• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Showcase] Way Regained

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Ahh man, I love you guys. You're the best, both of you! <3; Thank you SO much for posting those kind comments. I REALLY appreciate it. <333;

The only updates are:
MarchOfMephisto.png

MarchOfMephisto1.png

DerozioSignature1a.png

DerozioSignature-1.png

There are slight differences in colors in each of them. And I was too lazy to crop the tag part from the last two. Sorry about that. XD; And once again, I'm sorry about the 'center focal' thing. I nearly finished the tag and THEN noticed that the focal was in the center and wasn't following the rule of the thirds. :(

1-2.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/ASC303/DerozioSignature1a.png
Ignoring the extra space on bottom. This is pretty much the best version. This is where I can see the focal the best. The only issue with the tag other than the center focal point is that there's too much texture and noise above the focal. This has dragged down the quality a little The background is also a little bad, it's too blurry and again, this lowers the quality. The text in all your tags is much the same, try relate your style of text and the choice of font to what your tag looks like. The text here is plain and clear, but the tag is dark and sinister. So just work on those things and you're looking at a better tag.

I actually much prefer the avatar, try get that sort of clarity in the tag.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Spoiler:

I actually think this one has the best colour scheme, but it needs the added contrast like in the last two examples with the space under the actual tag. I feel it has the best rounded colour scheme and the one you are wearing, I feel is a tag monochrome, but it still very good!

So what Gav said about the textures and noise over the top I agree with, but with adding contrast, that should fade a little bit. And then if you just be wary to erase parts of textures over focals that may smother it, you should be all good to go! Agree with Gav about the text too. :P

The background I don't think is bad empty, the quality has been reduced quite a lot, but the focus is definitely on the focal, and there isn't really any serious negative space, so that's not too bad. However the thing I think needs the most work is the lack of effects. I can tell you've put a lot of effort and layers into the textures and stuff you have now, but all of them really just add to the grungey look, and act more as adjustments than actual effects. This isn't a bad thing, I just think there is potential for there to be more going on in this tag that you haven't included. I haven't got specific examples of what you could've added, maybe some C4Ds with a black colour overlay just to build up a bit of flow without being that typical C4D looking style which wouldn't suit the grunge I don't think...

But yeah, very nice stuff. Sort of leaning back towards comfortable stuff in this style, but you are getting a lot better with textures, so kudos!

derozio

Years
Thanks for the comments, guys! I always mess up with text, Gav. And yeah, I guess I could have deleted some of the textures that are over the focal. I'll see if I have the psd and erase it. As for your point, moo, yeah, agreed totally. My effects work more like adjustments than effects. Haha, I'll see if I can add some real effects if I get my hands on the psd of this one! Thanks again! ;)

Oh, and collab timez:
Moments.' start:
spacecassette-1.png

My finish:
Colors.png

....yeah, I know the right side is empty but I didn't know what to put in there! :(

And this:
Raiden1a.png

A little different from Moment's version. :3

moments.

quixotic
Years
Colors.png
Sorry about the awkward start by the way. xP I've already told you some of my thoughts on this, and the previous versions, but anyways;
Anyways, I really like what you've done with the colours of this piece. Normally I don't opt for bright pink colours schemes, but I think you've worked it in well, and it definitely works with the tag!

The text is something that I will elaborate on in here, although you know the general gist of it. On first looking, I really detested the text, mainly because putting text, centred, and completely over the stock image, is rarely a good idea. However, once I looked around the canvas a little more, the text seemed to blend in quite amazingly, and then I started seeing it as writing on his T-Shirt. So the text I feel is actually blending really well whether that was the intention or not xP
One thing I would suggest though, is to move it down. I feel, that I am seeing it this way, that it is sitting too high to be T-Shirt text, and you've got a bit of wiggle room underneath it's current position. I'd go hard along the bottom axis.

Lastly, the rainbow-nebula-smudge. I feel this is a little half-done, maybe a bit lazy, premature or something. At the moment, I'm thinking like Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) which is ok, but in terms of the actual tag, it feels wonky. Firstly because it doesn't really create any real flow, and I'd argue it could go with a lot more of that effect. Those are those stocks with the smudge on there from memory, you could pile up a few more and create some flow and help blend in his shoulders a fraction would look good!

Raiden1a.png
I actually quite liked your sort of, washed out, bit sort of blurry, smooth colour scheme in this one. Although this version is definitely a step up from the version you sent me. Anyways, the sharpening and blurring on this one is quite amazing. I am a sucker for really sharp tags, which is why I went overboard, but I think you've nailed it!

One thing which I didn't like, and I actually erased some in my version, is that circle masked thing around his shoulders. I felt it was good at blending him into the background a little more, but where it touches his face, I feel is a no-go. I feel it is sort of intruding, and making his face a little less obvious by blending it more. It's easily fixed though, I just put a 100px~ soft eraser and clicked near his face, just to clean it up a bit.

