modifications in the Pokemon center before. And I have also to finish translating into english to make it understandable by everybody here :p.
So let me time to finish this and to finish my exams (I've a last one wednesday and after I'm in hollydays).

Back