• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2015
I really want to play your HGSS hack but I don't know if I could still play your game with my old save file of it when you updated the game or not so if you could, please answer it for me please! :")
(P/s: Sorry for my bad English and my silly question :p )

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I really want to play your HGSS hack but I don't know if I could still play your game with my old save file of it when you updated the game or not so if you could, please answer it for me please! :")
(P/s: Sorry for my bad English and my silly question :p )

Your old save file should be fully compatible with this hack, if you are using DeSuME just export the .sav file from your clean game and import it when u load the hack.

both version have all pokemon catchable or there are some exclusive in both?

Yes both versions have exclusives like the original. Only difference being Gligar and Skarmory are available in both games.

The idea was to make these "fine-tuned replacements" for the originals and also as a base for future rom hacks should people wish to use it. :)

Also im making a few color changes to some pokemon to make them look more closely to their official artwork so check back soon.
Here is an example:
9FMXJnR.png

Last edited:

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
Years
Tried to patch it. I have the correct ROM file, but still wouldn't let me patch with XDeltaUI because the extension of the patch is not .xdelta .

EDIT: Never mind. I figured out what I did wrong. I'll try the game out now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2021
I'm actually having the same problem, only I can't figure it out. I try to patch it, but it doesn't do anything. It's a clean, EU rom and I'm using the HG level curve patch on the HG rom.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2021
Got the patch to work now. I used a different Xdelta GUI and needed to rename the patch files as an .xdelta file. Something about this should be said in the instructions so people new to this sort of thing can get it to work.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 10, 2018
sometimes the sprites are become a mess
fixed when move to another room though

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 10, 2018
like this
Capture_zpse30oegg7.png

sorry for double post
cant post image cause not have 5 posts (T_T)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 15, 2015
Tried to patch it. I have the correct ROM file, but still wouldn't let me patch with XDeltaUI because the extension of the patch is not .xdelta .

EDIT: Never mind. I figured out what I did wrong. I'll try the game out now.

How did you fx this? I'm having the same issue when patching.

Edit: Well I managed to patch SS but still can't patch HG. Whatever, I like SS better anyways.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I downloaded the latest version yet some of the changes that were supposed to happen are not here.

Some pokemons seems to learn their moves on some weird levels. Onix is learning Rock Tomb at level 14 instead of 13 like in B2/W2. I don't know if Machop was intended to keep his level up move from gen 4 since he learn them faster than gen 5 and they are all the same.

The Game Corner still has the items for Espeon and Umbreon when they were supposed to be removed.

I don't know if something else didn't got updated.

I patched HeartGold with the Final Build that I downloaded yesterday.

The only thing that could cause problem left would probably be the wrong rom it's a U instead of a E. I would prob need to start from the beginning if I can't transfer the save file to E.

Edot: The game froze when delivering the mail to the guy on route 31.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I downloaded the latest version yet some of the changes that were supposed to happen are not here.

Some pokemons seems to learn their moves on some weird levels. Onix is learning Rock Tomb at level 14 instead of 13 like in B2/W2. I don't know if Machop was intended to keep his level up move from gen 4 since he learn them faster than gen 5 and they are all the same.

The Game Corner still has the items for Espeon and Umbreon when they were supposed to be removed.

I don't know if something else didn't got updated.

I patched HeartGold with the Final Build that I downloaded yesterday.

The only thing that could cause problem left would probably be the wrong rom it's a U instead of a E. I would prob need to start from the beginning if I can't transfer the save file to E.

Edot: The game froze when delivering the mail to the guy on route 31.

Hey, thank you for pointing that bug out to me, i had no idea he gave you an item for a mail. However this could be a problem...Im not sure I can fix it, the scripts are buggy as it is but i will try.

I have checked all 4 different patches and the items in the game corner are the Woodland ore and Chilled ore, which are used to evolve Eevee in Leafeon and Glaceon respectively. The Aubade Orb and Serenade Orb are gone.

As for the movesets, Im aware Onix learns rock tomb at lv 13 in B2/W2 but I intentionally made it learned at lv14. Onix has quite a big moveset, I had to move around some skills to make level spacing more even to make up for the absence of gen 5 moves, and like I said the tools for hacking HGSS are buggy so I had to make some minor compromises.

Anyway will see if i can get that bug fixed asap.

EDIT:Bug fixed! Latest version available.

Last edited:
Years
When playing the game it happens sometimes that the game lags and"freeze" when entering buildings or encountering pokemons... the music keeps playing but the screen stays back, is it a bug or is it my flashcart? I use the N5 (R4 clone)...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 5, 2015
Before applying the level curve patch I was looking for documentation stating exactly how the levels are scaled. However I do not see any info in the opening post or download.

How high is the 8th gym leader? Elite 4? The E4 rematch? And finally the Kanto trainers, gym leaders etc. Just curious thanks!

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Before applying the level curve patch I was looking for documentation stating exactly how the levels are scaled. However I do not see any info in the opening post or download.

How high is the 8th gym leader? Elite 4? The E4 rematch? And finally the Kanto trainers, gym leaders etc. Just curious thanks!

Here is a list of level changes for gyms, I think you can figure our the E4 from there :P

o8ebANr.png

Back