• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Gold hack: Pokemon Bronze [COMPLETED]

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Just played through the whole thing.
Pretty sweet Demo, the only problem I have are:
Lots of scripts are the same just text and area edits.
Lots of Trainers are the same. E.G the first gym is water, yet has falkner's Bird Keepers.

The sprites you've used for custom people are good, but they don't fit the GSC style.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I'm no sprite artist but I did the best I could, it's too late to redo everything now.

Sounds like you downloaded an outdated version of the demo.
I've been doing my best to mask events and scripts so they don't appear too much like the originals from gold. I'm not the best romhacker out there but it gets better the further you go in the game though.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Just beat the elite four. Now all that's left to play test is the short after quest.
Then I'll finish off the new town I added and others can begin beta testing!

So far I only came across one game breaking glitch which I managed to fix.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
The non badge GYM in the new town I added:
opgm.png

Also Cinnabar flourishes once more!
cinn2.png
cinn.png

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
looks absol-utly beautiful. i cannot wait to play this, as i have said this meny upon various times. any estimate on full release?

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
I don't know why more people aren't posting here... This hack looks AWESOME, and Gen II hacks have always been my favorite (and what I feel is, unfortunately, the generation hacked least of all!). Keep up the good work, I'll be one of the first people to download this when it's finally released, lol.

EDIT: Also, you should definitely consider making Pokemon like Alakazam, Slowking, Scizor, etc. obtainable. I know you said that this hack isn't about catching them all, but it really frustrates me when I play a hack, use someone like Kadabra on my main team, and then realize I can't evolve it to Alakazam because the creator didn't change its method of evolution. While it's ultimately up to you, I would definitely recommend that you make these Pokemon evolvable, whether it be by level-up, or by adding a Tradestone like in Pokemon Brown, or by making King's Rock and Metal Coat usable as a method of evolution instead of just holdable, etc.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I'm just about ready to start sending out the mostly finished game for beta testing.

If you're someone that has worked on your own hacks and you would like to play an early version and report me any bugs you come across or spelling mistakes, etc. Let me know you're interested below.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Sorry for the lack of updates, but I've been giving the main events in the game another passover and changing them up a bit more so hopefully It will be even less like Gold.

PokemonBronze_01.png

I've learned a bit more about coding, so I've been doing stuff like openable shutters.
PokemonBronze_05.png
PokemonBronze_06.png

And I've added a forest that has a maze you have to get through by using TNT plungers to clear the right path.

plung.png

It is possible that all this new stuff I'm doing might delay the hack until 2013... but at least the end product will be even better than I expected.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Added a new area where you find the antagonists.

This is its tileset:
tielcar_zps83524c37.png

And this is the building:
bidor_zps8b06450f.png

I don't think they've had a location like this in any Pokemon game.
I'm not sure I only ever played the first three generations.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Added a new area where you find the antagonists.

This is its tileset:
tielcar_zps83524c37.png

And this is the building:
bidor_zps8b06450f.png

I don't think they've had a location like this in any Pokemon game.
I'm not sure I only ever played the first three generations.
Everything is looking great! I especially like the car! Keep up the awesomeness!

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
trailer's sweet. The new stuff you added looks great. Can't wait to see the intro first hand. Keep up the hard work.

Back