• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Info: Ideas Compendium

bobandbill

one more time
Years
The PokéCommunity Daily
Ideas Compendium

Not sure what sort of categories we have? What ideas are left sitting for others to claim, or which ones need your input or a push? Check this thread to get your bearings!

Here we have a description of the categories of articles (or article series, if you prefer) approved, and what ideas within those groupings have been pitched recently and their current status.

In this thread's early state, please suggest better names for categories! They will reflect what they are called on the Wordpress side, after all! I'll also edit in more comprehensive descriptions as I go.

Also note that there will be some overlap. E.g. if we have an article featuring work done by an artist, and then interview said artist for another article, this idea pitch will fall in both Interviews and Fan Art Feature

• Species Analysis
    These are a collection of articles about a Pokemon line! See this thread for discussion and info.
    [No articles] DISCUSSION THREAD THAT NEEDS ATTENTION!
    (First in line to be Eevee followed by Eeveelutions. To start after launch)

• Music
    Articles covering the music of Pokemon! This includes talking about music from the games/anime/movies/etc, fan remixes or covers, Top Ten style articles, and so forth.
    • RBY Music. General discussion about the music of the 1st gen games. Idea approved. Being written by Dragon.

• Battling
    All battling-related articles fit here! This includes guides, warstories, videos of battles and the like.
  • Fan Work Showcase
    Articles discussing or featuring works by Pokemon fans! These must be of Pokemon. These include:
    - Art Showcase (of the drawing/painting/pixel kind)
    - Writing Showcase (of the word kind)
    - Hack Showcase (Rom hack, that is)
    - Other Fanwork Showcase (I.e. stuff that doesn't fall into the above - e.g. music remixers, Twitch Plays, etc)

UNDERGOING DISCUSSION HERE! Focus on art showcase here. To start after launch.
    • Hack of the Month feature Monthly feature for winners of HotM. Undergoing discussion, series of articles. Volunteers wanted!

• Interviews
    Interviews held with PC members or otherwise! Restricted to real people, however. These include the First Experiences line.
    [No Articles yet]. Discussion of series here.

• First Experiences
    Interviews conducted within Pokemon gaming sections on the PC Forums, about people's first experiences with the games..
    • First time playing Pokemon. Idea approved. Practically completed by Achromatic, awaiting the launch and maybe a cover image pending design of the wordpress side.
    • 20 days of Pokemon Memories. To be pitched shortly by Jake.

• Mock Interviews
    Not to be confused with the above! Mock Interviews are interviews with fictional Pokemon characters.
    [No articles yet proposed.]

• Forum Feature
    Articles talking about our forum sections and why they're awesome! These articles are not to be made frequently, however.
  • News
    Anything covering new announcements about the Pokemon games/anime/movies/manga/etc! However, these (and only these articles) may skip the Ideas process for major/sudden news.
    [No news until launch. Possible news articles: Superbowl ad info, and RBY re-release info.]

• Other
    Articles that does not fit the above! Spooky.
    • The Opening Post! The first article that will be posted. Idea approved, draft written, looking for minor edits now. By bobandbill.
  • Pokemon Game Plot Analysis articles Series pitched by bobandbill, articles for Kanto/Johto/Hoenn games already written elsewhere by bobandbill/Bay Alexison. Editing required first following discussion on the series.

Last updated by bobandbill; css by Achromatic

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I have an idea: 10 Pokemon We Love to Hate! We could hold a community thread/poll then write it up.
Also, we could have a mock article series like Pokemon Characters, where are they now? And we could have a hypothetical of where like Gary Oak or Dawn or Tracey, etc. is now.

Also, I think a Staff Collab of Favorite Pokemon could be cool too. Like back in the day when I wrote on another site we did this for 3DS games and it was pretty cool to see everyone's different opinions. Also, for the UG we could have a salt of the week article however idk how serious PC Daily is intended to be so maybe, maybe not. :p

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I have an idea: 10 Pokemon We Love to Hate! We could hold a community thread/poll then write it up.
Also, we could have a mock article series like Pokemon Characters, where are they now? And we could have a hypothetical of where like Gary Oak or Dawn or Tracey, etc. is now.

Also, I think a Staff Collab of Favorite Pokemon could be cool too. Like back in the day when I wrote on another site we did this for 3DS games and it was pretty cool to see everyone's different opinions. Also, for the UG we could have a salt of the week article however idk how serious PC Daily is intended to be so maybe, maybe not. :p
Heads up - this thread isn't for pitching article ideas. ;p It's merely to be a reference point for article ideas. (It also needs to be updated now). Try making threads for each idea (one for multiple ideas may be crowded).

But quickly:
- Fine with the first idea although organising a forum poll may be hard with 700+ options, haha. Maybe need some organisation first on how we decide!
- 2nd idea also has potential imo
- Not sure what you mean about Staff Collab with Daily, may need more detail
- Weekly article on UG may be too frequent an article for a single PC section when Daily will be primarily about Pokemon rather than PC. We're fine with silly articles, but want a balance between PC forum-specific articles and others.

Back