• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Awesome Map Editor (AME)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
Could you tell us what core features are missing to have an alpha release? (or perhaps give us a todo list eheh)

P.S. alpha release still planned before the end of the year?

Years
Could you tell us what core features are missing to have an alpha release? (or perhaps give us a todo list eheh)

P.S. alpha release still planned before the end of the year?

Here is an FAQ:

Q: When will the first alpha version of AME be released?

A: When it is ready.

Q: But when will it be ready?

A: When it is released.

Adapted from here

Oh, hey, red and green usernames. Cute.

pokedude9

Creator (with Diego) of AME and ASE
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
@easyaspi:
I would be very grateful if you didn't answer questions that are clearly directed to us. Next time, I will report your post as spam. Please stop that.

@EddyHg80:
Hey, welcome to this website :-). TODO list can be found on Github, but I believe we haven't updated it for a long time now. We initially planned to release an alpha that hasall or most of AdvanceMap's features at the end of this year, unfortunately progress hasn't really been made due to me and Diego both attending university and working simutaneously. Plus we found some meta-data and wrong pointers that AdvanceMap wrote into the ROMs, leading to either a lot of errors thrown by the internal error log system, or segfaults due to some uncaught exceptions... Either way, I will soon speak with Diego about what measurements we will take next. :-)

Best regards,
Pokedude

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
Hey, welcome to this website :-). TODO list can be found on Github, but I believe we haven't updated it for a long time now. We initially planned to release an alpha that hasall or most of AdvanceMap's features at the end of this year, unfortunately progress hasn't really been made due to me and Diego both attending university and working simutaneously. Plus we found some meta-data and wrong pointers that AdvanceMap wrote into the ROMs, leading to either a lot of errors thrown by the internal error log system, or segfaults due to some uncaught exceptions... Either way, I will soon speak with Diego about what measurements we will take next. :-)

Best regards,
Pokedude

Thank you for the answer!
Yeah I would love an updated todo since I check the github repository every now and then :D
Thank you very much for all the work you guys put into this tools :)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Thank you for the answer!
Yeah I would love an updated todo since I check the github repository every now and then :D
Thank you very much for all the work you guys put into this tools :)
Thanks for your support!

Hey, so we haven't really shown off any images recently, so here's some to show off what we've been doing!
tpamihl.png

First off, it might not look like much but this is the double-click to travel to a connection feature being shown off! Moving them around will come at a future moment.

bkFWv7i.png

Secondly, Pokedude's entity view. That pink square around the NPC is its movement boundary, an invisible box placed around it from which it can't leave while it moves around.

7aUWoKO.png

And thirdly, the wild Pokémon selection screen, still under development. I mainly wanted to show off that Pokedude got the party icons to display here, which makes this screen look awesome!

And finally, in regards to our plan to release an alpha before the end of the year that matches A-Map: that won't be happening. When we said that, we had a lot more free time and didn't expect university to punch us in the face as hard as it did. But don't fret! We'll be releasing something before the year is up...

Years
I wonder if the Wild Pokémon tab wouldn't look better with two, shorter columns, instead of one long one? It might use up some of that empty space to the right while getting rid of the scrollbar. Minor nitpick, lol.

This is looking really good! Hype levels are building, keep it up guys.

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Spoiler:
Use spoilers for quotes and pictures it makes it look nicer, like up there. It's basic internet etiquette, or it should be. Maybe it is and that's why ignored but anyway, is the pokemon spawn editing worse than in MEH, and could I use this to fix an older busted rom hack?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Great work you're doing here, diego.
I'd like to offer my tool-breaking abilities to locate as many bugs for you as well as compile any more common features that might be missing from this. If you want my help, let me know and I'll do it. I did it with karatekid and his G3HS and I also did it with MEH.

Also, if a donation will keep you at this, I'd like to make one. Just PM me your paypal info.

Keep up the great work

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2023
This looks like its coming along great! I can't wait to be able to use this. Quick question, will there support for expanded .inis with an expanded dex or smth?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I am so patiently waiting for this map editor to come out. I am beyond ready to cast A-Map to the depths of digital hell in favor of this.

My only suggestion would be to make the Trainer box on person events a clickable button like A-Map did, since I can forsee newbies asking "how do I make a trainer event?" from miles away.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Hey Diego and pokedude, what's your preferred way to receive patches? I've created a fork on github, so pull requests there would be easy. Until now i only did some minor changes, but i will try to keep working on it.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022
Pull requests are the best way to contribute, and thanks for helping!
please release soon

I want too stop using pokemon advance map already I can't even right click to delete a map.

I feel that I shouldn't just replace the map because its just way easier to start from scratch imo.

Back