• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Petra

Status
Not open for further replies.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
picture.php

This is my hack, Pokemon Petra. This is my first hack on PC and my first serious hack. Please tell me about any grammar or hacking errors I make - I want this hack to be the best it can be. That goes for this thread too.

picture.php

Spoiler:

picture.php

Spoiler:

picture.php

Spoiler:

picture.php

None yet, Beta expected before Sept. at latest.

picture.php

I'll report them as you do.

picture.php

Spoiler:

FAQ
(Will have picture soon)

Spoiler:

Here's a support banner link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6341&pictureid=46749

It was made by towertycoonpalmer I think...

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
No offence but those tiles hurt my eyes. Seriously D:

You should change or recolour them.

naruck23

Plague
Years
This seems intresting like the first post, tiles hurt my eyes... You should get someone to make on later...

Anyway, if you need any help I would love to participate, contact me in Skype - DarthOreo

Seems Zangoose, will make part of the story? As starter or something?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I'll be 100% honest, in my opinion, the tiles seem fine on the whole (could use more interesting pallettes), bar:

That house just looks quite bad, the outline seems too faint, the colours aren't all appealing, shading on the roof seems too unnatural, and the dishes at the top look fairly weird (yet, that one could just be me)

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
No offence but those tiles hurt my eyes. Seriously D:

You should change or recolour them.

Yeah, I was stuck on whether to change the palette or leave it, cause I kinda liked it. Could you be more specific about what tiles are eye-hurting? I'm no good with palettes, so it'll take me numerous tries to get it right...

This seems intresting like the first post, tiles hurt my eyes... You should get someone to make on later...

Anyway, if you need any help I would love to participate, contact me in Skype - DarthOreo

Seems Zangoose, will make part of the story? As starter or something?

What kind of help are you offering? I really have it all covered unless you can insert my worldmap or titlescreen...

And Zangoose is simply the "SpokesPokemon" for this hack. There will be an event with Zangoose, mind you. They can't be caught in the wild anywhere. Same goes with Seviper. I thought Zangoose just worked. Making him a starter isn't actually that bad of an idea.... I might do that instead of the Johto starters. I would edit his moveset and base stats of course.

I'll be 100% honest, in my opinion, the tiles seem fine on the whole (could use more interesting pallettes), bar:

That house just looks quite bad, the outline seems too faint, the colours aren't all appealing, shading on the roof seems too unnatural, and the dishes at the top look fairly weird (yet, that one could just be me)

That house was not made by me. I used a weird palatte, and pasted it together from the main house and dishes I plan to remake it for the beta... I really need ideas to help me sand down this hack, so thank you guys. That's why that house doesn't follow the usual tiles. I didn't make most of this hack's tiles, and until I get the time to make the new tiles myself, the bad ones will be there. It's first priority though. there are more weird tiles in store for you, trust me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
The tree tiles are little bright for me, near the top, may I suggest a slightly darker green? Also, I find the tree tiles a bit oddly shaped, but not a major problem. Additionally, you misspelled very as veyr on the first post. I'd like to ask if Zangoose is the starter Pokemon?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
That house was not made by me. I used a weird palatte, and pasted it together from the main house and dishes I plan to remake it for the beta... I really need ideas to help me sand down this hack, so thank you guys. That's why that house doesn't follow the usual tiles. I didn't make most of this hack's tiles, and until I get the time to make the new tiles myself, the bad ones will be there. It's first priority though. there are more weird tiles in store for you, trust me.

Ooh, I can't wait for these tiles, gives me a chance to criticise something!

And the house would fit, if redone well by the way. And a look at the pallettes for everything would perhaps give this a bit of a lift in general, but isn't too important

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
The tree tiles are little bright for me, near the top, may I suggest a slightly darker green? Also, I find the tree tiles a bit oddly shaped, but not a major problem. Additionally, you misspelled very as veyr on the first post. I'd like to ask if Zangoose is the starter Pokemon?

Thank you very much for the typo. And the trees are misshaped because they are supposed to have things that stick out on the sides, but I removed them because they are only temporary.

And like in the above post, Zangoose might very well be the starter....

