• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[16.2+] Weather system and Weather encounters.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
When I installed the weather encounter script
Iget this error
Script '311' line Weather: NameError occured.

uninitialized constant PBFieldWeather::Ash
I i stalled both weather and weather encounter script

prefer if you didn't double post. as its says its not been set up as a fieldweather thus it cant appear
i've got ash, foggy, wind and moonlight as custom weather and they all worked just as normal weathers.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 27, 2021
prefer if you didn't double post. as its says its not been set up as a fieldweather thus it cant appear
i've got ash, foggy, wind and moonlight as custom weather and they all worked just as normal weathers.

What should I do then.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Well the script was made for v16/17 and i dont have actual experience in v18. but i see your problem, its actually a mistake by me. in options go to the top or where its "PokemonSystem" add
"attr_accessor :weather" after battlestyle, then again in "def Initialize", "@weather = 0 # disable weather or not (0=enabled, 1=disabled)" after @battlestyle.

this was made so you can toggle weather off (either manually or with a setting as weather can lag with followers in v16/17 atleast) that should do it, but might need to open your settings and change one to fix it (as its done in there)

hopefully that helps, i can try and help if more errors come for v18; plan to rework this script for v17 soon just to make it easier to use/more plug-and-play

I get this error
Script '310' line Weather: SyntaxError occured.

compile error

310:Weather:30: syntax error, unexpected ']', expecting $end
when I change the script to this
CONDITIONCHANGETIME = 24 # Default 24 hours
WEATHERCHANGETIME = 6 # Default 6 hours
CONDITIONS = [
"Warm"],
["Neutral"],
["Cold"],
["Freezing"],
["Abnormal"]
]
WARMWEATHER = [
PBFieldWeather::Sun,1], #50%
[PBFieldWeather::None,51], #40%
[PBFieldWeather::Ash,91], #8%
[PBFieldWeather::Drought,99] #2%
]

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
What should I do then.

I get this error
Script '310' line Weather: SyntaxError occured.

compile error

310:Weather:30: syntax error, unexpected ']', expecting $end
when I change the script to this
CONDITIONCHANGETIME = 24 # Default 24 hours
WEATHERCHANGETIME = 6 # Default 6 hours
CONDITIONS = [
"Warm"],
["Neutral"],
["Cold"],
["Freezing"],
["Abnormal"]
]
WARMWEATHER = [
PBFieldWeather::Sun,1], #50%
[PBFieldWeather::Ash,91], #8%
[PBFieldWeather::Drought,99] #2%
]

Again you're posting and referecing the same thing. what i see is you mean MY custom weathers are causing issues not yours. just remove ash, drought, eclipse etc. any weathers that arent official/cause errors. or replace with your custom ones (just make sure the number at the end will add upto 101 (with %age for the last weather)

partually my fault there.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Can this work peV18.1 and also this script work with visible overworld encounter script and also i want different location with different weather pokemons encounters sorry for my bad english

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Can this work peV18.1 and also this script work with visible overworld encounter script and also i want different location with different weather pokemons encounters sorry for my bad english

multiple post above mentioning v18, and after tinkering it works fine. I use Visible overworlds and its fine

and you want different choices of pokemon for different locations? will have to make a seperate list of all the weathers then a check for the region
do have a different weather encounter script that just uses the encounters.txt which would solve this issue, however its not very smooth so don't want to share just yet.

Years
multiple post above mentioning v18, and after tinkering it works fine. I use Visible overworlds and its fine

and you want different choices of pokemon for different locations? will have to make a seperate list of all the weathers then a check for the region
do have a different weather encounter script that just uses the encounters.txt which would solve this issue, however its not very smooth so don't want to share just yet.

Does this work with v19?

Years
not tested in v18 let alone v19, it SHOULD be okay, but best to test yourself, and report back to me, might not be able to help, but cant actually say if it'll work or not.

It would definitely be a great addition to my game, as i have over 890 pokemon's in my fan game. And having some sort of weather system that allows certain Pokemon to spawn will make it easier for me to implement more Pokemon's without it being immersion breaking.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
How can add overworld weather graphics for this script

Overworld weather is field weather, you need to add it yourself and add the animations too, i can't help with that if you need more, but its just the field weather for the animations, this script doesnt need weather graphics.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Hi, thanks for sharing this script!
I am upgrading my game in V 17 to V19.1 and this script is key in the playability of my project.

Is it possible to upgrade to V 19.1? I tried, but I have serious problems to find a replacement for PBFieldWeather in CONDITIONS.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hi, thanks for sharing this script!
I am upgrading my game in V 17 to V19.1 and this script is key in the playability of my project.

Is it possible to upgrade to V 19.1? I tried, but I have serious problems to find a replacement for PBFieldWeather in CONDITIONS.

I'm not personally using v19.1 so not 100% sure, but if you find what can set the weather by scripts in v19 it may help (either by the tutorial maps or looking around) as im sure field weather exists there but probably in a better/different form.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I'm not personally using v19.1 so not 100% sure, but if you find what can set the weather by scripts in v19 it may help (either by the tutorial maps or looking around) as im sure field weather exists there but probably in a better/different form.

Indeed I tried to find a V19 version without success and in the V19.1 version
Code:
PBFieldWeather
was removed so I can't find the replacement for:

Code:
WARMWEATHER = [ 
  [PBFieldWeather::Sun,1], #50%
  [PBFieldWeather::None,91], #8%
  [PBFieldWeather::Sun,99] #2%
]

I tried with Game Data but... Doesnt work

PD. As you can see, I'm not exactly the best scripter. :B

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Indeed I tried to find a V19 version without success and in the V19.1 version
Code:
PBFieldWeather
was removed so I can't find the replacement for:

Code:
WARMWEATHER = [ 
  [PBFieldWeather::Sun,1], #50%
  [PBFieldWeather::None,91], #8%
  [PBFieldWeather::Sun,99] #2%
]

I tried with Game Data but... Doesnt work

PD. As you can see, I'm not exactly the best scripter. :B

Huh okay strange. cant see anything mentioning a new way or smth, only an error with v19 that was fixed in v19.1. As i dont use v19 myself im not really sure. PField_Weather (script section) should still exist for v19 from what i can see.

Back