The Bulletin Board Sometimes interesting things happen... it'd be a shame for you to miss them. Check here for new events and changes big and small around the community.

Old September 9th, 2018 (1:52 AM). Edited September 9th, 2018 by Raichu.

Hi Everyone,

I’m very excited to announce that Pomador Media has officially become a part of PC.
    For those of you who don’t know Pomador already, Pomador is an Israeli company that specialize in managing websites and creating the best user experience possible.

Our story with PC begins a few months ago, when we first encountered the community.
    We found a beautiful veteran community that has not reached its full potential yet.
    It was love at first sight and we immediately decided that we want to be a part of it.
    Last week we finally completed the first step - server’s migration, so we thought now it’s a good time to introduce ourselves and our plans for PC.

What’s going to happen in the next months:

1. As most of you are using this website on mobile devices, we started to work on a more responsive website look. Today on mobile, you’re seeing the same website version you see on desktops, just smaller. We’re adjusting this look to be compatible with mobile devices.

2. We have two types of ads on PC today: banner / image ads and text ads on top of forum messages. In the near future, we’ll remove the text ads for a cleaner experience on the site. We find these ads intrusive and misleading, instead we’ll add a few image ads. The ads experience will be clearer, you’ll know exactly what is an ad and what is not. Not like today where you can accidentally click on a text ad.

3. Pages are now taking a very substantial time to load. This is to be somewhat expected from a website that's been built patch over patch for the past 15 years. Our goal here is to improve the tech infrastructure. Hopefully, by the end of this process, pages will load much faster and smoother.

We wanted to thank Steve, the previous owner for the smooth hand off.
    We also wanted to thank the entire staff for helping us over the past few months with the process and we are looking forward to getting to know the rest of the community and helping PC become even better than it already is.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to ping me on Discord under @gilpom or email me at gil@pomador.com
    Old September 9th, 2018 (2:11 AM). Edited September 9th, 2018 by Raichu.

Nature: Naive
    Spoiler:

We're excited to be working together with Gil and the others, and we're confident PC has nothing but a bright future ahead of itself now. Thank you all for supporting the community that all members helped shape and will continue to care for together. If you have any questions, feel free to direct them to any Administrator or to Sharmanti/Gil.

Now, let's get to work!
    Old September 9th, 2018 (2:12 AM).
    This is fine.

Nature: Jolly
    I for one welcome our new overlords. :V

Good to have you guys on board - I look forward to seeing how we move PC onwards. =)
    Quote:
    2. We have two types of ads on PC today: banner / image ads and text ads on top of forum messages. In the near future, we’ll remove the text ads for a cleaner experience on the site. We find these ads intrusive and misleading, instead we’ll add a few image ads. The ads experience will be clearer, you’ll know exactly what is an ad and what is not. Not like today where you can accidentally click on a text ad.
    A million times yes to this - the various text ads were something that's been an issue for years and imho an active contributor to pushing people away from PC.
    Old September 9th, 2018 (2:15 AM).

Welcome :). Looking forward to the future, your initial thoughts are spot on.
    Old September 9th, 2018 (2:15 AM).

Nature: Sassy
    ^_^
    Old September 9th, 2018 (2:22 AM).
    a moment apart

it's really hard to express the joy im feeling in text rn. all i can say is that im excited for pc's future with the new owners on board! n.n
    Old September 9th, 2018 (2:46 AM).

I'm very glad to see this moment and I too look forward to the future. :D
    Old September 9th, 2018 (3:23 AM).

short of literally never posting again, nothing pomador could do would be more lacklustre than what the bargain bin dan schneider managed to achieve in his tenure. so, on that note, i genuinely wish your team well in their endeavours and that you make do on your mission statements!
    Old September 9th, 2018 (3:45 AM).

Nature: Modest
    We have a very bright future ahead of us :)

Administrator

Old September 9th, 2018 (3:47 AM). Edited September 9th, 2018 by Mewtwolover.
    Mewtwo worshiper

Nature: Naughty
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sharmanti View Post
      We wanted to thank Steve, the previous owner for the smooth hand off.
      So Pomador owns the PC now, am I right?
      Old September 9th, 2018 (3:53 AM).
      Team Rocket!

Nature: Sassy
      We're so glad you have finally joined us. :D

[Shiny Living Dex 531]
      Old September 9th, 2018 (4:08 AM).

Nature: Naive
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mewtwolover View Post
      So Pomador owns the PC now, am I right?
      Yes. Domain ownership was transferred on the 26th of August afaik, and server move was just completed. Still some technical issues to work out (PokéCommunity is an old, messy behemoth...) but they're getting there.
      Old September 9th, 2018 (5:17 AM).
      Iron Flame!

Personaly, i dislike a company owning this community. But I might not be the only one feeling that. IF i am, then eh. I will just have to see what happens I guess.
      Old September 9th, 2018 (5:33 AM).
      (≧∇≦)/

Nature: Timid
      aaa I'm happy about this change and am excited to see how PC will grow going forward. We've already got a lot of ideas on how we want to improve the forum now that there is a smoother, more reliable way of doing so. Looking forward to working with you!! =')

pair family mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
      sheep x bobandbill 5ever
      Old September 9th, 2018 (5:45 AM).

