• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Journey Log [Part 1]

Years
White 2 Playthrough Adventure Log

Introduction:
On the suggestion of others at my thread asking about how I could make a playthrough of White 2 a bit more interesting, I am going to log my journey here and share with experience with you all. I'm going to try not to write too much and just write about the important parts as I have a tendency to ramble too much when I write.
I am already 8 hours 21 minutes into said journey but I'm not exactly rushing through it either. For this playthrough, I wanted to just play casually at my own pace and not try to rush through it. Also, I'm not going to try to form the ideal team but I am going to use Pokemon that I want to use, which in this case is a balance of viability and theme.
That being said, I will catch you up to where I am now, and what has happened along the way. :)
All I've played up to this point was during Hurricane Irma to pass the time without electricity or light since we had shutters up and all just to give you a bit of context. I hope you enjoy.

Journey:
Aspertia City to Floccesy Ranch
Spoiler:

I've always roleplayed as myself in Pokemon games so for this playthrough I wanted to try something different and picked female and gave myself the name 'Stella', one of my favorite female names. Kano(meaning 'water god' in Japanese) the Oshawott was the starter I chose, modest in nature and alert to sounds(I was excited about this). Besides the normal introduction story line and tutorials, I did decide to catch a Sewaddle to add to my team. Aurora is a modest natured Sewaddle who is quick tempered. I've never used Sewaddle before and didn't even remember what the evolutions were so I was excited to see how it grew. Next on my list was to go to Floccesy Ranch to catch a Riolu which would be my first team member and would help with fighting Cheren catching every new Pokemon along the way. I then spent what seemed like an hour and a half to 2 hours looking for a perfect riolu after it had taken around 30 minutes to even encounter one like a person with a gambling addiction. I went back and beat Cheren and received the Basic Badge before Bianca shows up and tricks me into turning on my c-gear which crashes the game which I hadn't saved since I got to Floccessy Ranch. I repeated the process and found a serious Riolu who is somewhat vain and decided he was a keeper. I named him Muhammad. While I was at Floccesy Ranch and during the process of me hunting for my Riolu I decided I would pick up a Mareep to take with me for the long haul. I caught a mild natured Mareep who is alert to sounds that I named Genesis.

Using this team, along with some randoms I caught along the way to log in the Pokedex, I defeated Cheren in an admittedly close battle. This is my first time playing with 'Set' battle style instead of 'Switch' and I forgot how much harder it is. I also didn't expect Cheren's Patrat and Lillipup to pack so much punch, doing half my pokemons' health each time they use tackle. It's a good thing the AI isn't intelligent enough to just use tackle each turn. I also found Riolu to be not much help against him since his only fighting type move was Counter, which was really inconsistent.

Virbank City
Spoiler:

I moved on to Virbank city, went to the Virbank Complex where I battled all the idle workers, and caught a modestnatured Growlithe(after quite some time of looking) who likes to thrash aboutthat I named Jackson after my girlfriend's Jack Russel who I adore. While I was in the Virbank Complex, Gensis evolved into a Flaaffy which is decidedly much less cute than it's previous form but it has grown on me. I was hoping she would stay bipedal. I explored the whole city before challenging Roxie in the second gym of the game. The battles were pretty easy up until I had to fight Roxie's whirlipede who caught me off guard and whiped nearly my whole team single handedly. The poison point ability is really what caught me off guard since it took me a bit to figure out what it did and by that my point all my pokemon were whiped by the poison point, venoshock combo. Oshawott finally defeated her and I recieved the Toxic Badge. Note to self: consider catching a Venipede after figuring out where to find one.

Pokestar Studios!
Spoiler:

After beating the gym at Virbank, I was picked up by a talent scout and shot a movie at Pokestar Studios, after-which I continued to release 3 more hugely successful pieces of cinematography.

Castelia City
Spoiler:

Finally, where I have left off, I since rode to Castelia City and explored the entire city and I am now entering the Castelia Sewers to chase Team Plasma. I've already walked around a good amount but since I wasn't focused and I was ok with all the experience I was getting through battles I mostly just stumbled around and was double-backing getting lost. So I ended up getting tired and stopped playing for the day. However, while I was in the sewers Aurora the Sewaddle evolved to Swadloon and quickly after to Leavanny since my friendship was already high enough. Kano the Oshawott also evolved into Dewott. This was a nice way to end my session, feeling accomplished in the growth of my dear Pokemon.

My Current Team:
Spoiler:

Info:
Spoiler:

Conclusion:
I hope you enjoyed reading about the first part of my journey through Unova again. I said I was going to try to keep it short but it ended up being a decent chunk of text. I didn't know I was going to start doing this throughout my playtime so far so next update should be much better as I'll have the experience fresh in my mind and I can write about it as I go along. I also want to include some in-game pictures in the next one, for example, to show my team, my badge book maybe, and maybe pictures of a few key events.

This is my first time doing something like this so please let me know if you enjoyed this, and please let me know if you like the format, writing, and your general thoughts. Also let me know if you have any suggestions for Pokemon to add to my team because I'm not sure I'll keep all the 5 I have now and I have one more open spot left. I feel like I want some kind of defensive wall and a hazard/status pokemon, but I'm still learning about the ones I have now. It's also probably a good idea to get an HM slave.

Until next time...
-Krazzikk

Last edited:

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
I think your Riolu name based on Muhammad Ali, right?

Anyway, I must say this is Interesting Oh wait, you have mentioned

I'll keep my eyes for the next part.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Great job so far! Maaaybe add something cool like Krookodile? Your current needs the cool factor Krookodile will bring ;) Sorry Lucario lovers, Krook = Lucario

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Hey! Glad to see you're using Leavanny :]

I can vouch for Krook being an amazing mon in this game, especially if you get moxie as its ability

Other mons I'll throw out that would fit your team are: Reuniclus (think its in white 2), Golurk (awesome mon, truly awesome), and Vanilluxe (bye bye dragons!)

Last edited:
Years
As I approach Elesa's gym I'm reminded of how annoying it is without a ground type, or especially without a rock move since her Emolga's are immune to ground. So I may end up having to pick up something with a rock move/type but Krookadile isn't going to cut it. Perhaps an Onix from Relic Passage?

Years
I know that Sandile and Sandshrew both learn Dig and Rock Tomb, so they could easily help. The latter also has the Defense stat to take hits, and evolves into Sandslash very quickly so it's a neat counter to Elesa.

Back