• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
It's interesting that Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool says that there are memory problems when I was still in campus, and froze the computer, but none of that shows up when I'm home.

Further investigation is probably needed.

Years
Hmm, hopefully it isn't your RAM slot going bad :/

That reminds me, in my server machine, there's a bad RAM slot.. or at least you can't use both of them simultaneously. I discovered this while it was my main desktop back from 2008-2012, and I tried putting two 1GB sticks of DDR2 RAM into it, but it was only reading one of them. I had to put a 2GB stick of RAM for it to be maxed out. Wonder what happened there.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hmm, hopefully it isn't your RAM slot going bad :/

I'm thinking of running the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool's extended test overnight until I wake up tomorrow. (It'd be the perfect stress test for both CPU and memory, but it takes forever to run. I've already run standard tests on the memory, which failed on campus, but ran successfully at home.)

I do hope so, or I'd probably end up with only a Surface (again) while I plan on getting a new laptop. Preferably preconfigured at shipping time, and also I'd think that it might be a good time for me to join the true SSD party.

That reminds me, in my server machine, there's a bad RAM slot.. or at least you can't use both of them simultaneously. I discovered this while it was my main desktop back from 2008-2012, and I tried putting two 1GB sticks of DDR2 RAM into it, but it was only reading one of them. I had to put a 2GB stick of RAM for it to be maxed out. Wonder what happened there.

Some hardware are more fickle than others when it comes to memory slots and what's in it. Check your motherboard documentation.

Years
If the clock speeds don't match, some boards will be fickle. Also, if one stick is an unsupported clock speed, the board just won't see it. I've encountered this quite a bit in OEM desktops (the desktops that come already assembled from HP, Dell, Gateway, and others of that ilk).

Years
Eh, didn't think this was worth making a whole thread for so I hope you don't mind me barging in for a second >.<

I wanted people's opinion on something. Currently I'm using a MacBook Pro 13" and realized that considering my academic program requires me to be in front of the computer nearly 24/7, the screen has become a slight problem. Being the Apple product fan I am, I'm wondering whether I should get an iMac or just the Thunderbolt Display monitor. Either way, I'm going to have to figure out where to put the thing XD

Was originally thinking of just building a custom gaming PC, but I decided against it D:

Years
Eh, didn't think this was worth making a whole thread for so I hope you don't mind me barging in for a second >.<

I wanted people's opinion on something. Currently I'm using a MacBook Pro 13" and realized that considering my academic program requires me to be in front of the computer nearly 24/7, the screen has become a slight problem. Being the Apple product fan I am, I'm wondering whether I should get an iMac or just the Thunderbolt Display monitor. Either way, I'm going to have to figure out where to put the thing XD

Was originally thinking of just building a custom gaming PC, but I decided against it D:
It'd honestly be up to you, really. If you have an Apple TV, you should be able to mirror your display to that over the network. However, it just really entirely depends as well what you're doing because the specs between your MacBook Pro and a new iMac are going to be different.

So it seems that even with the new GDR3 update to my phone, there's still no way to actually "stop" music.. it's either pause or play, and then reset it to get it to truly stop. Hopefully Microsoft can think of a way to "stop" music.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Damn, your server only has two memory slots, and you only put 2 gigs in it? You know 8 GB RAM cards exist, right?

Methinks you should just go and buy a new motherboard. How old is it (seeing that 2008-2012 doesn't really tell us much)?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
What ever happened to 3d printing

It's still going on, but it's not quite in the limelight at this point. 3D printing is still rather immature and not quite well suited for the general public at this point, though, as with any technology, it's going to improve soon, consistently. Remember the first 3D printers? I don't want to remember that - today's are miles ahead.

This assignment is making my head kind of spin. I know my logic is good. The only problem? How to make use of pthreads(). (I'm coding within a virtual machine again.)

Years
Hmm 3D printing.. that seems like a topic of its own, but I'm not sure how much of an interest it would spark, really :3

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
There seems to be something with my email address and unexpected sign-ups to dating sites. -.-;;

*contacts Plentyoffish Customer Support*

Years
I've never had anyone sign me up for stuff using my email address thank gosh, but I've heard of people using their email accounts to make an Apple ID. The person I knew that had their email address used on someone else's Apple ID actually took the account and found information. Then again, this person's email name is something a little more common than my screenname.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think there is a very good reason why sites should send a confirmation email every time a user signs up :)

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
I think there is a very good reason why sites should send a confirmation email every time a user signs up :)

Really? What do you think it's for. Aside from basic security reasons.

In a way it seems good enough to keep bots away, and other types of disturbing nuisances, but if I had to pick having those around and having to go to my email just to do the confirmation, I would go with bots, I am probably too lazy to even be discussing about this. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back