The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old July 16th, 2007 (10:37 PM).
Straight-edge

in emerald, is there anyway to change the first pokemon.
    I've already changed the sprite, but i need to change the actual zigzagoon you fight after you pick a pokemon.

Dissolve's PokePet

Bunsin the level 53 Flareon!

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 16th, 2007 (10:39 PM). Edited July 16th, 2007 by bxela1.
    Jirachi's number 1 fan

how did you change the sprite?
      this might help my indexed png prob.

ADDED: regarding your problem.

Do you have spread? (comes with elitemap)

If you do, use spread and keep searching for the zigzagoon. Then edit all directions and you're done!

ADDED: I think it's number 208 in spread. I believe that is a zigzagoon (ignore the other pokemon in the frames)

WATCH THIS SPACE!
      Old July 16th, 2007 (10:47 PM).
      ohey

Nature: Jolly
      Quote:
      Does anyone have the Emerald pokeroms.ini file so that i can use BaseEdit for emerald. I have looked all over the place for it and i cannot find it. If not does anyone know how i could use a hex editor to change pokemon stats to make them better. I dont know what i need to look for.
      Sorry, they are not complete yet. The only discussion on Emerald Ini's are the following: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=92163&highlight=emerald+ini . This, however, does not have to do with BaseEdit, but instead, Advanced Text.

Quote:
      The script came from foulump, I just changed it from Cyndaquil to Totodile. It works fine. I get the Totodile, but when I battle, does that. I tried doing somethin other than using scratch, but it did the same thing.
      Hmm, sorry. I do not know what is causing the problem. Something must be wrong somewhere with the script. Try a different script. Also, what is the first thing you battled? That might also have something to do with it.

Quote:
      Is there a way to completely erase all of the maps in your ROM? I don't mean to take away the banks, etc.(although that would help too)I just want to make them blank maps. Thanks!
      Nope, sorry. Just erase the maps one at a time...:D

Quote:
      Ok, there's one more question I need answered and then I should be fine for at least today.

I downloaded elitemap a few days ago and read the rubikon tutorial.
      From what it told me, the script i have should work.
      Also, if anybody knows what an indexed PNG actually is, that would be great if they could tell me.
      Many people have this problem. Even I had this problem for about... 5 months! Anyway, try what I said here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2628123#post2628123
      It's the first question answered. Also, a PNG file is an image file. You can save in this format using Paint.

Quote:
      I know how to make script sorta, I want to know if you can make a script that can allow to travel to an Island that I created only after you beat the pokemon league. If this is Possible can you please tell me how to make the script or at least make or give me a tutorial on it. if not I want a script that can make you check to see if you beat the pokemon legue or not so you can access a new area.
      Yes it is possible, just find a flag that requires that says the Elite-Four have been defeated. Apply it to your script.

Quote:
      what are you doing this is not a chit chat topic.
      Quote:
      actually posted that so if somebody was on and was hiding, that they would prove me wrong by posting.
      Ok, guys that's enough. This discussion is for help with Fan-hacking, let's keep it this way, alright? ;)
      Also, we don't have to answer your question Blxea1, We do this out of the kindness of our hearts.

Quote:
      in emerald, is there anyway to change the first pokemon.
      I've already changed the sprite, but i need to change the actual zigzagoon you fight after you pick a pokemon.
      Sorry, that script is untouchble so-far. The only way to change this is to change the Zigzagoon sprite itself.

Hope it helped!
      -Hiidoran
      Old July 16th, 2007 (10:50 PM).
      Straight-edge

sorry, i meant overworld sprite. yesterday i spent bout an hour going down my hex editor changing every single [20 01] zigzagoon to [97 00]mew, i just got bored so i thoght i'd ask. and wit your index png problem, i had the same problem, i'm not quite sure what causes that. i just decided not to make new pokemon.:( sorry

Dissolve's PokePet

Old July 16th, 2007 (10:53 PM).
        Jirachi's number 1 fan

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Hiidoran View Post
          Also, a PNG file is an image file. You can save in this format using Paint.

So there's no difference between indexed and normal PNG then?

