• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Double and Triple Battle Strategies

Years
I've always liked the double battles in the the older generations. And the addition of triple battles in Gen V made me so excited I nearly squealed! I was just wondering what your thoughts and strategies are on these battles. Also, do you prefer triple or double battles?

I always like using my Lucario and Gengar in double battles. The type combination of Fighting/Steel and Ghost is immensely helpful. I also liked using Rayquaza and Ditto. I would clone my Rayquaza and become indestructible. In triple battles I use Lucario, Metagross and Zebstrika mainly for the large variety in type.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love double and triples! I like doubles more than triples though, since it's annoying when you have a Pokemon on the left or right of your opponent's side and one of your Pokemon usually ends up wasting PP just cause it can't hit it with the moves it has.

Anyway! I like the classic Levitate/Flying type and the Earthquake combo. Protect+Earthquake is okay, but Protect will only work so many times, of course. Also in Gen IV and beyond, the Water Absorb+Surf is fun. :)

Years
I love double and triples! I like doubles more than triples though, since it's annoying when you have a Pokemon on the left or right of your opponent's side and one of your Pokemon usually ends up wasting PP just cause it can't hit it with the moves it has.

Anyway! I like the classic Levitate/Flying type and the Earthquake combo. Protect+Earthquake is okay, but Protect will only work so many times, of course. Also in Gen IV and beyond, the Water Absorb+Surf is fun. :)

I second this post, cos I always love having a Levitate or Flying-type next to the Earthquake users, and Surf with Water Absorb is fun too, and also having a Discharge user next to a Ground-type. I also love abusing a lot of moves that hit multiple foes, like Rock Slide in these sorts of battles.

Triple battles can be really intense but the strategy element is made even better!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I like both triple and double battles, although i find double battles to be better.
I tend to use the Eartquake + Levitate or Water Pokemon + Lightning Rod combos.
This also allows for my water pokemon to use rain dance and the electric Pokemon to follow up with Thunder

Back