• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
12345: First of all, thanks for commenting and taking an interest! I really enjoyed Flora Sky :P

I did not notice that about the Safari Zone and I have no idea what would cause that.

The showpokepic error ONLY occurs if you play through the contest. If you don't, it's fine.

There are a few people who look like they might be trainers but aren't - This is because Wesley changed their scripts to be the same as other non-trainer NPCs. I fixed one or two that had other issues, but I would have to write new scripts to fix this. If I had to guess, I would say Wesley was running low on room :)

That text error, though, is ENTIRELY my bad. No clue how I missed that. That's what I get for not having Lauren beta-tested... It's fixed, but I'm not releasing a new patch for the currently two text errors people have pointed out. If I need to release a new patch to fix more serious bugs, it will fix this as well. :D

Thanks, and I hope you enjoyed it.

Years
Great work Snakebyte and WesleyFG for making this awesome translation :)

By the way... Venipede seems to be giving more experience points than its evolved form, Whirlipede :D

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
this sucks. i was hoping id get to play this on my phone but all that shows up is a white screen. even after i switched to flash 285 or whatever. its probably my fault though. ill try another ruby rom. other then that, you are the bomb diggity snakebyte. lol.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
can't wait for the walkthrough of this hack, thanks snakebyte for your hard work, i can't continue because i don't know how pokedex be upgraded, it only shows less than 200 pokemon...

Years
I'm slightly disappointed with the text though... I see a LOT of repeats with like people out in the streets and in Pokemon Centers... (I think someone mentioned this earlier on in the thread)

But other than that, this hack is great :D

Years
where can i find gible, riolu, dratini and larvitar? because i dont want to waste my time in safari zone if im not sure that dratini is there.

Years
I've played up to Groment City gym and beat Atlas, and I now have a Charizard and Electivire. When my Electabuzz evolved into Electivire it became Level 37 instead of 40. o_O Also shouldn't Beauty be Lady? Since they have the sprite similar to FR/LG's. Also I battled a Camper in Esmerald Gym with a Tranquill (replaces Nuzleaf) and a female Cool Trainer named Ruka with a male Cool Trainer overworld and a Level 28 Sandslash, this is in Route 406 before the 2nd gym badge so I don't think Wesley did this on purpose.

Years
whyyyyyyyy i cant get all johto starters like in port version why did u change that i cant believe it.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Wow it's already out...? O.o
That was kinda too quick xD
Though we should consider that as not complete since as we can see, some bugs are still remaining =)

it works very well, but may not work on the type of emulator you're using

anyway Sankebyte, THANK YOU for everything, and I did find a small, glitch.
At the beggining, where the doctor indtroduces herself and pokemon, it's partly in spanish. I quickly played up to the point where I read the old engraving, but nothing seems wrong in dialogue yet.

an btw, is the clock's background supposed to be dark? cuz all I see is the green clock, and a black background

anyway, Thanks!!
leews24, I really have no explanation for that at all. The text is simply NOT in the rom. All I can suggest is to delete the .sa1 or .sav file (assuming you're using VBA) and start over. Maybe you played a previous version? Or something? I have no idea, but it should be literally impossible for you to see that text as it hasn't existed in my rom in three weeks... First thing I changed.

EDIT: Maybe try a different Ruby rom...?
These two posts... it reminded me of something...
Snake, did you translate EVERY same string of level scripts?
By that I mean that that each level script has 9 or 10 same text strings and to get rid of portuguesse text, it's necessary to translate all strings.

I've played up to Groment City gym and beat Atlas, and I now have a Charizard and Electivire. When my Electabuzz evolved into Electivire it became Level 37 instead of 40. o_O Also shouldn't Beauty be Lady? Since they have the sprite similar to FR/LG's. Also I battled a Camper in Esmerald Gym with a Tranquill (replaces Nuzleaf) and a female Cool Trainer named Ruka with a male Cool Trainer overworld and a Level 28 Sandslash, this is in Route 406 before the 2nd gym badge so I don't think Wesley did this on purpose.
Yes, some pokemon in Ruby hacks might fall in levels when they evolve =)
As for the Ruka... I think that somehow SP's trainer was already in the game o.O

Back