• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Gold hack: Pokemon Bronze [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
If you don't mind me asking even though the answer will be play it and find out, but what are the features/highlights of this hack?
New/Later Gen Poke's
Fakemon
etc..

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
If you don't mind me asking even though the answer will be play it and find out, but what are the features/highlights of this hack?
New/Later Gen Poke's
Fakemon
etc..

The hook is it's mostly like a regular Pokemon game made in Gen II.

There are little nuances like patchy grass Pokemon are less likely to appear in, and references to some current things, but mostly it's just your regular Pokemon affair with a couple new Pokemon.

Years
Great movie. I still have it on VHS.

Also, as far as the remake suggestion goes, I've been thinking for a while that I might go into Gen III hacking once I finish the Gen II hacks that I have planned, but I don't really know what I'd want to do in terms of a Gen III hack yet. So far I had been considering starting by making a remake of my Johto Legacy games to learn Gen III hacking, but now that you say that I'll consider a Bronze remake as a possibility for the future as well. No idea when I would get around to that though.

If you made a GEN 3 remake of christmas i think that would be awesome.

And this is Beta 1 and its the full game???

Why do i get the feeling theres only 1 or 2 gyms?

And why charmander, todadile and pichu as starters? wait why even pichu in the first place? I'm curious, there must be more starters i can obtain during the game.

I go to some underground place and end up in virdian city???? Im so confused!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
If you made a GEN 3 remake of christmas i think that would be awesome.

And this is Beta 1 and its the full game???

Why do i get the feeling theres only 1 or 2 gyms?

And why charmander, todadile and pichu as starters? wait why even pichu in the first place? I'm curious, there must be more starters i can obtain during the game.

I go to some underground place and end up in virdian city???? Im so confused!

This is not Beta 1. This is version 1.0.
1.0 usually means the first complete build. It's the full game.

I chose those starters because they're my three favourites of the starters in red/yellow/gold.

And you wouldn't be confused if you actually like, read the NPC text.

Years
Im at the first gym. Im just wondering how I got to kanto virdian city in such a short walking distance.

And the first gym is water type and I picked charmander......im screwed...

So then kanto will be the second world im guessing since there is a guy blocking my path in virdian city. 16 badges then? So there will be 2 water type gyms? One being misty?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Im at the first gym. Im just wondering how I got to kanto virdian city in such a short walking distance.

And the first gym is water type and I picked charmander......im screwed...

So then kanto will be the second world im guessing since there is a guy blocking my path in virdian city. 16 badges then? So there will be 2 water type gyms? One being misty?

The entirety of Kanto is not there, just some of it so no.

Originally the walking distance was twice as long but I decided to cut it down because walking for that long was just too boring.

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2013
I think I found a game-breaking bug - after I defeated the Racket Leader, I couldn't take the LOST BADGE, because the game said my inventory was full (even though it wasn't). Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my savegame always said that I have 8 badges when in reality I only had 7 (it weirdly counted the unofficial gym as one).

While I am at it: are there ways to evolve Sneasel and Kadabra without the item / trading?

EDIT: Using VBA fixed it.

Last edited:
Years
Yes that was going to be my next question. So far Freako i am enjoying this hack. Its like a entirely different game. 2nd generation hacks i love the most, including the Christmas hack by mateo.

So then, is there a way to evolve certain pokemon that usually involves trading? Like kadabra, Graveler, Machoke, Haunter?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Talk to people in Brandeis City.

I really don't understand how people keep missing this. He's right in the center of the town and he tells you where to go.

The 6th and 7th badge are in the same city.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Hey Freako! This is amazing. I'm gonna play this asap but was wondering if we encountered any bugs or glitches would you take the time to fix them or are you really done now?

Back