• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Glad that you like it, Ichiro will be happy hearing that :3

Also, I finally decided that Game Masters need to be able to double post at times. Please read the new rules. Hopefully it will help when Game Masters update with new chapters or info in OOC threads and such things.

>> Note on Double Posting: Consecutive posting is allowed in the Roleplay Forums only if

1) you are the GM. Game Masters may make consecutive posts in both their own OOC and main threads, if at least 48 hours has passed since your last post. Be sure to keep track of time!
2) your post has reached the maximum amount allowed in a single post on VBulletin, and can only be continued in a second post.

Any other circumstances must be brought to the moderator for approval before the consecutive post. Because otherwise you can simply edit your last post with the new text.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Interest check!

I've been entertaining the idea of doing an RP based on the Fullmetal Alchemist franchise, and wrote up a plot. Though, FMA is pretty old at this point and I have no idea how many current RPers are familiar with it. XD Basically it takes place in a parallel world of the series, where none of the canon characters exist (because things are easier that way).

Plot Idea

"The world faces a terrible crisis," The cold words of Fuhrer Klein rang like the rusted church bells of a demolished building in the young man's ears. "We – no, I have been ignoring the issue for far too long, and now our people are beginning to pay the price for my inability to act."

The year is 1913, and the country of Amestris is still recovering from the fallout of the Ishvalan Civil War that had taken seven years, and ended abruptly in 1908 when State Alchemists were sent to the East to remove finish the conflict. The war, which came about as a result of the neighbouring country of Aerugo playing on tensions between the alchemic government and religious Ishvalan people in order to weaken the nearby border, nearly completely decimated the Ishvalan population and created many anti-government groups down the road.

Shortly after the end of the civil war, a strange disease began to spread across Aerugo. There were few cases at first, but eventually it multiplied, and more and more fell ill to the bizarre epidemic. To those who caught the disease, it would begin as a simple cold, but over time more discrepancies would surface. Parts of the human body began to crystallize, their bodies becoming covered in hard, red stone. Eventually, they would become completely coated in this unbreakable stone, but were still very much alive, just immobile. For some reason, they lived on without human sustenance as well, as if their very existence was now to live on as these structures for an unknown reason.

Amestris' Fuhrer, Sebastian Klein, paid little attention to this outbreak in the other country, and instead of helping, increased border security to disallow outsiders from entering the nation. Some feared he was losing his touch with common sense in his old age, but he was still a scary old man, so very few stood up to him. The people of Amestris heard of the disease, xylica as it was eventually named, spreading to the other countries that bordered Amestris, until they were completely surrounded. However, Klein still did nothing, instead increasing security once again.

Finally, there was a recorded case in Amestris, in Central City of all places. Apparently an infected person had snuck into the country, and infected his countrymen! At this point, however, it was almost too late. The disease started to spread across the nation, but there was no foreseeable cure. Eventually, in his old age, Klein began looking at less… traditional methods. Panacea, the elixir of life. It was an alchemic legend that was told to cure any disease, but as far as anyone was aware, nobody had actually ever created the medicine. However, there were rumors that the people of Xing had done some useful research on it with their alkahestry.

Shortly after the first outbreak, the Fuhrer brought called a young State Alchemist into his office and assigned him a simple task: find a team of capable people and seek Panacea. In the meantime, the government was going to try other means, and since the elixir of life was nothing but legend, much like the Philosopher's Stone, both the State Alchemist and any who joined in his quest would start out as nothing but skeptical.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
^ We already went over this, but I'm in for this one.
Love FMA too much to pass up the opportunity, even if I don't roleplay anymore. *A*

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Hm...interesting. I think it would be fun to be in an FMA RP, it's just too bad Ed and Al won't be in it.

Never saw all of FMA, but i've seen most of it and, as none of the same characters are in it, I think i'd be okay. As you can tell from my signature, I do like it X3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The plot sounds really nice, and I would definitely join it if I remembered enough about FMA. Sadly, I don't remember much (the mechanics I mean, considering the canon characters won't be in it).

