• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Vega Minus

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
Years
I finished Vega once but didn't bother with the post-game because it was just too damn tedious. Thank you very much for working on this, now I might play it again!

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
Years
I don't know what game you were playing but there were parts of Vega that were flat out not fun.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
The worst part of Vega by far was the sliding boulder puzzle in the seventh gym. Everything else regarding the difficulty was mostly tolerable; that puzzle was just there solely to waste time and enrage players.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2023
Version 1.01 is out with the biggest bug fixed!

Huge thanks to FBI for figuring out egg moves for me. You may now have your Earthquake Garchomp. Also, Zapdos learns Thunderbolt by level up as suggested. Enjoy!
Thanks for making this patch! I remembered the first english translation being broken on flashcards but later another patch fixed it. Does this one work on Ezflash, Everdrive and such?

Years
Yes, indeed it does. It uses the latest version of Dr. Akimbo's patch.

Also, new version uploaded with tweaks to the eighth gym leader.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Yes, indeed it does. It uses the latest version of Dr. Akimbo's patch.

Also, new version uploaded with tweaks to the eighth gym leader.

Hmm just a idea I thought of that I'm not expecting you to agree with, but what about opening up most of the post game areas that contain most of the pokemon you don't see before beating the Elite 4 right from the get go? With lowered levels to make up for it (and maybe making the fully evolved pokemon much rarer to find if there are any in the wild) and removing the events and possible legendaries that actually happens in those areas untill post game if possible to program such. Don't think you encounter the first post-game area early untill the Undersea Caven anyway.

Again just a random idea I thought up in another attempt to get to use some of the latter half of the pokedex sooner, so I apologise if this is starting to annoy you. If you think about it though so many of them just go to waste since you'll never use them much post game with a strong full team that you already had the whole game, they'll be mostly for pokedex completion only.

Years
Where can you catch kawappa?

Cool hack but i think the trainers between first and 2nd gym are weird. the first gym has 12-14 lvl okemon and thet trainers up to road only 9-11 lvl? why?
the 2nd gym is imho in no proportion to the wild trainers surrounding it, thx for the minus version, you are a god and a hero!

i cant play this... how does anyone beat the 2nd gym?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Hello! So, first off, pretty new to the ROM hack game in general, so bare with me. Secondly, I adore everything I've read about Minus' gameplay and Fakemon, but I seem to be running into a pretty major issue. My version continuously crashes after obtaining my starter. I've looked all over online, to no avail. It seems I'm the only one with this problem. Any advice on how to get it to work? I'm using MyBoy! pro on an Android tablet.
Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Hello! So, first off, pretty new to the ROM hack game in general, so bare with me. Secondly, I adore everything I've read about Minus' gameplay and Fakemon, but I seem to be running into a pretty major issue. My version continuously crashes after obtaining my starter. I've looked all over online, to no avail. It seems I'm the only one with this problem. Any advice on how to get it to work? I'm using MyBoy! pro on an Android tablet.
Thanks in advance!

Which ROM are you using try using fire red squirrel ROM

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Thanks for the response! And I'm currently using a 1.0 "cleaned" ROM that I found snooping around, haha

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Thanks for the response! And I'm currently using a 1.0 "cleaned" ROM that I found snooping around, haha

Went back through and couldn't find any open links to squirrels. In fact, the only available portals took me to the ROM I already have

Years
Yeah sorry Grizzly, I can't link ROMs here, it's against forum rules. There's definitely a Squirrels ROM around though, keep looking if you haven't found it already. Literally just google "pokemon fire red rom" and it's on the first page pretty sure.

Also Garbuntor if you think the second gym is bad you never saw vanilla Vega's. :L Don't play vanilla unless you want to save scum for every major trainer or spend hours grinding.

Also the second gym is super free if you catch a Mintch and evolve it to Peacoptic. Kawappa's caught by fishing or on any water route

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 15, 2018
Playing through Vega was a lot of fun for me, but because of the lack of catchable pokemon before beating the league I never finished it. I always thought it was a shame that they made all this great fakemon and we just get to use few until we finished the main-story. For example: there was just one flying type fakemon you could catch until like the 7th or 8th gym, 1 water type etc. I wish you could make most of them appear by the first time you go through a route to add variety to the game. With so few options there is no reason to play this hack more than once for me. But I do think what you did/are doing is a big step in the right direction.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Playing through Vega was a lot of fun for me, but because of the lack of catchable pokemon before beating the league I never finished it. I always thought it was a shame that they made all this great fakemon and we just get to use few until we finished the main-story. For example: there was just one flying type fakemon you could catch until like the 7th or 8th gym, 1 water type etc. I wish you could make most of them appear by the first time you go through a route to add variety to the game. With so few options there is no reason to play this hack more than once for me. But I do think what you did/are doing is a big step in the right direction.

I tried to convince him a few times already, wouldn't bother anymore if I were you.

goranthegreat

I always wanted to do this so here it is a fairy type patch for vega!
just make sure to patch it on a clean fire red v1.0 rom and enjoy:smile:
https://mega.nz/#!6O5yiCRa!MTZlUr7llFTZtrG3snTiGWACCffsgMsw7RjDQPPQTVY
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ue7c6tmw6vq65n5/vega-minus-v1.02%25282%2529.ips/file
QTMZaBx.png

Some of the pokemon that got retconned in procyon and deneb
except for Ordina and Ormaria because they got removed i just feel like that typing works.
Spoiler:

I also added some fairy type moves i replaced useless ones that weren't used..
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Edit I forgot to add kirgishia and glamarde to the list they are now added:smile:
Edit fixed a small problem updated the links.

Last edited:
Back