Quote:
          Also, we don't have to answer your question Blxea1, We do this out of the kindness of our hearts.

-Hiidoran
          That's what I was waiting for :P

WATCH THIS SPACE!
          Old July 16th, 2007 (10:54 PM). Edited July 16th, 2007 by Hiidoran.
          ohey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
          sorry, i meant overworld sprite. yesterday i spent bout an hour going down my hex editor changing every single [20 01] zigzagoon to [97 00]mew, i just got bored so i thoght i'd ask. and wit your index png problem, i had the same problem, i'm not quite sure what causes that. i just decided not to make new pokemon. sorry
          Like Bxela1 said, Use the program Spread. It edits Pokemon sprites.

Quote:
          So there's no difference between indexed and normal PNG then?
          Ah an indexed PNG. I'm not sure exactly what that is. I probably use them all the time, but I'm bad at "Tech-lingo". Sorry, Good luck; try googling it. Where exactly did you hear this term?
          Old July 16th, 2007 (11:13 PM).
          Jirachi's number 1 fan

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Hiidoran View Post
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Where exactly did you hear this term?
            unLZ.GBA won't let me upload my pokemon because they aren't indexed sprites.

Also, your idea on the other thread doesn't work for me. I had to put the 1st gba extension on 'game' because i have hide extensions off.

WATCH THIS SPACE!
            Old July 16th, 2007 (11:17 PM).

Quote:
              Yes it is possible, just find a flag that requires that says the Elite-Four have been defeated. Apply it to your script.
              I cannot find the flag. I don't even know where to look on this forum or any search.

I just want a tutorial on how to do it. so that after I beat the pokemon league the ferry will take me to my newly created Island.
              Old July 17th, 2007 (12:03 AM).
              ohey

Quote:
              I cannot find the flag. I don't even know where to look on this forum or any search.

I just want a tutorial on how to do it. so that after I beat the pokemon league the ferry will take me to my newly created Island.
              Sorry, but your not going to find an exact tutorial on what you want to do. Scriping takes a lot of trial-and-error to get right. I believe the flag given after beating the elite-four is "844". Though I am not sure. Read tutorials on Scripting, here at PC, and try to make a script yourself. :)
              Old July 17th, 2007 (12:20 AM).

Well...umm...okay...I dumped the GFX bank from FR in RSBall, but everything is still messed up in PET. And I got 2 more problems...
                1-Someone said I could use FR in AdvanceMap, well...I can't. Maybe it's the version, but I still want to change the wild Poké's, so plz I need help.
                2-MAJOR problem...How can I make FR save? It just gives an error and I want to beat the Pokémon League...

Thanks again,

~Cya, UnitRico

Gogo Pokémon Gale!
                Old July 17th, 2007 (12:34 AM). Edited July 17th, 2007 by HackMew.
                Mewtwo Strikes Back

Quote:
                Originally Posted by bxela1 View Post
                Also, if anybody knows what an indexed PNG actually is, that would be great if they could tell me.
                Yuo should have taken a closer search, because the question has already been answered before. Read here

Quote:
                Originally Posted by clakes707 View Post
                Is there a way to completely erase all of the maps in your ROM? I don't mean to take away the banks, etc.(although that would help too)I just want to make them blank maps. Thanks!
                Yes, you can use MapPurger. Anyway, take my advice: try the program on a clean ROM before ;)

Quote:
                Originally Posted by tomdotcom4 View Post
                Does anyone have the Emerald pokeroms.ini file so that i can use BaseEdit for emerald. I have looked all over the place for it and i cannot find it. If not does anyone know how i could use a hex editor to change pokemon stats to make them better. I dont know what i need to look for.
                You didn't look everywhere, obviously. A PokeRoms.ini which supports Emerald exists but BaseStat won't work because the needed offset it's not specified. Try using Pokémon Amplifer 3.2/Amplifier 2006 Ae instead.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by UnitRico View Post
                Well...umm...okay...I dumped the GFX bank from FR in RSBall, but everything is still messed up in PET. And I got 2 more problems...

1-Someone said I could use FR in AdvanceMap, well...I can't. Maybe it's the version, but I still want to change the wild Poké's, so plz I need help.

