• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorites?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
My favorite pokemon changes all the time. Right now it's shaymin, but Mudkip is still high up there. Porygon and absol are pretty high up too, while cutiefly seems to have lost some of it's charm :(

Years
My favorite Pokemon will always be Butterfree, and has been for as long as I can remember (I had a Butterfree card imported from Japan before the Jungle Set came out in North America, which was back in '99, so it's been a little while to say the least). There are a bunch of Pokemon that have slowly made their way up my list of favorites over the years, but my #1 will never change.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Its been relatively consistent since Gen IV with Buizel and Infernape occupying the top two spots ever since my first playthrough of Diamond. Otherwise there have been slight movements the rest of the way as new pokemon have been introduced, i.e Greninja, Lycanroc and Tsareena, or as old pokemon have become more awesome to me, i.e Hitmonchan and Poochyena. My longest tenured top 10 mon is Totodile as it has been been there ever since I first played with it in my first game ever.

Also, I've noticed an extreme dominance of water types in this list even though I've always said my favorite type is Fighting, seems I may need to rethink that xD

Top 10:
1. Buizel
2. Infernape
3. Tsareena
4. Lycanroc-Midday
5. Greninja
6. Hitmonchan
7. Totodile
8. Poochyena
9. Corphish
10. Frogadier

icycatelf

Alex
Years
My top favorites list tends to shift around a bit, but I think my #1 has only changed a couple times. My first real favorite was Ho-Oh after wiping-out the majority of my cousin's team with one (my first time ever beating him at a video game) and it remained my favorite for a decade. Now I consider Dunsparce my favorite and have for about 7 years, though more for nostalgic reasons than design/usability. Wartortle, Lickitung, and Froslass are really high up there as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Top favorites include most of the gen 2 dex, and then varying Pokemon from other regions

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Crobat. I can't remember the name, but one of the villains in Ruby/Sapphire had one. I thought how cool it looked and wanted to use one, and ended up using it on nearly every team. Something about it is appealing to me. I have other favorites, but I don't like them as much as Crobat.

string555

Banned
Years
Blastoise was my favorite for a good while when I first got into Pokemon. It was one of the only (If not THE only) Pokemon cards from the first 3 sets that could take out Charizard in one turn (Fully energized Hydro Pump x2 weakness :P)

Then my favorite was Haunter for a while, because for some reason I never traded it and traded back with anyone to get Gengar. :X

Then around the time I finally discovered EV training, I got my hands on a Gengar and went through the whole process. As I leveled him up, I was amazed at how much his Sp. Atk. stat went up just from one level. Ever since then, Gengar has been my favorite.

Not to say that there aren't many others that I really like, though. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2021
I know it's an odd number but it was way too hard to exclude some.

1. Sceptile
2. Venusaur
3. Cacturne
4. Garchomp
5. Mandibuzz
6. Beedrill
7. Mawile
8. Scyther
9. Noivern
10. Alakazam

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
I'm not one who tends to make favoritisms, but I can tell you that
there's a few that I have a slight bias for...

-
255MS.png
256MS.png
257MS.png
Torchic/combusken/blaziken : my first starter line in my first game, a sapphire cartridge my sister lended me years ago. On Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Sky I opted for a she-torchic as partner, and her mirror move will come quite handy in the final battle;
-
261MS.png
262MS.png
Poochyena/mightyena : blah, blah, first catch being shiny, sister contributed(and asked me if I wanted to capture him), had only one other legitimate shiny(a wingull) that couldn't make it to diamond;
-
155MS.png
156MS.png
157MS.png
Cyndaquil/quilava/typhlosion : the chapette who introduced me to the games chose cyndaquil on her crystal cartridge, which if I'm not mistaken was her first game;
-
130sMS.png
Shiny gyarados : still sis' stuff. Those familiar with gen2 core games and/or remakes can understand.
-
263MS.png
676MS.png
Zigzagoon & furfrou : they remind me of somebody I miss...
-
417MS.png
Pachirisu : one of Dawn's team members(anime), one of the starting partners in Shadows of Almia(and one of the best partners according to many) but wait! There's more!
Spoiler:

Again, there's so many designs, even the simplest having an intricate study behind,
many species having relevant roles in games & sidegames, there's the animated series,
a whole team could revolve around forgotten sidegames(I'm often on Showdown's DOU
ladder using a team based off the Go-Rock Quads) or even symbolisms (I've made a
team that could represent anyone... "You mysterious entity would like to battle!").
Okay, I cannot bear myself to choose two ice cream flavors for a cone without somebody
else deciding, the use of a coin flip or a dice roll, but I'm honestly surprised somebody could
express preferences easily with all this magnificence!

Last edited:
Back