• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Square-Enix ☆ Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years

EDIT: Kingdom Hearts 3D English trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv7TtGC0cVE

late but JKLSFHSD:LKSHDKLFJDSKGL:HFJSDLKFJHDS:KALDJ:LKFDSMFKSDLJFESITGJSD:FIEW RIKUUUUUUUU wait, is that actually David Gallagher doing YMX? What.

asdfjkl erica y u so wall of text-y

need to think up proper response DX edit probably coming tomorrow? Two days from now? WHEN IT GETS DONE, OKAY ;;

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
late but JKLSFHSD:LKSHDKLFJDSKGL:HFJSDLKFJHDS:KALDJ:LKFDSMFKSDLJFESITGJSD:FIEW RIKUUUUUUUU wait, is that actually David Gallagher doing YMX? What.

asdfjkl erica y u so wall of text-y

need to think up proper response DX edit probably coming tomorrow? Two days from now? WHEN IT GETS DONE, OKAY ;;

kh3dben.png

Ben Diskin is suspected to be YMX.
But he hasnt confirmed or deny, so we never know

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
Years
I did buy DDD in Japanese but its so weird hearing Disney characters in Japanese that I think I'll just buy KH 3 in english lol

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Just found the controls for battle hard. The story was pretty interesting though.

I thought the battle system was pretty flawed ;_; I think I've complained about it here before though.

I just watched the KH:3D Trailer and I still have a hard time liking the series ><. Maybe it's because the trailer didn't really have a path? It felt like an amalgamation of lots of different bits so they could say cliché things about hearts and friends and stuff, idk.

Also, the combination of three different graphics types is horrible. Disney/Western Cartoons, then the more JRPG style original characters, then the more realistic Tron characters... they just don't go together and I think that would drive me up the wall :L.

Were there any FF characters in that 10 minutes orrrrrrrr...? o.O

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
I guess I might've misunderstood what Gallagher said then. My bad.

Ben also went on later to say this as well:

tumblr_m47vk16l4D1qcbdpro1_500.png

My bad gaisu :x

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
Years
SIMON FROM 7TH HEAVEN VOICES RIKU?! I'M JUST NOW FINDING THIS OUT AFTER BEING A FAN OF 8 YEARS?!

*Hides in corner of shame*

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
I guess I might've misunderstood what Gallagher said then. My bad.

Ben also went on later to say this as well:

tumblr_m47vk16l4D1qcbdpro1_500.png

My bad gaisu :x

Dont be sorry yo!
He did sound alot like Gallagher's voice, it is understandable :)
glad we know who plays him right? :D so GOOD NEWS :).

SIMON FROM 7TH HEAVEN VOICES RIKU?! I'M JUST NOW FINDING THIS OUT AFTER BEING A FAN OF 8 YEARS?!

*Hides in corner of shame*

Yup, he does :o I found out maybe when i open the instruction manual of KH1 they have all the voice acting in KH1 instruction manual. Lance Bass(Idk if its Lance Bass from Nsync or some other lance bass) did the voice of Sephiroth in KH1 (did an epic job imo). Anywho, Yeah. Alot of famous actors/Actress was on KH mainly cause it was partly owned by disney lol. Like Mandy Moore, Christy Carlson Romano, Billy Zane (who voiced Ansem in Kh1, but his egotistic personality demanded more money, so they let him go and replaced him with Richard Epcar in Kh2 and so on). But yeah :)

Riku

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
Only bad thing is now, every time I see him, all I'll see is Nigel Uno :c

And in reference to the first KH game, it was actually Lance Bass of 'N Sync that voiced Sephy. And iirc, Sean Astin voiced Hercules. :3

Cid

Years
Don't feel bad, SA.
It's not your fault David Gallagher was misleading. Along with a couple of fansites. XD

I want Billy Zane back to voice Ansem, to be honest. He was great at being intimidating, and really put on the seeker of darkness into his character. I wish they didn't put him in their blacklist just because they had conflicting views. And that reminds me, Tarzan! Deep Jungle has to be back in KHIII. Although chances are slim to none.

I really haven't heard much of Numbuh One's voice in Kids Next Door so I'm okay. More on the VAs, Lance Bass sounded odd as Sephiroth. Can't remember how Herc sounded in KH. Mandy Moore was great as Aerith, though. And I actually knew Riku was Simon Camden from 7th Heaven since day one, blame the internet. He's pretty good though.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
I love Square Enix, its my favorite game company ever. My favorite game they made is Final Fantasy 9 and Kingdom Hearts 2. I love Sora, Roxas and Zidane

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I love Square Enix, its my favorite game company ever. My favorite game they made is Final Fantasy 9 and Kingdom Hearts 2. I love Sora, Roxas and Zidane

Welcome to the Club!
Do you have anything to add about whose voicing the characters in the english port of KH3D? I personally don't, as long as the familiar characters have the same or similar voices I would be fine with it. But I would be very disappointed if they don't have the same voice actors. That'd ruin it for me for sure.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
(Welcome, Hayley!)