The text, well first of all, this stock doesn't like text. xP I struggled to find a spot that really liked the text, but they were all sort of neutral... What you've done here isn't bad, but it does feel slightly awkward as it is completely over the stock (like I mentioned in the last comment). When you don't look at it, it sits comfortably, but when you actually move your eyes over it, it looks a little awkward... I can't really suggest any different positions because I struggled a bit myself, but if you went like 10px up, and then tuck the 'n' into that little nook, immediately left of the 'R' now, it might fit there nicely.

Just a minor thing, immediately left of the text, there are some spots in his armour which are like bright blue, when I think they should be black. Looks like you've done a Selective Colour for Blacks, and pumped up the blues only in that area. The blue hasn't got enough greens/yellows in it and it is not sitting well with the rest of the tag, and if you look at it, it actually is quite distracting.

But yeah, good work!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Check Moom's gallery for my crit on the collabs. But I'll comment on your finish on this one:
Spoiler:

I kind of like your finish better, but like moom's, there's bits of yours I dislike and bits I do like. I think that it's definitely too bright at the bottom below the text. And speaking of the text, it says "colors" but the text remains white. What you need there, is a play on words. Which means that you should have made the actual text colourful also. This would add a little more consistency to the tag. You're lacking vibrancy though. That space texture is too strong, and the colour splash is too weak. I think you should have really pursued the idea of using that splash as part of the concept of the tag, and added more things like it while killing off the space stock as much as you could. Overall things are looking a little blurry too, so I advise you take out your sharpening brush and go over some bits of the focal, just a little, as well as that colour in the background. Definitely make that texture less heavy at the bottom of the focal as I say. It's just killing it a little. Try work on those things and take this in a bit of a different direction.

Otherwise, nice sense of flow. If you add more colour brushing like the one in the tag already, and take the tag in a slightly different direction and improve the general quality you'll be looking at a better work.

derozio

Years
Thanks a bunch for the comments, Gav and Moo! <3; luv u guyz ;)

PIC.png

..I'm crazy about Skyrim right now. :P

moments.

quixotic
Years
Totally saving your gallery. <3

skyrim
First off, obligatory poke fun at Dero text.

To me, this tag feels like a WIP, mainly because all your effects and everything are isolated towards the middle of the canvas, and you've got empty space on either side. The left side isn't bad because there isn't as much, but the right side has way too much pure black, not to mention there isn't much of a transition between the effects and the black. I'm not saying you need to spam it with effects, but some textures or really subtle clipping masks or detailing in that area will help bring the tag together a lot.

The tag as a whole is a bit monochrome as well as flat. You need more foreground effects for a starter, and you definitely need more lighting. The stock sets up potential for massive lighting piece, but you didn't take it as far as I feel it needs. That said, you've gone a little overboard with the lighting on his chest where it actually reaches pure black, and you lose all the details from the stock.

So, more lighting to create more depth, add variance to the colours and add atmosphere and more details and effects to fill the empty areas.
It's a pretty good tag, but it screams typical Dero, and while it is probably the most polished of your recent pieces, it just lacks that wow factor and is a bit unoriginal for what you've done in the past.

derozio

Years
Episode 1: The revival

Well, lookie here. My gallery died on me. :I

Gav has granted me special permissions to revive this oldie. So revive it I will. :D

Deus Ex's Adam Jensen v1 n v2. Both are almost similar.
Jensen1.png

Jensen1a.png

My first version:
Unleash.png

Tweaked version:
123-3.png

Tweaked moar using some CnC given by Moo:
FlashyasEff-1.png

^ without all those color adjustments.
FlashyasEff2.png

And the one below is just messy. But I still kinda like it. :P
Raidentag-1.png

and...this I did for the lulz. XD;
Claus.png

moments.

quixotic
Years
I'm pretty sure at some point I have given you feedback on all these tags at one stage or another...

I've said it in the past, and I'll say it again, I want to see you experiment more Dero. >:U
Try mixing up your canvas sizes, making them square, verticals etc. Try having no person as a focal point. Just do crazy stuff. It really does help, and while you have mastered your style, you aren't moving beyond it which is where you definitely have the potential to be. I think your limiting yourself more than you need to. You've got skills, you're a great designer, and designers are creative by nature. But honestly, your tags are beginning to lack creativity, they are formulaic, by the book Derozio styled...

I don't know the answers, but you just need to let the creative juices actually flow. I know, from experience that it is so easy to just let making tags be completely uncreative. It can be a procedure. Don't let this happen, Dero. <3

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
Not gonna lie: I'm very surprised no one has commented on these yet. Great job with the Nami sig, sharpening here and there. Nice use of lighting in that sig as well as the last Dante sig. The brushes you used turned out really nice. Overall, I like the style you shot for here. However, the lighting in the large Bayonetta piece is bothering me. It seems a little too bright by her legs. I hope that helps a little. I need to work on my GFX as well, so I'm not really sure if I'm one to give a critique at the moment. But anyway, I like your work. Keep up the great work. :>

Years
I'm just as surprised as the above poster! These are fantastic!

I really really adore that last banner - the positioning and sharpening is pretty spot on and extremely nice on my eyes~! I'm also a huge fan of the typography style here, that "grainy" look on it complements the entire image very well.

