• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Nice hack , seems interesting and polished
1.%20smile.gif
Thanks!
----------
And also, the fairy-type in this game is more of an interconnection between the bug-type and electric-type. It's more of the infamous "light-type" per se.
----------
dem college midterms >.< so glad Winter Break is almost here q_q. Hope your college life is better than mine, Frozen

in case this is seen as spam, I can't wait for the next beta ^^, I won't mind if the next beta even has 3 Gyms :p
Beta 2.3 (lol) will have "five" badges! Five is in quotes for a reason because there is a funny event that occurs in Pokewood City! Let's say, a little annoying girl steals your fifth gym badge and you'll have to look for her in the huge city! But then... something else happens! Hehe! And you won't get your gym badge back! (troll face)!
----------
And utilizing Celebi's signature move Futuristic E, Celebi's time travel ability will become very important in unlocking Route 55's geographic history!
-----

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 21, 2016
Hi Iam new here so i have many question.
I see you put in hack time travel celebi ,so will you put dialga ,palkia and giratina in hack?
Did you include in hack 6th gen pokemon?
Which are the ways to evolve evee in newer gen evolutions?
Is charizard in this hack and do you planing to add mega evolutions in hack?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hi Iam new here so i have many question.
I see you put in hack time travel celebi ,so will you put dialga ,palkia and giratina in hack?
Did you include in hack 6th gen pokemon?
Which are the ways to evolve evee in newer gen evolutions?
Is charizard in this hack and do you planing to add mega evolutions in hack?
1) There will be no Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina in Pokemon Normal Version. They are too overused in rom hacks and I am trying to avoid having too many legends in this game. The legendary information that have been released so far are Regigigas (the mascot), Lugia (the protector), Ho-Oh (the overseer), Celebi (the traveler). These are the "main legends" for the game. There are others, but I am not going to release them until release. There are also "sub legends." There are a good bit of them in this game. You can assume that the three Regis will be in this game for example.

2) There will be no sixth generation Pokemon. Not even the fairy evolution of Eevee. I'm not a fan of the sixth generation. That means no mega evolutions as well. Their designs are bad, in my opinion.

3) I'm still thinking of ways which are pretty simple. However, the GBA series allows only up to five alternate evolutions for a Pokemon. I'm not sure if ASM can change this. Maybe, just maybe, I can make the last two Eevee evolutions as one-off Pokemon as a day or night time based event depending on an in-game variable.

4) The starters from the first two regions are in this hack. They are in the Taejo Dex. The starters of the third generation are in the Extended Dex. Starters are found in the wild, just like normal Pokemon. There will be no fourth or fifth generation starters. However, there are a few fifth generation Pokemon. (Fourth generation Pokemon are mostly evolutions of older Pokemon).

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
So, when will the beta testers (me and the others) be getting the next check point?
I kinda changed paths with the game's development. The next checkpoint will be Beta 2.3 (Pokewood City and Route 60 Ranch Ln with some second run through events), haha. However, beta testers will test it out first. I am going to release Beta 2.3 before Christmas/before New Years. I am currently working on implementing more things into the game such as changing the wild/trainer battle music, adding new overworld sprites, adding a new title screen and completely finishing up the Pokedex Data (Taejo Dex only).

it looks a cool hack ! :D
Thanks! The game is influenced from second generation Johto, my favorite region!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2023

2) There will be no sixth generation Pokemon. Not even the fairy evolution of Eevee. I'm not a fan of the sixth generation. That means no mega evolutions as well. Their designs are bad, in my opinion.

hope you can add only sylveon only to your game , so the pokemon will contain all gen
but is up to you :D
and i agree mega evo is just bad :(

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
hope you can add only sylveon only to your game , so the pokemon will contain all gen
but is up to you :D
and i agree mega evo is just bad :(
I'm really disappointed that Game Freak didn't include a Dragon Type Eevee to compliment the strength weakness pattern that they have done in the past... since Dragon is weak to Fairy...

