• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I was editing the connections of my maps, as the new maps had totally different connections. I had to edit the offset, and luckily I got it right off the bat. However, the game glitches when I try to re-enter the first map. I can go from the first to the second fine, but trying to return causes the game to freeze and the screen to go all weird (palettes change and everything just... Glitches). This has happened before, but was usually fixed by simply editing the Zero Out number (from 0000 to 0080, though I have no idea what it does). That didn't work this time. Can anyone help me fix it?
Just reposting my question. Here are some screens (attached), perhaps that'll give people a better idea on what I need to do?
The first screen is the map I exit from. The second is the one I enter. The third is what happens when I try to return to the first map. It should also be noted that none of the map names appear as I enter them, for some reason. This's never happened before :\

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Did you edit the offset on both sides, with one being a positive number, the other negative to make them line up perfectly?

Years
Well they lined up perfectly anyway, with their offsets both being -28. I changed one to (positive)28 and they no longer aligned properly. It's not so much an alignment problem, the game just screws up when I try to go to that map.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Okay, I installed the DPPt ROM base for FireRed. Why does the honey tree glitch up in Viridian? It shows a blue outline and that's pretty much it! It's solid, but colorless! I replaced Palette 7 with the one from Pallet Town, but it still glitches! Why?

Years
Okay, I installed the DPPt ROM base for FireRed. Why does the honey tree glitch up in Viridian? It shows a blue outline and that's pretty much it! It's solid, but colorless! I replaced Palette 7 with the one from Pallet Town, but it still glitches! Why?

That ROM Base isn't great in that way- it needs a secondary palette for a tile in the primary tileset. When replacing the palette (hardly worth it, IMO), you need to click "Write Palette Changes to ROM" under the Palette option in the Block Editor, otherwise it won't work. I you'd done that, I dunno what it could be. Personally, I suggest editing the honey tree yourself so that it fits into Palette 5- that way you wont need to replace any palettes at all.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Well they lined up perfectly anyway, with their offsets both being -28. I changed one to (positive)28 and they no longer aligned properly. It's not so much an alignment problem, the game just screws up when I try to go to that map.

But, have you walked far away enough to not see the connection, then walked back? If the maps are still connected, dunno what the problem is. If they aren't, then they are aligned wrong.

Also, have you tried making the other 28, instead of the one you did change, keeping that as -28?

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020

That ROM Base isn't great in that way- it needs a secondary palette for a tile in the primary tileset. When replacing the palette (hardly worth it, IMO), you need to click "Write Palette Changes to ROM" under the Palette option in the Block Editor, otherwise it won't work. I you'd done that, I dunno what it could be. Personally, I suggest editing the honey tree yourself so that it fits into Palette 5- that way you wont need to replace any palettes at all.

I'm going to try both (even though Pal5 is entirely different than the modified Pal7) and I'll post the results.

EDIT: Okay, took me a few tries to save again and again, but it safely saved into the whole game. Thanks!

Last edited:

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
Years
Dear PokeCommunity and friends,

Hello everyone! How's everyone doing?

Apologies if this is the wrong section to post this...

The reason your students can't set up warps to custom maps is (Hopefully I'm right about this) is because these maps have not yet been assigned to a map bank. In A-Map, you should notice that warps work by teleporting you to another warp located in [Map Bank] [Map Number]. When creating new maps, they by default aren't in a map bank, and can't be warped too. To fix this, you need to insert the map into a bank, which can be done by loading the custom map, which is found in the map files folder on the far left. Then click the 'Insert Map' button, which is in the top-leftish, to the left of the symbol with the Warp button with a blue arrow beneath it.When you click this, a window will pop up. At the bottom of this window, you'll see, "Create new space", with the drop-down menu of 'Bank'. This will be the map bank it will inserted into. Fill that out, then press 'create and insert'. It will tell you '[Map] successfully registered as [Map bank you chose] [Map number]" Something along those lines. I hope that works, that's what I did.

Okay, now my own question.
Is there any way to replicate Electivire's Motor Drive ability in a 3rd generation hack? This ability wasn't introduced until Generation 4 and I'd like to use it my hack. Could somebody direct me to a tool/tutorial that will help me accomplish this goal? Thanks.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
I have a few questions, some of which may be simple, some of which, not so much. I'm using Fire Red as the ROM I'm hacking.

1. How do I edit the title screen and the world map?

2. How do I get a script related song to continue playing after exiting the "give a nickname to the Pokémon" screen?

3. THIS IS THE BIG IMPORTANT QUESTION THAT COULD EITHER SAVE OR KILL MY HACK. I've progressed quite a good ways into my hack, but somewhere along the way the Oak intro got glitched. Right after he says "This world... ...is inhabited by creatures we call Pokémon.", the game just freezes. This also happens in every trainer battle in the game; right after the opponent sends out their Pokémon, the game freezes. Almost the same for wild Pokémon battles, however, it gets to the point where you send your Pokémon out, then it shows a glitched sprite and the game freezes. Does anyone have any idea what went wrong?

TDCass

Glitch Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
I'm attempting to find the program RS Ball, but the downloads I find are inevitably riddled with viruses, et cetera, and I can't find a legit download to save my life. I tried downloading the EliteMap package from the DarkTech website, and it said that was a virus, and I'm practically at wits end.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I'm attempting to find the program RS Ball, but the downloads I find are inevitably riddled with viruses, et cetera, and I can't find a legit download to save my life. I tried downloading the EliteMap package from the DarkTech website, and it said that was a virus, and I'm practically at wits end.

It is mainly a virus, AdvanceMap is so much better. Anyway, if you could tell me what RS Ball does, I'd be happy to find you a better tool.

TDCass

Glitch Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
RS Ball extracts sprites from the game into bmp form so they can be edited.

TDCass

Glitch Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
Thanks much, Heart, I needed a program to get me back into my editing, and was just more familiar with RS Ball

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
You need other tools, come down to me. I have a bunch and I link to their threads.

TDCass

Glitch Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
Well, I tried unLZ-- It keeps giving me what looks like colored static images, and RS Ball ONLY brought up sprites, and gave an option to dump all of the sprites to the directory that the program was in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back