• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon would you have on your Pokemon team?

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
If you had any pokemon on your team from any generation, what Pokemon would they be and why?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Easily Flareon for me not just since its my favorite
would be so fun and useful too

it's a bigger and fluffier and warmer version of the cyootness of Eevee
it's a fire fox
learns my favorite move
has my favorite ability
and its so adorably soft looking

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
I would have Houndoom and leafeon on my team.

Easily Flareon for me not just since its my favorite
would be so fun and useful too

it's a bigger and fluffier and warmer version of the cyootness of Eevee
it's a fire fox
learns my favorite move
has my favorite ability
and its so adorably soft looking

I like Flareon. It is cute. One of my favorite pokemon, easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Even if it wasn't shiny, I'd be cool with an Azumarill on my team. It has always been one of my favorites, and now that it is part-Fairy type, it's even more useful than it was before. Though, it kinda makes you wonder how type changes like that would work in real life...

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I would have Charizard to take me fly around the world. But I would not let it mega evolve to Charizard Y, because the Drought will make my place even hotter, criminally hot. And my parent would make me release him.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
As a character in the anime: I consider Shiny Dunsparce my mascot, so that's a given. I'd probably also have Wartortle and Persian from my main in-game team, but as non-Shinies since we never see Trainers in the anime with more than one Shiny. I doubt my character would be exploring any icy regions, so I probably wouldn't have my Alolan Sandslash or Froslass. Maybe a regular Sandslash. I doubt I'd get my hands on a Porygon/Porygon2 either. I might also have Lickitung, one of my absolute favorite Pok?mon designs, and Mothim because I adore moths!

206.png
008.png
053.png
028.png
108.png
414.png

In real-life: I have a feeling that Shinies would be much harder to find in the real world, so I probably wouldn't have my mascot Dunsparce. Instead, I'd hope to have my second-favorite Pok?mon, Wartortle. I'd probably have a Persian since I live with a bunch of cats and maybe a Leafeon as well since I can easily picture it basking in the sunlight coming through the windows like cats do. I'm also into casual fossil-hunting and, although I mostly find plant fossils (unrelated to any official Pok?mon), I did once find an ammonoid, so I might have an Omanyte. I also like photographing insects occasionally, moths being my favorite subjects, so I could see myself with a Mothim (although I'd prefer a rosy maple moth Pok?mon if it existed). Lastly, I might have a Stunky since I'd love to have a pet skunk (and may have already had if it wasn't for all the red tape involved with becoming the owner of unconventional pets).

008.png
053.png
470.png
138.png
414.png
434.png

Last edited:

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
I would have a Houndoom, a Leafeon, a shiny Suicune, a Lycanroc, a Solgaleo, and a Vaporeon.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
My team: 1. Kingdra 2. Mega Latios 3. Garchomp 4. Haxorus 5. Dragalge 6. Turtonator

Why: Dragons are cool and are the best type in the game in my opinion.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
i always dreamed of being a pokemon league Champion, i would use a team of powerful psychic type pokemon spearheaded by my gorgeous Gardevoir. alongside Gallade, Medicham (with mega stone), Slowking, Bronzong and Gothitelle. however if it was nessecary i would also have access to any and all legendary psychic pokemon, earning their trust would allow me to return and capture them any time they were needed, Latios, Latias, Celebi, Cresselia and Lunala. if i absolutely had to i could play the Azure flute and call upon the god Arceus himself, weilding the mind plate and the mental prowess of a psychic pokemon to aid me in my battles.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
My team: 1. Kingdra 2. Mega Latios 3. Garchomp 4. Haxorus 5. Dragalge 6. Turtonator

Why: Dragons are cool and are the best type in the game in my opinion.

Dragon type is one of my favorite types, second after dark. It is also one of the best types competitvley.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
If I'm going by just my favorite Pokemon, I'd have Buizel, Infernape, Greninja, Midday Lycanroc, Tsareena and Hitmonchan/Dragonair.

If I'm being a little more competitive about it but still having mons I love, I'd have Infernape, Greninja, Mega Lopunny, Golurk, Ninetales-A and Sceptile.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 17, 2019
if this is irl
i'd like to think i'd have gengar since it's my fav of all time but i'd be too big of a weeny so i'd probably have all the cat pokemon

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
profilepic286185_4.gif

My top six favorite pokemon that also function in a team together as well as could be put to practical use as pets and can assist me in day to day activities.

1. Shiny Gorebyss (Porcelina). My number one favorite pokemon and personal mascot. I would work hard to make sure I acquired her as a shiny, no matter how improbable of a feat that may be. I would probably live in some beach house along the ocean and live comfortably with this beautiful pokemon caring for her every day while holding on to her back to swim alongside of her.

2. Ninjask (Kunoichi). The true Ninja of all pokemon and the original Speedster. I would have her fly alongside of me while traveling, encouraging me to push myself harder to keep up with her as she also does with the rest of my team. I could imagine her being spectacular at hide and seek. Listening to her humming would often be soothing to listen to while falling asleep.

3. Steelix (Mr. Abrams). The immovable tank and valiant protector. He would be very protective over myself as well as the rest of my team as well as supportive. He would be more than happy to stay outside and watch over my property as well as I could see him tending to the gardening outside. His metallic body could reflect sunlight to grow plants as well.

4. Chimecho (Yukimi). My melodic and cheerful wind chime. He would be very calm and relaxing, probably spending much of the day floating about creating music based on the weather. He would also probably help predict the weather on a regular basis. His melodies would also help me relax and take frequent naps when I'm stressed out.

5. Umbreon (Black Bart) Defensive and careful, but also loving and protecting. He's a pokemon that I would probably walk around with on a regular basis in public. He would be a great judge of character for people and pokemon so he would know whether or not a person or pokemon is safe to be around. He would also be extremely protective and would put himself between me and danger.

6. Breloom (Brawly). Energetic, happy go lucky, and playful. He would be probably the most playful and active member of my team. He would enjoy encouraging the rest of my team members to stay active and play alongside of him even though sometimes he can push others a little too far including myself. Sometimes if others attack him, he might mistake it for playing.

Last edited:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years

Empoleon - Napoleon - M
Glaceon - Yukiko - F
Meowstic - Luna - F
Ninetales - Renata - F
Rotom - Geist
Sawsbuck - Winton - M

Prior to Gen 7, this was my defacto team. Sometimes, I could swap out Rotom for Luxray, but it was pretty stable apart from that. However, with the new Pok?mon and forms, my core team has been rocked a little. Lycanroc Midday and Alolan Ninetales have a home in my party, but trying to choose who would go is hard. Things get trickier with ice-fairy fox, however, as I don't want to double on species AND I hate having type overlaps. I did come up with a tentative team which includes Gen 7, but it's a WIP.

Leafeon - Sayuri - F
Alola Ninetales - Elsa - F
Lycanroc - Mason - M

More realistic, however, is a team like this (considering where I live and the fact that I wouldn't battle too much)

Butterfree - Liberty - F

I know for SURE that I'd have Empoleon, Meowstic, a form of Ninetales and, of course, an Eeveelution of sorts.

Back