• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Sea of Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Naa I added the correct biomes to Kanto as it is geographically located somewhat like the US where the top should be icy and the bottom should be "Hot"

You posted that at the perfect time for this lil update :D

Kanto.png

Actually I inserted a whole new major tileset for it!

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
This is an incredible hack, Panda~. I see you have improved a lot.
The tiles are very nice and attractive.

I hope to see more of your work.
Good luck. x)

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
Years
  • Age 22
  • Asia
  • Seen Mar 11, 2015
Ok, I have seen many hacks, but I especially like this one. The tileset is nice and I also like the storyline. Just so you know, I'll be watching :) Good luck with your hack!

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Thanks for replies!

Ok so I really wanted to post this while I could. these are the alpha 1 release notes. But I am not going to release Alpha 1 for a while. Plenty of stages until then but this is getting exciting :3.

Sea of Dreams: Alpha 1 release notes

So this little document was created to close up some things which I wanted to let you know about the somewhat upcoming release of Sea of Dreams alpha release! I actually am in a deep storyline change as I feel it would be better to mature your player a tad more in Kanto before the exploration of the Orange Islands shall start. Oak I think is reasonable enough to test all his upcoming trainers before sending them out. So this game will be partially in the Orange Islands and a lot in a NEW Kanto.​

Why the new changes?

Ok so this will be a sum up of why I changed this. First of all the storyline develops somewhat like you are an ordinary ten year who just wishes to start his normal journey. To earn his way to Pallet Town he must test his strengths through some newer sort of tests and awesome events! Also I felt revisiting a Kanto with more justice to it would just be right as I already have plans for another hack set in a tropical destination. Anyways another reason was that there is only room for one world map in Ruby which really would put a wrench in this if it weren't for some ideas of mine. The Orange Islands will be partial in the story but significant in the outcome. It leads to your whole journey. and you can surf to them from Cinnabar down through many of treacherous routes. You can take a boat from island to island.

Now... Will all this be in alpha 1? Of course not these are plans for when I complete this!

Features of Alpha 1

Alpha 1 is planned to get you around an hour or so of game play WITHOUT speeding up your game. Take you time please when you play it for bugs. The main unique features of this version will bean innovative new system yo get through any territories. Other stuff is disclosed. The end of Alpha 1 will be the Mount Moon Clefairy/Clefable event. Professor Teak over the years has become more and more obsessed of his theory of the Clefairy/Clefable's routes on Mt. Moon. When he discovered the frozen crater on his 3rd expedition to the top he built a house there and now studies the Pokemon's actions. Oak is real close to Teak and something will happen after this launching into the Rocket scheme and the end of alpha 1!

Thanks for reading.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
I actually like this game a lot. one it have awesome mapping and at hand cool version of kanto map. Two it have great script so i would play this.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Thanks for the replies. I am actually opting out on the alphas current end position I may have to end it at Viridian to fix some bugs etc. Sorry! Alpha 1 is currently being heavily edited. My old scripts were pretty sloppy and I am redoing Pallet Town. So may be a bit of speed bump but do not fret its still on! Right now I am perfecting the indoor tileset so the game has ALL new tiles nothing left from RSE but some simple stuff. Also I may have no animations for the flowers in Alpha 1 as I am not so good at importing new ones. This update is kind of getting pointless so might as well spice it up and spoil some indoor tiles! Thanks Max for some suggestions.

Preview:

Indoor-1.png

Also some new user bars will be updated on page 1 in a bit by Sab.​

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Is this really Fire Red? :O
I cannot believe it Panda!
Those tiles are doing awesome impression on me :)

Naa still Ruby, where did I say Firered haha?

But yeah thanks I am really trying to switch it all :D

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
This seems to be one of the best hacks in here.
I hope you do finish it someday :)

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
AMAZING Panda!!! As said a thousand times before, the tiles and palettes are amazingly beautiful!!! Good LUCK!!!!

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Alas speed bumps >:, I need to get these scripts working or I won't have an update for a while! Sorry guys :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back