[T]ouko

Dedicated Scripter!
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
The tiles aren't bad, in my opininion. Exxept for the house, especially the dishes. Beside that I really like it! Is it possible that this hack was also active like end of last summer/fall? I think I saw a Social Group or a thread about it somewhere, is that this hack, or another?

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
The tiles aren't bad, in my opininion. Exxept for the house, especially the dishes. Beside that I really like it! Is it possible that this hack was also active like end of last summer/fall? I think I saw a Social Group or a thread about it somewhere, is that this hack, or another?

If you are talking about Team Pirate, then yes. This was the hack idea that I came up with and started a group to do it. Since we dropped it though I have refurbished it on my own to the point that now this hack is nothing like the one we were trying to make. So, it was originally my hack, and still is. I'm just doing it on my own now.

And just for confirmation, that house is the Professor's lab, that's what the dishes were for.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
The trees and grass and wild grass all look the same..... that kinda scares me. It seems too much like green jelly for some reason.

Also, I'd suggest to change that guy who calls the tree which might produce fruit "yummy" to a kid, as it's kinda strange to see a grown fat man say the word "yummy". Does he live in his mother's basement?

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
The trees and grass and wild grass all look the same..... that kinda scares me. It seems too much like green jelly for some reason.

Also, I'd suggest to change that guy who calls the tree which might produce fruit "yummy" to a kid, as it's kinda strange to see a grown fat man say the word "yummy". Does he live in his mother's basement?

...maybe

And Yeah, I'm changing the palettes as we speak.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Yay new hack :) i say like the abovce posts the trees and grass are all same palletes witch makes it blend it witch in fact isnt a good thing :) hmm those dishes look all packed on top of each other but in fact i like this hack lol i may beta test for you lol if i could lol ;)

[T]ouko

Dedicated Scripter!
Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
If you are talking about Team Pirate, then yes. This was the hack idea that I came up with and started a group to do it. Since we dropped it though I have refurbished it on my own to the point that now this hack is nothing like the one we were trying to make. So, it was originally my hack, and still is. I'm just doing it on my own now.

And just for confirmation, that house is the Professor's lab, that's what the dishes were for.

Ah I knew it :P

Anyway good luck, I certainly want to see more :D

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Yay new hack :) i say like the abovce posts the trees and grass are all same palletes witch makes it blend it witch in fact isnt a good thing :) hmm those dishes look all packed on top of each other but in fact i like this hack lol i may beta test for you lol if i could lol ;)

That would be great!

However, at this point there is nothing for you to test, so I'll Vm you up when you can :)

grotle_grovyle

Incredibly Lazy Brainstormer
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Wow, everything looks so original- in a good way! I don't mind the palettes the way they are, but at the same time I can't wait to see what they look like switched out :D

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
Mini Update:

picture.php

Completely edited about 4/5 palettes. Made them richer, and edited some tiles. The trees were all made from scratch. I plan to remake the paths next, after I redo my mountains I made. That palette was fixed to match this one. I also remade the player's house, because it didnt match, but that wasn't in the screenshot.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Mini Update:

picture.php

Completely edited about 4/5 palettes. Made them richer, and edited some tiles. The trees were all made from scratch. I plan to remake the paths next, after I redo my mountains I made. That palette was fixed to match this one. I also remade the player's house, because it didnt match, but that wasn't in the screenshot.

That's better, in my opinion. Only a few things from there. The trees, whilst nice, don't seem right. The small tree, in particular, doesn't quite look 3D, due to the shading. It lacks something, but that is only a small worry. There was something else, but it escaped me at the moment...

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
That's better, in my opinion. Only a few things from there. The trees, whilst nice, don't seem right. The small tree, in particular, doesn't quite look 3D, due to the shading. It lacks something, but that is only a small worry. There was something else, but it escaped me at the moment...

You're right about the small tree, fixing that...my fault... totally missed it while shading.

But the big tree, well, I like it a lot. So, whether or not it seems right, it stays. I made it from scratch, took me an hour, and it stays.

Same with the mountains. I'm sure as you play the hack you'll get used to the scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back