• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mach Strike or Imperial Command?

Aduitt

Confused
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2018
What set is better for making a semi-competitive deck out of Mach Strike and Imperial Command?

Last edited:

Aduitt

Confused
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2018
For leagues, probably Mach Strike, but Imperial Command is probably just as fun even if it might not be as competitive.

Assuming I was to buy two of either set, then make a deck out of it; between the two, what requires the least amount of money put into it to make it more reliable?

Last edited:
Years
Assuming I was to buy two of either set, then make a deck out of it; between the two, what requires the least amount of money put into it to make it more reliable?

Probably Mach Strike, since it's got more variables in its play style that you can control to make it more consistently strike for 200.

Empoleon is dependent on your opponent filling out their bench (which, to be fair, a lot of top tier decks do) to reach that critical 200.

The most expensive cards for each deck will be staples like Rare Candy, N, Professor Sycamore, Tapu Lele GX, and Brigette, really. The only kinda expensive card outside the staples like these that I can think of for either one is Strong Energy for the Mach Strike deck, and that's fairly cheap at just over $3 US per copy on TCGPlayer.

Spirit Shackle, again, has a better idea on a viable Imperial Command list. I'll hit up the PokeCommunity Discord's TCG channel and hope he checks there and get back to you.

Last edited:
Years

Based on Spirit Shackle saying "Penguins and Foxes" in Discord, I'm thinking he runs Alolan Ninetales GX in it, but he might run the regular Alolan Ninetales instead.

I'm fairly certain that would make Imperial Command the pricier deck to make competitive.

Back