• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Guilty Pleasures

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
What are some songs you listen to, but don't want others to know you listen to? Why do you listen to them?

My "guilty pleasures" include some of the annoyingly mainstream songs that died out a year or so ago. Harlem Shake? Dame Tu Cosita? Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae)? Yup, I listen to those on an irregular basis. Perhaps there's a nostalgic charm that attracts me to those kinds of songs.

I've been listening to a bit more rap than I'm comfortable with admitting, too. Eminem's older stuff is...surprisingly good.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
I unironically adore disco. The upbeat melodies, ridiculous fashion, and dance moves that have spawned from this genre have fascinated me for years (according to my parents, I even spent a lot of time watching disco documentaries as a baby)! If I had choose my biggest guilty pleasure song from such an outdated genre, it'd have to 'It's Raining Men." The song's lyrics are so silly and dumb, and yet I can still enjoy it because of how much energy the singers put into their performance.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
I listen to metalcore and death metal, but none of my IRL folks know it (except a friend of mine). I like the hard-hitting bass and also on many occasions, the lyrics presented by these songs. Architects, While She Sleeps, Whitechapel and Ice Nine Kills are my go-to. The energy emanating from these songs is amazing. I also love orchestral remakes of Video Game OSTs, and follow Luigigigas's works. He posts only once or thrice a year :(

Years
I have an affinity for classical music. Give some Beethoven or some Tchaikovsky and I'll be just swell.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I used to be ashamed of listening to BGM more than any other kind of music, but these days I don't hide it as much; I don't really advertise it either though.

Years
i don't like when people know i listen to EDM. most of the time they'll be into pop or hip-hop or something and i'm here vibing to electronica and trance and they won't really get it. u_u

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
That new Bounty "Quicker Picker Upper" song. Can't get enough of it.

Back