• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good Training Methods Pre-E4?

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Okay, so I was monotyping a LeafGreen emulator (let me tell you now, my topic has nothing to do with monotypes or emulators) and I have a fairly balanced team (Venusaur, Nidoking, Golbat, Swalot, Haunter, Tentacruel), but my entire team is 10-12 levels lower than Champion Gary's Pidgeot, and my whole team was at half health because I ran out of Potions, which AGAIN was because my Pokemon are a little underleveled. Please let me know how I can train each individual Pokemon the fastest. Also, I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism on those movesets.

Venusaur Lv. 48
Moves:
Cut
Flash
Frenzy Plant
Razor Leaf

Nidoking Lv. 51
Moves:
Thrash
Rock Slide
Dig
Megahorn

Golbat Lv. 48
Moves:
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Giga Drain
Bite

Swalot Lv. 49
Moves:
Sludge Bomb
Rock Smash
Stockpile
Strength

Haunter Lv. 48
Moves:
Hypnosis
Sludge Bomb
Dream Eater
Psychic

Tentacruel Lv. 47
Moves:
Acid
Surf
Bubblebeam
Barrier

I'll accept any advice. Thanks!

Years
I haven't played these games in years, but i play emerald a lot and what i did in emerald is search for trainers that wanted a rematch and versed them, then when i ran out of people to train against, i would train in victory road for a while until they wanted another rematch. There are probably better methods but this is mine.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Golbat and Haunter can train up fairly vast by vs. seeker against the fighting-type trainers outside Ember Spa. There's a spot you can stand to get around 3 or 4 rematches at once, and running into Ember Spa, healing and running back out again charges the vs. seeker.
Hell, I normally use it for all my team, but I'm just suggesting Haunter and Golbat will have it easiest.
Also, from your description it sounds like you've been to the Pokémon League, therefore you can Fly there, so ditch some HMs. Here's the movesets I'd go with (Adapting from yours):
Spoiler:

Back