• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV American Horror Story

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
american-horror-story-770x470.jpg

American Horror Story is a unique series in that every season has a different plot with different characters often with the same actors.

There are currently 7 seasons:

- Murder House
- Asylum
- Coven
- Freak Show
- Hotel
- Roanoke
- Cult

The 8th season, Apocalypse, premieres this month. This is the first season to include a crossover of pervious seasons in this case Murder House and Coven.

Are you a fan of this series? Which installment has been your favorite?

Last edited:
Years
I've only completely watched 3 seasons - Murder House, Asylum, and Roanoke.

I got about halfway through Coven & Freak Show. The former just went way too awry for me. It had a really interesting premise, and a great cast...and just kinda went nowhere. Maybe I'll give it another chance, but...yeah.
Freakshow just kinda got a little boring to me. It was neat seeing Sister Mary Eustace & Pepper...and Jessica Lange's covers were fantastic..but I stopped watching due to lack of interest.

I didn't bother with Hotel or Cult tbh.

The best seasons to date, imo, were Asylum and Murder House. The former just had the best acting all around of all the seasons to date. I also really enjoyed Roanoke. The 'docudrama' twist was pretty neat. Plus, seeing Lana Winters at the end was marvelous. I love Sarah Paulson.

I'm going to give Apocalypse a shot.

Sirfetch’d

I've loved every season so far with the exception of Hotel. It was absolute garbage. I felt like the show did a good job though the last two seasons redeeming itself! This season is looking to be one of the best yet with pretty much every cast member playing a part. The only one who hasn't been confirmed so far is Angela Basset I think? Anyways, I am just really excited and just know this season is coming for my wig

Years
I've loved every season so far with the exception of Hotel. It was absolute garbage. I felt like the show did a good job though the last two seasons redeeming itself! This season is looking to be one of the best yet with pretty much every cast member playing a part. The only one who hasn't been confirmed so far is Angela Basset I think? Anyways, I am just really excited and just know this season is coming for my wig

Would you recommend I binge Cult real fast, then? '-'

Yeah I'm going to be pressed if Angela Basset isn't involved.

Sirfetch’d

Would you recommend I binge Cult real fast, then? '-'

Yeah I'm going to be pressed if Angela Basset isn't involved.

I would! It's certainly not the best season, but I do feel like Evan and Sarah had really standout performances in Cult so it really stands out to me. Also with it being very relevant to today is another reason it is so good.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I'm a fan of AHS and my favorite season are Freak Show and Asylum. I really like the way how Jessica Lange sings Gods and Monsters in Freak Show.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I haven?t bothered with it properly since the disappointment that was Freak Show that I barely finished. Asylum is amazing though. I?m drfinitely looking forward to Apocalypse too

blue

gucci
Years
Seen all of them except Hotel and I love the show. Rewatching Murder House and Coven right before Apocalypse starts. Coven and Asylum are the best imo!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I hated the first few episodes of Cult so I never really got into it and gave up. The political commentary being so obvious and unimaginative killed it for me - does it get better?

My favourite seasons are Coven and Asylum, although I enjoyed most of the other seasons as well.

Looking forward to Apocolypse although the recent trailer has me wondering how it all ties together with some of the actors playing 2/3 different characters.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Roanoke = Asylum > Coven > Cult > Murder House > Hotel > Freak Show

I watched the first episode of Apocalypse and it was great.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
This season is fantastic so far. They are definitely doing a great job with the whole cross over thing. I wonder if more cross overs will occur in the future.

Back