• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

LindseyTNamez

Wataru's Dragon Protege
Years
Okay I REALLY like the storyline so far, and the choices you make allowing you to branch out through the game.
I encountered a few spelling things but I don't mind those, I'm not a spelling/grammar nut. But there is something that should be addressed. Depending what building you go into, it can take you sometimes walking back and forth a few times at the door to get out. Then I went into the forest (I hadn't gotten my first badge yet and I was just leveling up the fakemon, which is AWESOME btw) and now I can't leave at all, neither entrance or exit. Major bug there. I'll go back on a save file and start again from after talking to the professor in the lab and aim to get the egg again and go for the first gym leader without touching the forest.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Okay I REALLY like the storyline so far, and the choices you make allowing you to branch out through the game.
I encountered a few spelling things but I don't mind those, I'm not a spelling/grammar nut. But there is something that should be addressed. Depending what building you go into, it can take you sometimes walking back and forth a few times at the door to get out. Then I went into the forest (I hadn't gotten my first badge yet and I was just leveling up the fakemon, which is AWESOME btw) and now I can't leave at all, neither entrance or exit. Major bug there. I'll go back on a save file and start again from after talking to the professor in the lab and aim to get the egg again and go for the first gym leader without touching the forest.

I posted this in the bugs section. You have to press A against the exits to get in and out of the forest.

Its just temporary since I know my waprs aren't working but don't know how to fix them.

Which spelling things, exactly?

Does anyone know what the problems with the warps could be? I have no clue, tried all movement permission combinations, placing the warps on different tiles, everything, but sometimes they just don't seem to work, so I have to use the pressing A thing which isn't ideal =(

This looks awesome is it done if not how far does i go.

It's fully complete up to Natur Path. The areas after that are playable-in but not complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I'm gonna try it out. I'll report anything that mifht need improvements or bugs here.

Thank you!

Someone pointed out spelling mistakes, if you see any can you please tell me where they are so I can fix them asap! I thought I was on point most of the time but I haaaate spelling errors in hacks so it'll annoy me till I find them lol

Years
The starter is ??? type. It makes the pokemon weaker because now there are no STAB attacks for it(I believe), leaving the second gym makes you come out of the herbalist store, trying to leave mt ore a second time resaulst indiffuculity, you have to mess around with the Up down Left Right to actualy leave. These are just the major things i thought I should mention.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
The starter is ??? type. It makes the pokemon weaker because now there are no STAB attacks for it(I believe), leaving the second gym makes you come out of the herbalist store, trying to leave mt ore a second time resaulst indiffuculity, you have to mess around with the Up down Left Right to actualy leave. These are just the major things i thought I should mention.

I am aware some warps don't work properly. I made signpost scripts so that you can get in and out of the forest (& mt.ore too) by pressing A, but in the new release I've replaced this with trip scripts so that they at least ACT like normal warps for now...

Your starter being ???-type is fully intentional. =)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
That sogen gardens level script error has worried me a lot, in all my testing it only happens when you come out of the lab for the first time =\ how did you make that happen?

Years
I don't know.
I left the lab, and didn't pick researcher. I battled the girl rival, lost and tried to go back there to rebattle and that happend.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I don't know.
I left the lab, and didn't pick researcher. I battled the girl rival, lost and tried to go back there to rebattle and that happend.

Ah, so you lost the battle... I hadn't thought about that...

Would you recommend I make her pokemon levels lower/easier to beat?

Other than ensuring the player beats Kiana at first encounter, I can't think of how to fix =(

Years
No, she was easy, my Pokemon was at low health lol. You could fix it by not making the character balck out and she just heals your fainted pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
No, she was easy, my Pokemon was at low health lol. You could fix it by not making the character balck out and she just heals your fainted pokemon.
Hmm, the only way I know how to do this is by using 0x3 at the end of the trainerbattle command instead of 0x0. But the downside to that is that the teaching-you-how-to-battle text comes up during =/

Years
. If you move the event so that after you leave the Pokemon center she chalanges you. And you could block the town off and make it say"Maybe i should checkout the Pokemon center" just a thought. That way you are healed. and if you lose, she disappears and the man selling magikarp walks up to you and blah blah blah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
A few little updates include the forest warps having a more efficient replacement, Azradon now has a menu icon, I THINK I've found a way to fix the Pokedex glitch, some new OWs have been implemented and now all TMs have been edited for a refreshing new TM list - for moves we all wished there were TMs for! (Or rather, the TMs I wished for =P)

I have also started to edit the palettes of the standard FR tiles to make them look A BIT more fresh, since I have no knowledge of tiles or anything.
I am slowly getting the hang of it and changed the grass and trees only, but I don't really like the colours. Has anyone got some suggestions for me on a better colour scheme to use? I wanted it to look warmer than the originals, if that makes sense. I like the grass colour but the trees... I dunno what to do with 'em.

5cceh4.png

[the above will be included in next release.]

Also upon re-playing it myself I came across a new worry. I didn't want this game to be full of freebie pokemon; I never liked hacks full of NPCs who would just randomly give you a pokemon for nothing. However I feel like I might have given the opportunity to get some special pokemon too early...

Thoughts, anyone?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
. If you move the event so that after you leave the Pokemon center she chalanges you. And you could block the town off and make it say"Maybe i should checkout the Pokemon center" just a thought. That way you are healed. and if you lose, she disappears and the man selling magikarp walks up to you and blah blah blah

Great ideas! Thanks. I've sort of combined everything you said into one simple event that I've added in the lab that won't change any of my original scripts. =)

Spoiler:

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
This hack looks really cool, I'm already enthralled and I've only gotten to the second town in the alpha! :) In any case, it's a very good hack, and I expect a lot more will go into this, if you need any help with suggestions, then go ahead and ask!

Back