I don't really get worked up about voice actor changes in KH anymore. At least, not in the English version. :( They've changed the voices of major characters plenty of times and they're going to keep doing it, so I just have to deal. Thankfully, Sora, Riku and Roxas haven't changed, but poor Namine's gone through like 3 voices now and every time they get big-name actors to do voices (DiZ, MX, etc.), they always end up changing them to lesser-known ones to, presumably, save money as the series goes on. So I don't even know what to think now. Hopefully they'll change Aqua's voice in a future one! *fingers crossed*

Cid

Years
Welcome to the club, Hayley. ;D

I have to contribute to the discussion! Let's see, I really want Aqua's VA to get better or get going. Along with Terra's actually. However, I want Sora, Riku, Kairi and Roxas to still have theirs 'til the end of time. So yeah.

Now everyone, take a deep breath and scroll down.

- - huge reply starts now - -

Erica! So sorry it took 358/2 Days to reply. ;O;

oh my god I put this off because I was having trouble getting my thoughts about a certain part down and then the posts kept building up and then I had no time to write this reply on the weekend and AAAH now this will take me forever. ;_; Here we go.

I'm formatting this by topic since I thought that worked really well that last time Cid had a ton of stuff to catch up on. XD;
Gah I know the feeling. Really there's so much to talk about and I'm loving it! Only difference is you actually pretty much replied to everything. That takes an enormous amount of effort and time, even I got drained just replying to the last two walls of text or so that one time in the past.

That's cool, I didn't know it actually sort of worked. I shouldn't have removed the quotes there, though, that nullified the organization. Besides, you did the formatting way better. Posting wall of texts like how it should be done. XD;

I apologize if this post lacks that same spiffy formatting, everyone.
I...tried my best.

KINGDOM HEARTS

Vanitas
spoiler: Days, BBS, 3D
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Why Do All The Characters Suck At Remembering Past Events
spoiler: BBS, Re:Coded, 3D
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

spoiler: Days, BBS
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

spoiler: BBS, Re:Coded
Spoiler:

spoiler: BBS
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

358/2 Days
spoiler: Days
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

3D
spoiler: I'm going to assume anyone who's spoilt themselves for 3D also knows the rest of the series' plot. EVERYTHING.
Spoiler:

spoiler: 3D, rest of the series' plot
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

NA Additions
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

English Trailer
Spoiler:

(yeah, the last two of those were only in spoiler tags because it was really hard to read this post otherwise. XD)

no spoilers.
Spoiler:

General Stuff
no spoilers. just saving space for people scrolling on past. also formatting. :x
Spoiler:

no spoilers. just prepare for tons of lines that more or less reply to the corresponding quote.
Spoiler:
I've finally replied to everything KH! That took sooo long. XD

FINAL FANTASY

FF7 Compilation
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Final Fantasy XIII-2
spoiler: there are actual spoilers in here... it's not just formatting!
Spoiler:

spoiler: Final Fantasy XIII-2
Spoiler:

OTHER STUFF
Well, I think the only time we've ever talked about Dragon Quest was to literally ask the question "...has anyone even played this?" So I dunno. TWEWY comes up often enough but I feel like worst case, it could be contained in a thread for it in Video Gaming. Every time it does come up, it only gets one or two posts before the topic changes. Hmm.

:/ Do we want to keep this thread all in one? Is anyone really opposed to splitting it? I think at this point it makes more sense to split them up because the back-and-forth for each series drowns out the other. There's so much to talk about right now and it's hard finding a balance. Any opinions?​

Aye, I actually never finished any Dragon Quest games, haha. Don't see people discussing them at all (quality of DQ is unrelated because the series is good, just not much KH/FF fans are drawn in). And yeah the conflicting topics sometimes overshadow each other so that's a problem (it's really hard to pick out the posts you want to reply to because it's like finding an FF or TWEWY post in a sea of KH ones and sometimes vice-versa).

I'm okay with splitting but it would be hard to get activity churning for each thread judging history. =\
You can expect me to post in both though! ;D
But I'm also alright with keeping the SE fan club as it is if the majority thinks it's best this way.​

hahaha before I formatted this, it was 16 pages in word. /COLLAPSES
Mine is probably shorter but I still don't want to know how long this is in comparison. It's probably the longest post I've ever made on this forum. XD; I didn't use Word, though. I made it a habit to send myself PMs of the unfinished post and just edit it there. I get to see how it looks like in PC as an added bonus. Oh and it wasn't completely my idea, I was following Ryan's old advice. :D

Yay I finished it. 8D Now I'm absolutely exhausted.

- - - -

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
uh... Wall of text makes my eyes bleed.

I just found out SE published Full Metal Alchemist! Are we allowed to talk about stuff they do outside of gaming or just gaming related stuff??
(Fullmetal alch was incredible (especially brotherhood))

Riku

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
While Youtube surfing today, I came across this little gem. Figured you guys might enjoy it and wanna try it yourself sometime too.