Here's to PC's bright new future. Glad to have you guys here with us!

Old September 9th, 2018 (6:53 AM).
      From Dusk to Dawn

I suppose this explains the fluctuations happening recently on here?

Also, when I searched Pomador Media via Google I wasn't able to find anything. However, when I searched Pomador the first result I received was their LinkedIn page, which lead to me to what i perceive as their home page. Worthy of note I wasn't able to find their home page via search engine.

That said, unless i'm missing something here, isn't saying Pomador Media a bit misleading, since from what I can gather Pomador is an equity firm that "scale[s] our portfolio assets into large, meaningful websites and recognized brands"---which in this case PC qualifies as a "portfolio asset."

Also, another question, is Pomador a public company & have shareholders?

Social Media Handles
        Discord SirSpur#1123
        Twitter SirSpur
        Instagram SirSpur
        Gab.ai SirSpur
        Diaspora SirSpur
        Old September 9th, 2018 (7:03 AM).
        yes they change

Nature: Calm
        This is fantastic news. Looking forward to how Pomador will affect this website. Welcome!
        Old September 9th, 2018 (7:38 AM).

And it's about time, too! Haha, I'm sure PokéCommunity is safe in the hands of its new owners. :D

Here's to a brighter future!
        Old September 9th, 2018 (7:52 AM).

A step in the right direction for PC. Excited to see what the future holds!
        Old September 9th, 2018 (8:11 AM).
        coolcoolcool

Nature: Relaxed
        I trust this move is what PC needs to move to the next level! Excited to see what unfolds from here, exciting things ahead I’m sure!

Old September 9th, 2018 (8:25 AM).
        In too deep inside these streets aligned.

Nature: Lonely
        Ah, so that's why the website wasn't accessible for a day a few days ago, huh?

Good luck to the new owners. I'm sure this is a change for the better.
        Old September 9th, 2018 (8:25 AM).

Nature: Gentle
        I too am loving this change for the positive and I can only look forward for PC’s future. <33
        Old September 9th, 2018 (9:21 AM).
        Zeak #3205 - Discord

Nature: Calm
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by CrimsonMajestic View Post
          I suppose this explains the fluctuations happening recently on here?

Also, when I searched Pomador Media via Google I wasn't able to find anything. However, when I searched Pomador the first result I received was their LinkedIn page, which lead to me to what i perceive as their home page. Worthy of note I wasn't able to find their home page via search engine.

That said, unless i'm missing something here, isn't saying Pomador Media a bit misleading, since from what I can gather Pomador is an equity firm that "scale[s] our portfolio assets into large, meaningful websites and recognized brands"---which in this case PC qualifies as a "portfolio asset."

Also, another question, is Pomador a public company & have shareholders?
          I want to know as well because i couldnt find anything on the company that now owns a community ive been with for over 5yrs now. I want to know about the company more in a bussiness matter.
          Old September 9th, 2018 (9:48 AM).
          Iron Flame!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Zeak6464 View Post
          I want to know as well because i couldnt find anything on the company that now owns a community ive been with for over 5yrs now. I want to know about the company more in a bussiness matter.
          Thats actually a good question, because that would count as a big difference of what happens, i would think at least.
          Old September 9th, 2018 (10:55 AM).

Before I get in-depth here, just wanna comment that I'm super excited to see the ownership transfer finally be complete, and PC's future is no longer in question. Honestly I was quite skeptical that this day would even come, so to see a formal announcement from a new owner fills me with determination. It's also quite nice to see a few old faces here, albeit probably just for one last time (Here's looking at you, Adri!) but this announcement is huge and very exciting.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Her View Post
          short of literally never posting again, nothing pomador could do would be more lacklustre than what the bargain bin dan schneider managed to achieve in his tenure. so, on that note, i genuinely wish your team well in their endeavours and that you make do on your mission statements!
          I'm quite excited that there's better management here now, so I concur with you on that statement.

Quote:
          1. As most of you are using this website on mobile devices, we started to work on a more responsive website look. Today on mobile, you’re seeing the same website version you see on desktops, just smaller. We’re adjusting this look to be compatible with mobile devices.

3. Pages are now taking a very substantial time to load. This is to be somewhat expected from a website that's been built patch over patch for the past 15 years. Our goal here is to improve the tech infrastructure. Hopefully, by the end of this process, pages will load much faster and smoother.
          1. The New UI as we've dubbed it is very good in that regard, I can't wait for it to fully roll out to the entire memberbase. Using the desktop site on mobile for many years wasn't the best.

2. Having been a supporter on PC for many, many years, I've forgotten how bad the experience can be with ads here. It's good to see that the text ads will finally be going away, they've been a nuisance for many years, even breaking some posts I've made.

3. Let's hope that all works out. In the past I've seen other devs here commenting on how bad vBulletin was written, so I understand why it's so bad.

And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death.

But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin.

I coveted that wind, I suppose.

Moderator of Internet & Technology - Signature Image

Quick Reply