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I'd be interested but I don't know if I'd be able to join. I probably would anyways though. Now, would the mechanics of it be based on FMA's original anime, or the manga/brotherhood?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
So...don't mean to pry, but why wasn't there any of those RP awards? Just wondering.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I'd love to join a FMA RP! =D I love FMA, rereading the manga for the fifth time. Although, I do feel that it is sad that Ed and Al wouldn't be in it. Or Roy. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So...don't mean to pry, but why wasn't there any of those RP awards? Just wondering.

There will be soon, I'm just very busy this weekend xD Bear with the moderator who has an IRL life as well. Plus, you've got the whole month to vote, so it's not the end of the world if the thread doesn't come up in the first days of May, is it?

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
There will be soon, I'm just very busy this weekend xD Bear with the moderator who has an IRL life as well. Plus, you've got the whole month to vote, so it's not the end of the world if the thread doesn't come up in the first days of May, is it?

No, it is the end of the world. You have to post it on the first days of May. You have to.

On another note, no double post! =D

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2011
Are there any rules/guidelines to making an RP that would speed up the approval process? I'd love to make a pokemon RP but dont want to have a game thats unorthodox (if such a trait exists in RPland). ive been out of the RP scene for years but after signing up to these forums...my thirst for a good story has grown once again.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Are there any rules/guidelines to making an RP that would speed up the approval process? I'd love to make a pokemon RP but dont want to have a game thats unorthodox (if such a trait exists in RPland). ive been out of the RP scene for years but after signing up to these forums...my thirst for a good story has grown once again.

I am currently working on a guideline that helps with making RPs. XD Really, all one needs to know is that you need an original and fairly long plot, good grammar/spelling (since that can sometimes turn people off), a good SU and a good SU sheet (it is better to put in your own character SU in so they can see how good of an RPer you are, unless you aren't actually going to be in the actual RP), have rules, etc. Oh, wait, can't forget, a rating. =D If I didn't mention the latter, I think RHCP would have eaten me. :P

There is pretty much no unorthodox RPs. I am actually RPing in, probably, the most insane RP ever. And I don't think it's going away for a while...well, unless someone doesn't post, but that is an entirely different rant. =D

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2011
I am currently working on a guideline that helps with making RPs. XD Really, all one needs to know is that you need an original and fairly long plot, good grammar/spelling (since that can sometimes turn people off), a good SU and a good SU sheet (it is better to put in your own character SU in so they can see how good of an RPer you are, unless you aren't actually going to be in the actual RP), have rules, etc. Oh, wait, can't forget, a rating. =D If I didn't mention the latter, I think RHCP would have eaten me. :P

There is pretty much no unorthodox RPs. I am actually RPing in, probably, the most insane RP ever. And I don't think it's going away for a while...well, unless someone doesn't post, but that is an entirely different rant. =D

what's an SU? And for creating a new thread & getting it approved, is there a certain format? like plot, characters, rules etc or should i just plaster them all on the first post? Thanks in advance

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Nothing would speed up the approval process really. I'm pretty sure that they just go to our mod and they approve/disapprove it. But they're good with that. And unorthodox, in my opinion, is definitely something we need more of. hope that helps. You should put them all on the same post which would be the thread itself. I think that some of it is in the rules... but I'm not sure. SU is short for 'Sign-Up'; which, if you didn't know, is what someone puts forth as a sign up to your RP. You should check out some of the RP's to see how it works here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Accepted, obavijest~

I also added the latest accepted RPs into the Library's first section. Probably missed some xD

baseballa34657

Roleplaying Assasin
Years
I would just like to ask why some of you think that instead of journey RP's you should rather play the game? (I've heard people say this on PC before.) I personally think journey one's are good if there aren't many. Because in a Journey RP it's much more innovative and can go pretty much the way you want it, while the games are much more constricted. Any thoughts on the matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back