Years
I want to play your hack so badly! i played beta 1.5 for like 6 minutes because i didnt want to spoil it. looks super awsome man.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
How about you add a Modified Pikachu? A Fairy type-Legendary Pikachu would be great
We are thinking the same awesome idea! I was just about to make a post on this. I am going to include a "feature" called genetically modified Pokemon. These Pokemon will be more like a "forme" per se. These Pokemon won't have Pokedex data entries which would make sense for me. Formes would use the allocated space after Pokedex number 323 and so forth since I excluded those numbers from my regional dex.

Speaking of genetically modified Pokemon, I have "solved" the problem of Eevee not being able to evolve into either any seven of its possible evolutions. I am introducing the Gene Stone. This ultra rare stone is able to internally genetically modify certain Pokemon. For example, Eevee will be one. Pikachu and some others as well. The Gene Stone would allow Pikachu to become Electric Fairy (not allowing it to evolve into Raichu) However, modified Pokemon may learn more varied attacks, interesting stats and whatnot.

Going back to Eevee, the original one that players will receive from Professor Oak will be able to evolve into Leafeon (Leaf Stone), Flareon (Fire Stone), Vaporeon (Aqua Stone), Jolteon (Volt Stone). Using a Gene Stone to modify its genes will then allow Eevee to evolve into Glaceon (Cold Stone), Espeon (Sun Stone), and Umbreon (Moon Stone). A genetically modified Eevee won't be able to evolve into Leafeon or Flareon.
-----

-----
Item graphics will be coming soon.

EDIT 1 - And since I have two evolution slots left back from the modified Eevee, I am considering making a Sylveon (Bliss Stone) and infamous (Game Freak should have made one!) Draceon (Brute Stone) evolution. Haha, this starter Pokemon sure do have a lot of options! Yay!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2023
I'm really disappointed that Game Freak didn't include a Dragon Type Eevee to compliment the strength weakness pattern that they have done in the past... since Dragon is weak to Fairy...

i'm with you that disappointed that GF didnt give us duo eeveelution

but fairy isn't strong againts dargon only but dark (umbreon) to
so it still ballanced bit since umbreon ( well jolteon too but leafeon resist jolteon )didn't have any eeveelution to counter it

btw gene stone idea is really cool XD , cant wait the next beta :)

marc1234

Conquest MODE
Years
How about you also add the infamous Pokegods like Pikablu (im not sure of the spelling), Corona Mew, and so on? The idea of Gene Stone is great!

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
How about you also add the infamous Pokegods like Pikablu (im not sure of the spelling), Corona Mew, and so on? The idea of Gene Stone is great!

Nah, that would be nasty. BTW i dont have any idea about those "Poke Gods" as you say, so that's not great. {:3}

Keep it up FIZX!

Gotta keep an eye on this :)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
When will you release the beta with Modified Pokemon? I cant wait to see the Modified Pikachu
In beta 2.3, a few will be introduced! But not this bad boy! Talk to the NPC for hints!
-----

-----
This bad boy gets modified from Grass/Flying to Grass/Dragon with Rainstorm! Uberness! Too bad Tropius is rare! Modified Pokemon can undergo subtle to even huge major changes! It just depends on how their genes react! Heck, I think I'm going to have too much fun with these. I'm going to give these guys Pokedex entries, the Gene Dex (323-???)! Now if I can learn some ASM to create a Taejo/Seijo/Gene Dex. But that sounds really hard. Is that even possible?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
In beta 2.3, a few will be introduced! But not this bad boy! Talk to the NPC for hints!
-----

-----
This bad boy gets modified from Grass/Flying to Grass/Dragon with Rainstorm! Uberness! Too bad Tropius is rare! Modified Pokemon can undergo subtle to even huge major changes! It just depends on how their genes react! Heck, I think I'm going to have too much fun with these. I'm going to give these guys Pokedex entries, the Gene Dex (323-???)! Now if I can learn some ASM to create a Taejo/Seijo/Gene Dex. But that sounds really hard. Is that even possible?

I guess you can ask ASM help to karatekid, ep!c. People I know who's good at that ^^

Back