Also, it's officially confirmed Diskin to be YMX from his Facebook wall post:

ymxndabyebye.PNG

Cherrim

Years
I have to contribute to the discussion! Let's see, I really want Aqua's VA to get better or get going. Along with Terra's actually. However, I want Sora, Riku, Kairi and Roxas to still have theirs 'til the end of time. So yeah.
Kairi's already changed hers at least once before. :( I just know that Hayden Panetierre no longer does her voice which kind of sucks because I loved her Kairi. ;_;
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
spoiler: Re:Coded, BBS, Days
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I thought the mission order thing was okay. It made a fair bit of sense, anyway. I just didn't like how there were so many blank days. I know there are one or two that don't really have any action—they're just cutscenes anyway—so would it have been that hard to add in additional story without having to do missions first? D:

I think I liked the format Days was in and I really think that, in order to put it on any other console (especially a non-handheld one) they'd have to entirely change the game mechanic or the game will just be horribly received. I guess I could see doing it as a port to 3DS when/if they do a 3DS:FM or if they did it as an addition to a console FM like COM was… but I can't really think of where they'd do that. It'll be way too late by the time KH3 comes out and there's nothing that can come out in the interim. I mean, I'm still sort of expecting an HD compilation on PS3 kind of like Metal Gear Solid and God of War got, so maybe they could do a Re:358/2 Days game… but I feel like it wouldn't really fit in there and it wouldn't be needed as an addition because the games themselves in HD would be enough of a selling point. u_u
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
spoiler: 3D, BBS
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
spoiler: 3D, BBS
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
spoiler: everything but coded
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

no spoilers.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

spoiler: Crisis Core
Spoiler:

But that appointment, really funny how you described it. XD;
Okay I'm good now. :3

Best FF protagonist indeed. He was awesome in Complete.

spoiler: why was this in a spoiler again? XD;;
Spoiler:

I can't get over how they're actually married!
spoiler: Crisis Core: FFVII
Spoiler:

spoiler: Final Fantasy XIII-2
Spoiler:
spoiler: FFXIII-2
Spoiler:

Aye, I actually never finished any Dragon Quest games, haha. Don't see people discussing them at all (quality of DQ is unrelated because the series is good, just not much KH/FF fans are drawn in). And yeah the conflicting topics sometimes overshadow each other so that's a problem (it's really hard to pick out the posts you want to reply to because it's like finding an FF or TWEWY post in a sea of KH ones and sometimes vice-versa).

I'm okay with splitting but it would be hard to get activity churning for each thread judging history. =\
You can expect me to post in both though! ;D
But I'm also alright with keeping the SE fan club as it is if the majority thinks it's best this way.
I feel like maybe I should ask this again but not in a huge post again. XD I think I'd prefer a split club too since I feel kind of annoying having these massive KH posts every so often and most of the in-betweens aren't really too related to the KH discussions so it's actually pretty hard to find all the KH posts when I'm writing these and want to refer to earlier discussions. D:

We seem to be doing okay activity-wise on both the KH and FF ends of this thread… if that interest continues, I think both threads would do just fine but… if this burst of activity in the last month is just temporary, one or both might die if we split. ;_;
uh... Wall of text makes my eyes bleed.

I just found out SE published Full Metal Alchemist! Are we allowed to talk about stuff they do outside of gaming or just gaming related stuff??
(Fullmetal alch was incredible (especially brotherhood))
Well, Square-Enix as a publisher does a lot of things but I'd say this club is more about what they develop rather than publish. They also publish the Batman games along with the Modern Warfare/Call of Duty series in Japan but we don't talk about those. :P FMA'll have to go in its own thread.
While Youtube surfing today, I came across this little gem. Figured you guys might enjoy it and wanna try it yourself sometime too.

I'd love to try sea salt ice cream. Definitely faving that video to watch again so I can try making it with friends one day. :D

I also saw someone made the thunder ice cream from BBS on Tumblr. I think there was a recipe included. I liked the post but hopefully it hasn't been buried by my other likes yet… *goes to search*

…found it!

Man, I wish I actually liked ice cream more than I do. XD;

omg quarter to four by the time i finished this. /BED

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
Years
I had this odd dream about a Square Enix Pokemon game for Wii U. Not sure why but I did. It was pretty interesting though. Sadly with them not being with Nintendo these days I doubt it would happen. I'm curiosu to see what they show at E3. *Cough*Versus Release Date*Cough*

Cherrim

Years
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that XIII Versus will not have any sort of appearance at E3 which I assume means no release date too. :P

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that XIII Versus will not have any sort of appearance at E3 which I assume means no release date too. :P

http://andriasang.com/comzoe/nomura_famitsu_interview/

Nomura said he'd like to release some Versus related information this year, and he also said the next time it'd be shown would be on actual hardware. If it's gonna be shown then it'll probably be at TGS. I wouldn't be surprised if Versus XIII wasn't announced at E3(because they have a pretty full lineup already), but they could pull some sort of surprise announcement.

...Naaaaah. That's under the assumption that Square Enix knows what their fans want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back