• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Username: ScoSap
Game: Fire Red
Era: The Pirate Golden Age
This will be my project for my Summer Break so until that starts I won't be able to play as much (yeah we still have a few days left at school in England *sigh*).
This should be fun and it is my first playthrough challenge outside of a Nuzlocke Variant :)

Years
Guess i'll throw my next bit of progress in here, which I did to get a couple badges for SA. Also I decided i'm not gonna bother with pictures anymore.

Black 2 Medeival Era Challenge - Update #2

Spoiler:

So here's my team:
Spoiler:

That's enough for today I think.

Last edited:
Years
Update:
Finally started this challenge last week, caught a Mankey at Route 22 and then caught a Pikachu in the Viridian Forest, then I took on Brock and beat him after a couple of attempts (it was pretty much the Mankey show). After exiting Pewter I caught a Spearow on Route 3 and took care of Team Rocket in Mt Moon and then healed up in Cerulean and beat Gary :)
My Team So Far:
Mozer (Pikachu): Level 16
Heredia (Mankey) : Level 17
Jan (Spearow) : Level 12

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
Years
Username: nikkissippi121
Game: Crystal
Era: Industrial Revolution
Also, quick question - how often should we update here? Is it okay to just update when we've beaten a league or something? (I was thinking post-Johto, then post-Kanto)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
You can post updates as often as you want to. There's no set checkpoint for updates.

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
Years
Sorry for posting again so quickly, but I have a question. In the games where Fairy-type doesn't exist yet and it's banned for our era, are the Pokemon that would be Fairy-type still banned? For example, Togepi is Normal-type until Gen VI, when it becomes Fairy-type. Since I'm playing Crystal, would I be able to use it or not? Thanks. :)

EDIT: Beat the E4! Here's my team:
Quake the Graveler - Lv. 58, male - Rollout, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Earthquake - caught as Geodude at Lv. 3 on Route 46 (the south end, by Route 29)
Cinder the Typhlosion - Lv. 49, male - Cut, Iron Tail, Ember, Flame Wheel - starter
Rocky the Onix - Lv. 43, male - Rage, Strength, Rock Throw, Earthquake - caught at Lv. 6 in Union Cave
Karpe Diem the Gyarados - Lv. 65, male - Dragon Rage, Surf, DragonBreath, Hyper Beam - caught at Lv. 10 on Route 32
Helper the Noctowl - Lv. 39, female - Peck, Mud-Slap, Fly, Hypnosis - caught at Lv. 16 on Route 39
Shiny Diem the Red Gyarados - Lv. 45, male - Whirlpool, Bite, Dragon Rage, Waterfall - caught at Lv. 30 at the Lake of Rage

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Sorry for posting again so quickly, but I have a question. In the games where Fairy-type doesn't exist yet and it's banned for our era, are the Pokemon that would be Fairy-type still banned? For example, Togepi is Normal-type until Gen VI, when it becomes Fairy-type. Since I'm playing Crystal, would I be able to use it or not? Thanks. :)

The Fairy type was added in for people playing Generation VI games. There's no clause that states that you can't use a pokemon because it becomes a fairy typein Gen VI.So go right ahead and use Togepi if you want^^

Years
The Fairy type was added in for people playing Generation VI games. There's no clause that states that you can't use a pokemon because it becomes a fairy typein Gen VI.So go right ahead and use Togepi if you want^^

Does that mean I can use Azumarill in Black 2 for Medieval? :P Also I may have asked this before but what's the deal with the market when I get to Driftveil (which has the Incenses, MooMoo Milks and such)? Sorry for asking so many questions )x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
You can xD
And you have to sell an item before you buy stuff ^^

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
Years
I did it! I beat Red! :D Here's my team!

Quake the Graveler - Lv. 70, male - Rollout, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Earthquake - caught as Geodude at Lv. 3 on Route 46 (the south end, by Route 29)
Zappo the Pikachu - Lv. 68, male - Rollout, Flash, Thunderbolt, Zap Cannon - bought at Lv. 20 from Celadon Game Corner
Cinder the Typhlosion - Lv. 70, male - Cut, Iron Tail, Flamethrower, Flame Wheel - starter
Rocky the Onix - Lv. 70, male - Return, Strength, Rock Throw, Earthquake - caught at Lv. 6 in Union Cave
Shiny Diem the Red Gyarados - Lv. 66, male - Whirlpool, Bite, Dragon Rage, Waterfall - caught at Lv. 30 at the Lake of Rage
Karpe Diem the Gyarados - Lv. 70, male - Dragon Rage, Surf, DragonBreath, Hyper Beam - caught at Lv. 10 on Route 32

I'm definitely going to try another era with another game - I'll post again/edit this post when I decide! :)

Years
Update:
After training at Route 25 I managed to beat Misty (her Starmie still gives me trouble) and then took on the trainers of Route 6. Then I obtained the bike and then DESTROYED route 11 :3. Now after beating all the trainers in the first floor of the SS Anne I saved at the staircase leading up to the second floor...

Mozer the Pikachu - Lv 25
Heredia the Mankey - Level 23
Jan the Fearow - Level 23

SmashMaster24

Eevee Lover and Dark Master
Years
Hey I haven't worked on this challenge in a while, but I'm getting back into it now. Here's an update on where I am:

Spoiler:

Right now I'm working on training to fight Red.

Current Team:
poliwrath.png

Esclados (Poliwrath) ♂ Lv. 60
Surf, Submission, Ice Punch, Earthquake
scizor.png

Isolde (Scizor) ♀ Lv. 58
Wing Attack, Metal Claw, Slash, Pursuit
umbreon.png

Elyan (Umbreon) ♂ Lv. 58 (Amulet Coin)
Faint Attack, Psychic, Return, Moonlight
skarmory.png

Tristan (Skarmory) ♂ Lv. 58 (Metal Coat)
Steel Wing, Fly, Swift, Peck
dragonite.png

Nimue (Dragonite) ♀ Lv. 59 (Focus Band)
Dragon Rage, Wing Attack, Fire Punch, Thunderpunch

HM Slaves: Totodile (Cut, Whirlpool), Psyduck (Strength, Waterfall), Magnemite (Flash)

Last edited:
Years
Black 2 Medieval Era Challenge - Update #3

Spoiler:

So here's my team:
Spoiler:

I think that's sufficient progress for the time, will work on the team for later though.

cscof

pretty coolish guy
Years
This seems like a really fun challenge, and my first challenge at that

Username: Cscof
Game: Emerald
Era: Mobster Mania

Update 1, didn't want to double post

Spoiler:

Update 2
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Black 2 Medieval Era Challenge - Update #4

Spoiler:

So here's my team:
Spoiler:

Not too much more to go now, should have this done by Friday I hope.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Pokemon Storm Silver Mobster Mania! Update 2
Oh man its been a while. But i haven't forgot about this challenge. oh no
Spoiler:

Years
Another post = another opportunity for me to do an update!

Black 2 Medieval Era Challenge - Update #5

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Next update will be the last one.

Years
Thank you for the bump, now I can post this update which i've been waiting to for a little while, haha.

Black 2 Medieval Era Challenge - Update #6 - Final Update

Spoiler:

So here was my final team:
Spoiler:

Final playing time: 24:48 - Decent amount of time, around what a lot of my other challenges on this have been so it was good. Still pretty fun, even if my team was somewhat overpowered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back