2-MAJOR problem...How can I make FR save? It just gives an error and I want to beat the Pokémon League...
                PET was designed originally for R/S. With Emerald or FR/LG you'll sure have some problems. For now, it's better to edit the trainers manually.

For the other two question, try downloading another FR ROM and check if this change something.
                Old July 17th, 2007 (1:05 AM).
                Straight-edge

wat can i use to edit trainers for emerald. i tried using pet but it gives me an error

Dissolve's PokePet

Old July 17th, 2007 (1:11 AM).
                  Nick // Always and Never

unLZ.gba of course. It is the best tool for editing sprites and such.

Sometimes life gets lonely if you haven't talked to your friends in a while.
                    Old July 17th, 2007 (1:19 AM). Edited July 17th, 2007 by exedissolve.
                    Straight-edge

ja i know that, i've changed the sprites already, but i mean like in pet for r/s you can change their name, pokemon, and so on. but emerald don't work with pet.

can i use D/P sprites in Emerald?

Dissolve's PokePet

Old July 17th, 2007 (2:13 AM).
                      PokeRom Hacker

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by exedissolve View Post
                        ja i know that, i've changed the sprites already, but i mean like in pet for r/s you can change their name, pokemon, and so on. but emerald don't work with pet.

can i use D/P sprites in Emerald?
                        You can change the trainers by hex editing, i dont really know of any other program.

Also with the D/P Sprites you can use them but they are a bigger size so you will have to shrink them.

Hope that helps
                        Old July 17th, 2007 (2:43 AM).
                        Jirachi's number 1 fan

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by - HackMew - View Post
                          Yuo should have taken a closer search, because the question has already been answered before. Read here
                          yea, thanks. I usually only read posts directed at me.

WATCH THIS SPACE!
                          Old July 17th, 2007 (2:59 AM).
                          Straight-edge

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by cory70 View Post
                            You can change the trainers by hex editing, i dont really know of any other program.

Also with the D/P Sprites you can use them but they are a bigger size so you will have to shrink them.

Hope that helps
                            thanx is kinda what i thought.
                            you wouldn't know how to edit them in hex would you???

Dissolve's PokePet

Old July 17th, 2007 (3:34 AM).
                            Jirachi's number 1 fan

YAY! I solved one problem.

I just converted from PNG to BMP and it uploaded fine.

Now I just need to fix my scripting, in the meantime i'll start filling up the pokedex.

WATCH THIS SPACE!
                              Old July 17th, 2007 (3:43 AM).
                              Straight-edge

Does it work in the game?

Dissolve's PokePet

Old July 17th, 2007 (3:46 AM).

How do I edit the scene when prof birch explains about pokemons?
                                  Old July 17th, 2007 (4:57 AM).
                                  Pokemon Coralo Version ?

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by salmjak View Post
                                    How do I edit the scene when prof birch explains about pokemons?
                                    What do you want to edit there?
                                    Old July 17th, 2007 (5:10 AM).
                                    Jirachi's number 1 fan

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by exedissolve View Post
                                      Does it work in the game?
                                      I assume that you're talking to me and I tried it and it was cut into segments. I have realised that it is due to size modification.

Also, does anyone know how to edit the name of the pokemon (I forgot :P) and does anyone know how to edit the picture of the pokemon next to the nickname and in your party?

WATCH THIS SPACE!
                                      Old July 17th, 2007 (6:22 AM).

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by KebaSun View Post
                                        What do you want to edit there?
                                        Mostly the text but I want to edit Prof birch picture to MAXIE (Team Magma leader) battle picture also :/
                                        Old July 17th, 2007 (6:24 AM).
                                        Straight-edge

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by bxela1 View Post
                                          I assume that you're talking to me and I tried it and it was cut into segments. I have realised that it is due to size modification.

Also, does anyone know how to edit the name of the pokemon (I forgot :P) and does anyone know how to edit the picture of the pokemon next to the nickname and in your party?
                                          wat rom you hacking with?

Dissolve's PokePet

Old July 17th, 2007 (6:32 AM).

What are the scripts to get pokegear and pokedex?
                                            Closed Thread

Quick Reply