All-in-all I think you're quite excellent at what you do; your typography is, to me, one of your strongest points. n_n I'd absolutely adore to see more icons though, as it seems your thread is relatively banner/larger image-based.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
mmm honey this is some beautiful artwork. I just love the anime theme and I love the fact that you blended it with your own natural talents and ideas. Definitely a 10/10 from me. I agree with the others, there's little to be improved except on the last banner I think that his cloak could be a bit more darker red to show the brooding implications of his dire situation.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Man you really have come a long way. I love where your work has gone to. I can still see how heavily you are influenced by Siggy though, I'd like to see you take your own direction. That's your one big flaw, you're following still. Try some new things, be adventurous. Study some new styles, it will help you as an artist. I love that first LP also, using multiple stocks in a large piece is a very good thing to practice.

derozio

Years
Not gonna lie: I'm very surprised no one has commented on these yet. Great job with the Nami sig, sharpening here and there. Nice use of lighting in that sig as well as the last Dante sig. The brushes you used turned out really nice. Overall, I like the style you shot for here. However, the lighting in the large Bayonetta piece is bothering me. It seems a little too bright by her legs. I hope that helps a little. I need to work on my GFX as well, so I'm not really sure if I'm one to give a critique at the moment. But anyway, I like your work. Keep up the great work. :>

So glad you liked it! :D
And yeah, I messed up the lighting quite a bit in that bayo LP. I'll probably modify it and post it later here. Orr..maybe make a new one. In either case, I'll be glad if you offer your feedback again, mate! :D And thanks again!

I'm just as surprised as the above poster! These are fantastic!

I really really adore that last banner - the positioning and sharpening is pretty spot on and extremely nice on my eyes~! I'm also a huge fan of the typography style here, that "grainy" look on it complements the entire image very well.

All-in-all I think you're quite excellent at what you do; your typography is, to me, one of your strongest points. n_n I'd absolutely adore to see more icons though, as it seems your thread is relatively banner/larger image-based.

Haha, Gav and Massimo always told me typography was very weak. lol I never got complimented for my typography either. You're probably the first, haha! Anyway, thank you SO much! <3; It means a lot. And yeah, I'll try to post as many icons as possible. I'm not good at those but..ehh. I'll give 'em a try. ;P

mmm honey this is some beautiful artwork. I just love the anime theme and I love the fact that you blended it with your own natural talents and ideas. Definitely a 10/10 from me. I agree with the others, there's little to be improved except on the last banner I think that his cloak could be a bit more darker red to show the brooding implications of his dire situation.

Well, I felt making it a little more snappy might work in the favour of the tag. The red coat, I mean. But yeah, cool. I'll edit it up and see how the result turns out [that is, if I still have the .psd. Might've deleted it :(]. Thank you, by the way! :)

Man you really have come a long way. I love where your work has gone to. I can still see how heavily you are influenced by Siggy though, I'd like to see you take your own direction. That's your one big flaw, you're following still. Try some new things, be adventurous. Study some new styles, it will help you as an artist. I love that first LP also, using multiple stocks in a large piece is a very good thing to practice.

I swear Gav, this is the first time you haven't ripped my works apart (in a good way, of course. So that I can improve!). As soon as I saw your reply, I was on cloud nine, or something like that. Anyway, yeah, I need to build my own identity. I know. Moo has been telling me that for quite a while but I can't seem to break myself away from this current style. I've told Moo countless times that I'll experiment but, in the end, I end up making stuff that belongs to this very style. I can't seem to make anything innovative.

But yeah, I'll still try. No promises, though!

Anyway, these thingies here were WIPs when I abandoned 'em. I'll probably make something totally different. I abandoned 'em because I realized while working on 'em that I was merely trying stuff out which I'm already confident about/familiar stuff. I wanna experiment now. So yeah.

WIP.png

Ico.png

Crusher

Hell yeah, I'm sexy.
Years
I guess I can still update this, no? [thisizderobtw]

Updates:
Santoryu.png

v1
Zoro1.png

v2
Zoro2.png

ZAvi.png

The one below, even though it may not really be very good, is something I'm proud of. It is the first work of mine in which I did the coloring myself.

ZB.png

Stock:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Gosh, you've gotten a lot better and I mean ALOT better now.
I've always loved your graphics and I can't wait to see more of them because they're interesting and unique. The tones, the flow and the lighting on some of them are really nice. I also love your recent One Piece pieces, too. Fantastic job, keep it up.

derozio

Years
Thanks a lot, Galukxy, really means a lot. <3;

SRK-1.png

SRKSVI.png

Alright, after SOOO much time, I've finally made a tag unlike any I've ever made. I'm happy with the outcome, regardless of its flaws..

derozio

Years
My first bump in a while. Lack of love in the form of comments hurts. :(

AKV1.png

v3.png

WB.png

Evans.png

Those are from my shop. Thought I'd post them here since this is the place where I'll get proper CnC on them.

derozio

Years
Yeah, more stuff from my shop:

G1.png

Music.png

Music1.png

Sora.png

And something I just made for myself. Not as good as I wanted it to be. :<
Gintoki1.png

And an icon I'm kinda happy with.
Sorac.png